X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bob_R
    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

32 years ago today

The United States Olympic hockey team stuns the Soviet Union with a 4-3 victory in the medal round of the Winter Olympics in Lake Placid, NY.

Most people, still to this day, think they were watching it live when in reality the game was played in the late afternoon and was already over by the time it was aired on television.

Last edited by Bob_R; 02-22-2012, 04:32 PM. Reason: Added tidbit
    Talk Classic Rock - The Official Message Board For Classic Rock -- Now on XenForo!
  • Va Beach VH Fan
    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    • Dec 2003

And, most people still think that was the Gold Medal game, when in fact it was the Semi-Finals.... They had to beat Finland two days later for the Gold.....
    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Bob_R
      Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Yep.

And, they were losing to Finland after the first period in that Gold Medal game. Between periods Herb Brooks told them "If you lose this fucking game you'll take it to your graves."
      Talk Classic Rock - The Official Message Board For Classic Rock -- Now on XenForo!

Comment

• Matt White
        • Jun 2004

Put AMERICAN HOCKEY on the map..............

hate seeing PROS of any sport in the Olympics...................................

Comment

• Dave's PA Rental
          Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

So awesome. I have this game on DVD somewhere...I think i'll try and find it and watch it tonight...this game made me love sports.
          Maybe this is what a heroine addict feels like after getting a long awaited fix, shooting up in the corner of some abandoned building and just not giving a fuck about what the rest of the world thinks...TATTOO"

Comment

• High Life Man
            Commando
            • Jan 2004

If you haven't seen "Do You Believe In Miracles?", go and buy it.

Gives me goosebumps every damn time.

Comment

• chi-town324
              Crazy Ass Mofo
              • Feb 2007

i remember right where i was when it happened....great memory

Comment

Working...