How far will you travel to see the 2012 VH tour?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sadaist
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jul 2004

When I live IN San Diego, the travel to the Sports Arena was never more than about 20 minutes from anywhere I lived in town. Since I moved, it's about an hours drive. Maybe 1:15 with traffic. But seriously considering moving again before the shows hit the west coast. That will make the nearest venue about 6 hours. Ouchies.

But I've driven 5 hours to Vegas to see both Roth and Van Halen before. No biggie. I kinda like road trips anyways. Play cd's & eat food I'd never eat otherwise.
    “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• sadaist
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Momshell
      with ink like that I think it's mandatory!!

haha! no shit. Dude better make SURE Dave sees that Tattoo.
      “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• guwapo_rocker
        Sniper
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by sadaist
        When I live IN San Diego, the travel to the Sports Arena was never more than about 20 minutes from anywhere I lived in town. Since I moved, it's about an hours drive. Maybe 1:15 with traffic. But seriously considering moving again before the shows hit the west coast. That will make the nearest venue about 6 hours. Ouchies.

But I've driven 5 hours to Vegas to see both Roth and Van Halen before. No biggie. I kinda like road trips anyways. Play cd's & eat food I'd never eat otherwise.
        So you're coming to Vegas then?????
        WE'RE ON A MISSION FROM ROTH.

Comment

• sadaist
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
          You're gonna have to beat 2360 miles, Norfolk to Los Angeles......

Wait though. You are forgetting to calculate the reduction of miles due to freeness of the ticket and what type of show it was. A Friends & Fans rehearsal for free should knock off about 2359 miles from that. The more epic the show, the less you can claim on your return or something like that.

Comment

• sadaist
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Jul 2004

Originally posted by guwapo_rocker
            So you're coming to Vegas then?????
            If I don't move, I will see them in San Diego and probably Vegas. I don't like Los Angeles shows. Crowds are different, parking SUCKS, traffic SUCKS, I always feel like I'm gonna get robbed, freeways confusing as shit, etc. Drive to Vegas is easy & fun. I can play some video poker the next morning too.

But if I move, it will have to be the Oakland show :-( Never been to a show there but Oakland stinks. it might be cool since that's where their epic show was way back. Unless they add any WA or OR shows.

Comment

• guwapo_rocker
              Sniper
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by sadaist
              If I don't move, I will see them in San Diego and probably Vegas. I don't like Los Angeles shows. Crowds are different, parking SUCKS, traffic SUCKS, I always feel like I'm gonna get robbed, freeways confusing as shit, etc. Drive to Vegas is easy & fun. I can play some video poker the next morning too.

But if I move, it will have to be the Oakland show :-( Never been to a show there but Oakland stinks. it might be cool since that's where their epic show was way back. Unless they add any WA or OR shows.
              1. Love double double bonus poker and bonus deuces wild
              2. You feel like you're gonna get robbed in L.A., but might see them in OAKLAND??

Comment

• sadaist
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Jul 2004

2. You feel like you're gonna get robbed in L.A., but might see them in OAKLAND??
                LOL...i know right? Oakland would only be a "have to" type of situation. LA is a choice. So if it takes a couple bullet wounds and a lost wallet & watch, I'll do it to see Van Halen. I can go to the hospital after the show.

Comment

• scott b
                  Groupie
                  • Jun 2005

Melbourne Fl. to Los Angeles June 9th !

Comment

• moose
                    Veteran
                    • Mar 2004

Are any of you road tripping for the tour? Are you travelling just because the

tour is a great excuse to do so, or out of necessity?

I will be travelling to Buffalo to hook up with some fellow Army members in March,

and then flying 2200 miles to see them in Vegas in May. And if they add a Cleveland

show, well, that is mandatory for many of us who have met there twice before for

DLR at the house of blues and Van Halen at the Q. Cleveland gets a bad rap in my opinion,

we had a blast on both occasions and I can't wait to go back.

I have decided that if they hit any one of the following, I am in for at least one of them:

Hong Kong, Sydney Australia, Manilla Philippines.

That is if they ever figure out that "World" includes more than just North America

So, how far will you be travelling this tour?
                    And you want me to buy you a shirt for your bday
                    Lol.....
                    GROUPIE!!!!

Comment

• guwapo_rocker
                      Sniper
                      • Jan 2004

The one with the motorcycle please

Comment

• moose
                        Veteran
                        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by golitely
                        Rome,Italy to Chicago, IL. I bet last time they'd make it to Europe, don't want risk getting screwed another time. Plus, I need to stock up on pancake syrup and peanut butter.
                        R u a Romanista or a Laziale?

Comment

• moose
                          Veteran
                          • Mar 2004

The big smoke and Buffalo
                          Havent thought about any other shows
                          yet

Comment

• guwapo_rocker
                            Sniper
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by moose
                            The big smoke and Buffalo
                            Havent thought about any other shows
                            yet
                            Vegas dude!!!

Comment

• VanHalenI
                              Roadie
                              • Dec 2010

I live in Mexico that means I'll never EVER be able to go to L.A. or New York or nowhere to see my heroes. If Van Halen won't come to Mexico on a tour, Im positive I'll never see them live in my whole life
                              I had some crazy vision, one I can't deny it
                              It said "Open your eyes. Leave it all behind."

Comment

• guwapo_rocker
                                Sniper
                                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by VanHalenI
                                I live in Mexico that means I'll never EVER be able to go to L.A. or New York or nowhere to see my heroes. If Van Halen won't come to Mexico on a tour, Im positive I'll never see them live in my whole life
                                Why not?

Comment

Working...