Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Well Van Hagar are in Philadelphia tonight and I'M NOT THERE

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Lou

Well Van Hagar are in Philadelphia tonight and I'M NOT THERE

And I couldn't feel more confident about my decision not to go. Nope, not sacrificing for poor ol' Eddie who still can't seem to recognize what the fans want. Damn I'm gonna miss out on that "When It's Love" encore and a Spermmy rendition of "Unchained"...damn.

BTW the radio stations were emphasizing that good seats remain for tonight and tomorrow night...gee I wonder why! Fuck this band.

I'll be posting here tomorrow night to this thread to show again, that I fucking refuse to see Eddie, despite never having seen him, if Roth is not on that stage.

" Littering and...."
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Re: Well Van Hagar are in Philadelphia tonight and I'M NOT THERE

Originally posted by Lou

BTW the radio stations were emphasizing that good seats remain for tonight and tomorrow night...gee I wonder why! Fuck this band.

lol..try to get an exact Lou..I really wanna know for some reason..

Lou
    Well one guy called up and he goes, "Wow I got great eye level seats on the side today, I can't believe it!"

YOU GIVE PEACE A CHANCE
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    a perception of reality-understanding your place in life will allow you to gain access into the next.
    Status

Re: Well Van Hagar are in Philadelphia tonight and I'M NOT THERE

Originally posted by Lou
    And I couldn't feel more confident about my decision not to go. Nope, not sacrificing for poor ol' Eddie who still can't seem to recognize what the fans want. Damn I'm gonna miss out on that "When It's Love" encore and a Spermmy rendition of "Unchained"...damn.

Sure sure Lou...You're probably on your way out the door right now! Make sure to leave your computer on and have the Army site open so we wont suspect you're not there.

I heard ya missed us...
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Lou

I'll be posting here tomorrow night to this thread to show again, that I fucking refuse to see Eddie, despite never having seen him, if Roth is not on that stage.

Lou
    I'll say this much, even if I did that it wouldn't have me logged in for 3 hours straight. You'll see me on throughout the night, not there

The Todd Show
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    A joke only Lou will get:

Sam Hagar's Freudian slip while on stage at the Wack-Off center - "Good night New Hope, you've been a great bunch of guys!"

Mezro...montgomeryville and bucks county used to be called home
    Got me a date with a shaved Asian. I know, I know; I think it's fucked!

YOU GIVE PEACE A CHANCE
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    a perception of reality-understanding your place in life will allow you to gain access into the next.
    Status
    I was just fuckin' with ya. Although I sense I may have given you an idea... There are plenty of seats available. We know that much.
    "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

Lou
    Originally posted by Mezro
    A joke only Lou will get:

Sam Hagar's Freudian slip while on stage at the Wack-Off center - "Good night New Hope, you've been a great bunch of guys!"

Mezro...montgomeryville and bucks county used to be called home
    Oh I get that...he'll probably stop there on the way up to north Jersey

What I wonder is when they play in Worcester, if he'll slip and call them Provincetown, or when they play in north Jersey or Long Island (if they're even playing there, I don't know) he'll slip and call them Fire Island.

YOU GIVE PEACE A CHANCE
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    It probably is a bit tempting for you to go though, and that's kinda understandable. I understand you were a big Ed fan and listen to the Hagar era first before Classic era entered. But refrain. The power of Christ compels you. The power of Christ compels you..The power of Christ compels you...

YOU GIVE PEACE A CHANCE
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    "What I wonder is when they play in Worcester, if he'll slip and call them Provincetown, or when they play in north Jersey or Long Island (if they're even playing there, I don't know) he'll slip and call them Fire Island."

LMAO!

Lou
    Well it's not tempting. Even before the Van Hagar reunion, I knew I wouldn't enjoy one. If I were there right now (no pun intended) I'd just be fucking furious watching that bozo on stage and having to sit through Van Hagar tunes.

I sincerely mean this--I don't have one bit of desire to be there. There's no regret, I'm not cutting off my nose to spite my face, I know I can't possibly enjoy this crap. It's music I hate.

I was never a "Hagar" fan, I just grew up thinking that the band was whatever Eddie says it is. I also bought all the Van HALEN albums before testing out the Van Hagars, except Diver Down because I believed Eddie's lie that it was their worst album.

