Dave is still the KING LIVE!! ARMY die hards please read.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tonyb5150
    Roth Army Recruit
    • Feb 2004

Dave is still the KING LIVE!! ARMY die hards please read.

I posted this at the links so that all of the gay van halen fans can stop whining and being gay about DAVE. Do they even get DLR?

Guys you all need to relax. I have seen VH/Roth over 25 times in my life. I saw all the concerts this week other than Detroit. To sum up from a guy who lives and breathes this band its like this.

2007- Saw VH three times. Eddie was off slightly. Dave sang great but was uptight and not in the DLR groove. Least active I have ever seen Dave.

2008- Saw VH twice. Eddie was on fire but stood still. Dave was getting his groove back and singing great. DLR much more mobile with kicks..etc.

2012- Louisville-Better than any of the 07-08 shows. Everyone was solid but not on fire.

INDY- Greatest concert by any band I have ever seen in my life. Eddie was running and jumping and playing as great as he ever has. Dave was as mobile as he was on the SKYSCRAPER tour. He had a move for everything. DLR was the best I have ever seen him in my life. I have never seen Dave sing so well and move so well. EVER. Check out the kicks at the start of EWS and doctor.He was on fire and KILLED!!! VH firing on all cylinders!

Chicago- Band was off a step. Dave was frustrated all night but put on a tight show. If I have never seen VH it would have been great. It was close to a early 2007 show if I had one to compare.

THE MORALE? RELAX!! VH IS KILLING IT FELLAS! DAVE OR VH HASNT HAD THIS MUCH ENERGY LIVE SINCE AROUND 1988!!!!
  • ELVIS
    Banned
    • Dec 2003

Originally posted by tonyb5150
    I posted this at the links so that all of the gay van halen fans can stop whining and being gay about DAVE.
    Are you sure you meant to leave that part in ??
    Last edited by ELVIS; 02-26-2012, 08:48 PM.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
      ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
      • Dec 2003

What is it with this rash of newbies who want to come on here and lecture to us ??
      Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• tonyb5150
        Roth Army Recruit
        • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
        What is it with this rash of newbies who want to come on here and lecture to us ??

Im not lecturing to you guys! This site is great and have been reading since the get go! Just wanted to preach it to some of the linkers and perhaps put some of the ARMY faithful at ease!! ROTH ON!

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
          ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
          • Dec 2003

Uh huh
          Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• DLR Bridge
            ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

That makes sense. How have you only made 3 posts in 8 years though? I don't doubt your commitment. Just seems a bit unusual.

Comment

• atomicpnk47
              Head Fluffer
              • Feb 2007

The nerve of these newbies

Comment

• BumBahDeeDah
                Head Fluffer
                • Mar 2004

What were the problems I keep reading about that pissed Dave off in Chicago? Was it problems with the headset?

Comment

• FALCO
                  Groupie
                  • Jun 2004

Originally posted by tonyb5150
                  I posted this at the links so that all of the gay van halen fans can stop whining and being gay about DAVE. Do they even get DLR?

Guys you all need to relax. I have seen VH/Roth over 25 times in my life. I saw all the concerts this week other than Detroit. To sum up from a guy who lives and breathes this band its like this.

2007- Saw VH three times. Eddie was off slightly. Dave sang great but was uptight and not in the DLR groove. Least active I have ever seen Dave.

2008- Saw VH twice. Eddie was on fire but stood still. Dave was getting his groove back and singing great. DLR much more mobile with kicks..etc.

2012- Louisville-Better than any of the 07-08 shows. Everyone was solid but not on fire.

INDY- Greatest concert by any band I have ever seen in my life. Eddie was running and jumping and playing as great as he ever has. Dave was as mobile as he was on the SKYSCRAPER tour. He had a move for everything. DLR was the best I have ever seen him in my life. I have never seen Dave sing so well and move so well. EVER. Check out the kicks at the start of EWS and doctor.He was on fire and KILLED!!! VH firing on all cylinders!

Chicago- Band was off a step. Dave was frustrated all night but put on a tight show. If I have never seen VH it would have been great. It was close to a early 2007 show if I had one to compare.

THE MORALE? RELAX!! VH IS KILLING IT FELLAS! DAVE OR VH HASNT HAD THIS MUCH ENERGY LIVE SINCE AROUND 1988!!!!
                  Being Gay??? So let me get this straight...

Because I, a Van Halen fan since 1980, feels that David Lee Roth (the ONLY frontman for Van Halen and who I am a diehard ROTHTARD for) is not singing well (which on quite a few songs he is NOT... he is out of key, and jumping into octaves that never existed) I am gay???

It's a discussion forum to discuss opinions... I am a "DIE HARD" but I am not a 'sheep' and can be objective about what I am hearing and seeing and I for one feel there is a problem with DLR and I have felt that since Day 1...

He has NO WHERE near the power or control he had in 07/08 at this point in the Tour (compare versions of DTNA) and he is straining considerably ... for no apparent reason since the songs were NOT recorded in the ranges he is trying to sing in...

Are there songs he sounds good on? Yes ... There are moments when he sounds strong ... so again, the confusion as to why he is changing keys and melodies when it is NOT NECESSARY...

He may be having serious vocal issues and unfortunately he will have to work through them... OR... he just really cannot hear and the monitor system is horrible...

Now, are The 3 Twins absolutely destroying... yes... which is what makes this DLR wierdness so frustrating...

If everything you are hearing is great... I'm glad for you... and for the million "it's not the 80's anymore" comments...

I just would like it to be 07/08 again... because DLR had the voice and the attitude (which is the true DLR, so I 'get him')

Personally, I don't feel he has shown much of either so far, because I do not get the 'Jazz Hands Broadway' DLR I am seeing as compared to the 'Cocky Ass Lead Singer' I saw on the 07/08 Tour...

... but Preach On...

\m/ \m/
                  Last edited by FALCO; 02-27-2012, 02:53 AM.
                  NEW Wicked Maraya coming in 2015!!!
                  'Lifetime In Hell' (unreleased 1991) and 2 NEW songs!!!
                  "A little more volume in the headphones please..."

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                    Roth Army Icon
                    First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• Yount
                      Commando
                      • Jan 2012

Natra I love that avatar. It's from the slawterhouse days right?

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • May 2004

Dave has always been a song and dance man. What's the fuckin mystery?

He has good nights and better nights. The goofier he behaves the better. Dave is the consummate entertainer!

Roth on. Or fuck off, I say!
                        Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Yount
                          Natra I love that avatar. It's from the slawterhouse days right?
                          it's from the "strange and twisted tales"...I signed up under a different name back in the slawterhouse days...
                          Roth Army Icon
                          First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • May 2004

Watching the Indianapolis show on the bigscreen. Wolf is kickin major ass on Mikes vocals parts....
                            Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• FALCO
                              Groupie
                              • Jun 2004

Dance The Night Away - Indianapolis... http://youtu.be/Kv2BilV5MPQ

Maybe I'm the one going tone deaf... but that is NOT this:

Dance The Night Away - MSG '07 ... http://youtu.be/pha88fOTFGs

DLR sounds like a cat stuck in a fan belt now ...

To each their own I guess...
                              Last edited by FALCO; 02-27-2012, 03:48 AM.
                              NEW Wicked Maraya coming in 2015!!!
                              'Lifetime In Hell' (unreleased 1991) and 2 NEW songs!!!
                              "A little more volume in the headphones please..."

Comment

Working...