YOU GIVE PEACE A CHANCE
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I bought my first six all mixed up too. I picked up VH1 when I was 9, then waited years to buy more. At that point I believe, Fair Warning was already out and Diver Down was on its way. So In order for me was 1, FW, DD,WACF,2 and 1984 last. I bought 5150 when it came out and I actualy played quite a bit of it. I hated Dreams and Love Walks In the most. Then I bought EEAS and thats when I realised the difference in what made Van Halen...VAN HALEN. It was Dave. It was so obvious to me at that point. I mean I always loved Dave from the get go, but I wasn't thinking about who was better back in the day, when they were still together. Wow that was a long fucking story about nothing. Thanks for reading everybody! Drive safe and don't forget to tip your prostitute!

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    WACF was the last of the first 4 of the 6 pack that I bought. I think I got it in '82. Once I had Fair Warning in my possession, I bought 'em all REAL fast!

1984 was of course the very last.
    Last edited by ALMOSTsaved; 06-16-2004 at 08:26 PM.
    I like to pay close attention to the things I'll forget later...

guwapo_rocker
    My first six was Brador I think...puked for hours!

YOU GIVE PEACE A CHANCE
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    To make a long story short I enjoy listening to Sam Hagar sing as much as I enjoy squeezing my Aunt Penny's pussy boil until it bursts it's reddish white liquid puss into my jaw dropped mouth. Y-U-M-M-Y!

The Todd Show
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Lou
    Oh I get that...he'll probably stop there on the way up to north Jersey ...he'll slip and call them Fire Island.
    "This one is for you Fire Island...get ready to put your ass against the record machine...this tune is called Fire In The Hole!"

Mezro...Sam will cruise Manayunk for some man gunk

YOU GIVE PEACE A CHANCE
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by ALMOSTsaved
    WACF was the last of the 6 pack that I bought. I think I got it in '82. Once I had Fair Warning in my possession, I bought 'em all REAL fast!
    LOL Yeah I remember doing that with FW, but my next one was in order- Diver Down. I was a little dissapointed in DD after listening to FW. But I still play the fuck out of all of them evenly.

The Todd Show
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Big Troubles
    Aunt Penny's pussy boil
    LOL..thanks for naming my new band.

Mezro... and opening for APPB is Uncle Pete's Rectal Blister

Lou
    Oh yeah Manayunk...barely registers on my radar as I've been there once but yes it is gay. The one time I went there I was thinking to myself, "Why are people hyping up this place"?

YOU GIVE PEACE A CHANCE
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    LOL Yeah I have a few...

The Vagina Slugs

Lactating Kitten Nipples

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I think the original order I purchased the albums was:

Fair Warning
    VH II
    VH
    WACF
    Diver Down

Rotharmy Gladiator

DG's Slave
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Hey Lou,

Any word on the low attendance yet?

As long as we're sharing the order of albums, I'll see if I can remember as well?

I bought Diver Down when it first came out cos I loved (Oh) Pretty Woman from the radio. I still don't/cannot understand why people dog that album so much? It contains everything that Halen was all about.

Then I bought VH1 and VH2 simultainiously.

1984 when it first came out and then for my 13th birthday I got a pre-recorded cassette tape that had WACF and FW both on the same tape. I completely destroyed that after all of the years I took it skiing in my walkman.

I still listen to Mean Street right before I go down the first hill cos it has always been my theme and pumps me up.

I bought 5150 and OU812 when they first came out and actually liked a few songs outside of Hagar but I haven't listened to them in well over a decade. That's how "Timeless" they are to me. I don't own any of the others cos from what has been played to me by friends over the years just sucks.
    EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

To All you "Wannabes'" FU
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    78' listening to Boston, Knack(I know, I know) Kc &The sunshine Band, until one fateful day my cousins brought this album to my parents place and played the album on them old style furnitue stereo's. Just imagine the look I had on my face, it was I had died and gone to heaven. From that day on I was hell bent for leather for this band. So it took me 2 weeks worth of allowance to buy that first album at Towers(RIP) @ the corner of Dufferin and Dupont. $7.99 was the cost. The rest I bought as soon as they came out give or take a few days. To this day I still thank my older kin for igniting the fire in me that will never and I mean never FADE AWAY.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    LOU, its easy. I did it in 98. Its not like you are missing anything, even if you were going just for Ed. Ed doesnt seem to be playing that great at the moment anyways..
    BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
    Love ya Mary Frances!

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Hey Panamark, don't rain on Lou's parade, man. This is his BIG MOMENT TO SHINE!!!

I mean, the guy has successfully not gone to a concert that he never wanted to go to in the first place!
    I've got the cure you're thinkin' of.

http://i.imgur.com/jBw4fCu.gif

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I applaud his resolve !

IN ROTH WE TRUST
    Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I applaud his resolve !
    <br />
    <b>Warning</b>: mysql_connect(): Too many connections in <b>/home/rotharmy/public_html/forums/alice/faqbot/src/admin/dbprefs.php</b> on line <b>52</b><br />
    <br />
    <b>Warning</b>: mysql_query(): Too many connections in <b>/home/rotharmy/public_html/forums/alice/faqbot/src/util.php</b> on line <b>302</b><br />
    <br />
    <b>Warning</b>: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in <b>/home/rotharmy/public_html/forums/alice/faqbot/src/util.php</b> on line <b>302</b><br />
    <br />
    <b>Warning</b>: mysql_query(): Too many connections in <b>/home/rotharmy/public_html/forums/alice/faqbot/src/util.php</b> on line <b>318</b><br />
    <br />
    <b>Warning</b>: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in <b>/home/rotharmy/public_html/forums/alice/faqbot/src/util.php</b> on line <b>318</b><br />
    <br />
    <b>Warning</b>: mysql_query(): Too many connections in <b>/home/rotharmy/public_html/forums/alice/faqbot/src/util.php</b> on line <b>187</b><br />
    <br />
    <b>Warning</b>: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in <b>/home/rotharmy/public_html/forums/alice/faqbot/src/util.php</b> on line <b>187</b><br />
    <br />
    <b>Warning</b>: mysql_query(): Too many connections in <b>/home/rotharmy/public_html/forums/alice/faqbot/src/util.php</b> on line <b>235</b><br />
    <br />
    <b>Warning</b>: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in <b>/home/rotharmy/public_html/forums/alice/faqbot/src/util.php</b> on line <b>235</b><br />
    <br />
    <b>Warning</b>: mysql_query(): Too many connections in <b>/home/rotharmy/public_html/forums/alice/faqbot/src/graphnew.php</b> on line <b>298</b><br />
    <br />
    <b>Warning</b>: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in <b>/home/rotharmy/public_html/forums/alice/faqbot/src/graphnew.php</b> on line <b>298</b><br />
    <br />
    <b>Warning</b>: mysql_query(): Too many connections in <b>/home/rotharmy/public_html/forums/alice/faqbot/src/util.php</b> on line <b>250</b><br />
    <br />
    <b>Warning</b>: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in <b>/home/rotharmy/public_html/forums/alice/faqbot/src/util.php</b> on line <b>250</b><br />
    <br />
    <b>Warning</b>: mysql_insert_id(): A link to the server could not be established in <b>/home/rotharmy/public_html/forums/alice/faqbot/src/util.php</b> on line <b>253</b><br />
    <br />
    <b>Warning</b>: mysql_query(): Too many connections in <b>/home/rotharmy/public_html/forums/alice/faqbot/src/util.php</b> on line <b>270</b><br />
    <br />
    <b>Warning</b>: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in <b>/home/rotharmy/public_html/forums/alice/faqbot/src/util.php</b> on line <b>270</b><br />
    <br />
    <b>Warning</b>: mysql_query(): Too many connections in <b>/home/rotharmy/public_html/forums/alice/faqbot/src/util.php</b> on line <b>285</b><br />
    <br />
    <b>Warning</b>: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in <b>/home/rotharmy/public_html/forums/alice/faqbot/src/util.php</b> on line <b>285</b><br />
    "I decided to name my new band DLR because when you say David Lee Roth people think of an individual, but when you say DLR you think of a band. Its just like when you say Edward Van Halen, people think of an individual, but when you say Van Halen, you think of…David Lee Roth, baby!"!

Lou
    OK and here I am, night 2...Van Hagar are to hit the stage at 8:30 and again, I'm not there. Damn straight I take pride in not seeing this crap.

Sweet Talkin' Ladies Man
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Dr. Love
    Hey Panamark, don't rain on Lou's parade, man. This is his BIG MOMENT TO SHINE!!!

I mean, the guy has successfully not gone to a concert that he never wanted to go to in the first place!
    LOL!
    Talk Classic Rock - The Official Message Board For Classic Rock -- Now on XenForo!

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    It feels good snubbing those bastards !!

Nigel
    Wow, you are spending alot of wasted time NOT seeing a Band that you don't want to see, but you want to see Eddie. Guess what Lou, maybe when you are a 50 year old fuck like me, you can see Eddie in 27 years from now when Eddie is 76 and playing "Big Bad Bill" in a Walmart in Philly.

Why don't you go and see Van Hagar and wear an eyepatch that cuts out Sammy. If you wait much longer alcoholism is bound to catch up to them.

guwapo_rocker
    Originally posted by Nigel
    Wow, you are spending alot of wasted time NOT seeing a Band that you don't want to see, but you want to see Eddie. Guess what Lou, maybe when you are a 50 year old fuck like me, you can see Eddie in 27 years from now when Eddie is 76 and playing "Big Bad Bill" in a Walmart in Philly.

Why don't you go and see Van Hagar and wear an eyepatch that cuts out Sammy. If you wait much longer alcoholism is bound to catch up to them.
    Me smells sheep dung!!

JCOOK
    LOU IM'NOT GONNA GO WITH YA MAN!

Nigel
    Just for your edification guwapo fuck nuts, in 1986 I negotiated with Pete Angelus to get Mr. Roth into one of our Club Med commercials for Canada. In 1988 I then negotiated with Eddie Anderson to use one of Dave's classics for a print ad for a financial company.

The headline was "Whoever said money doesn't buy happiness, didn't know where to go shopping". So eat your sheep dung, Mr. Fucking Know-It-All

guwapo_rocker
    Just for your edification guwapo fuck nuts, in 1986 I negotiated with Pete Angelus to get Mr. Roth into one of our Club Med commercials for Canada. In 1988 I then negotiated with Eddie Anderson to use one of Dave's classics for a print ad for a financial company.

The headline was "Whoever said money doesn't buy happiness, didn't know where to go shopping". So eat your sheep dung, Mr. Fucking Know-It-All
    Hey, we're triying to get Dave to play at a DLR ARMY bash,
    With your connections maybe you could help hmmmmm?

Nigel
    Hey, listen, I'm just sick of being called names by people who should respect their elders.

I'm sure you're a nice guy guwapo, but I was called a 50 year old fuck by someone here and you NEVER KNOW who you are dealing with. As WE ALL KNOW Mr. Roth will be 50 this Oct.10th. He was fun to hang with in Bora Bora too.

But I'm still going to see Van Hagar in two weeks, because I love their tone, particularly when I've had some "Uncle Jack"

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by guwapo_rocker
    Hey, we're triying to get Dave to play at a DLR ARMY bash,
    With your connections maybe you could help hmmmmm?
    Are we still working on that? I haven't seen anything on it as of late. It was BT's thing after all. With all the people here claiming connections, I think it would be worth it to have someone (maybe someone FEMALE) speak with Dave personally. We could then host a DRL Convention. I spoke with a few hotels in Vegas about what it would cost to rent out space for the concert-and there is no rental as long as the space correlates to number of rooms reserved. 100 rooms= convention space to house 200 people or something along that line. All we need is to get a reasonable price from Dave instead of the $100,000.00 last quoted.
    "Remember, life is just a game and no one gets out alive"

guwapo_rocker
    Hey, listen, I'm just sick of being called names by people who should respect their elders.

I'm sure you're a nice guy guwapo, but I was called a 50 year old fuck by someone here and you NEVER KNOW who you are dealing with. As WE ALL KNOW Mr. Roth will be 50 this Oct.10th. He was fun to hang with in Bora Bora too.

But I'm still going to see Van Hagar in two weeks, because I love their tone, particularly when I've had some "Uncle Jack"
    I don't see your age listed. How did the guy know your 50?

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I want to see Classic Van Halen. Van Hagar is no comparison to Van Halen. Make no mistake about where I stand on that issue. Spam means nothing to me... but honestly at $4.08 I would go see them. This may be the last chance you get to see Ed alive, let alone playing anything.

Thread Information