Dave is still the KING LIVE!! ARMY die hards please read.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fryingdutchman
    Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by Carmine
    "atlantakat", in my "Thank You, Wolfgang" Thread?

Still the dudes one and ONLY post!
    That might have been the one, but the name doesn't ring a bell...

I'll have to go check it out. I was looking through my posts to see if I could find where I posted back at him, but I couldn't find it.
    Originally posted by perilouspete
    fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Comment

• ashstralia
      ROTH ARMY ELITE
      • Feb 2004

yes that's the one guys... it is a great post.

Comment

• fryingdutchman
        Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by FALCO
        Of course I'm vain... I'm a singer damnit!!! lol...

I guess I'm just fired up over the fact that, to me, David Lee Roth is IT... and I really thought in 07/08 he was the rock and just really kicked ass... and now it seems he is the weakest link and it bothers me...
        If he is having vocal issues, then I would think he would not try to sing so high and sound like he is straining...

As much as I hate critiquing him, I hate it more when other slag him (if that makes sense)... and watching that DTNA clip from Indy just hurt my ears and doesn't make sense to me (as a singer)...

Anyway, this is what makes this place what it is... and definitely was not my intent to disrespect the 'regulars'!!!

Plus we all have our united hate for "the replacement singer" so we all have that going for us!!!

\m/ \m/
        All good, 'bro. Glad you and I could have a rational discussion.

It wasn't that many years ago that I would have gone apeshit and started flaming the shit out of you...so I like to think I've matured as a member here a little bit.

I agree totally with what you're saying. But I think that time and distance have colored our recollections of the '07/'08 tour. I think Dave had some miscues back then too, and it always happened when he tried to strain for that upper register. And his yelps and screams sounded like he was doing them on an "inhale" rather than an "exhale"...if you know what I mean.

Funny when you listen to ADKOT, Dave sounds like he has his "classic" raspy howl back on some of his screams. I actually found myself wondering if Shanks or Hogarth went to one of the DLR soundboards on the internet and grabbed some clips from the 70's and 80's and mixed them in. But that's probably the byproduct of an overactive imagination.

Glad to have you here, man. Stay with it and keep posting.
        Last edited by fryingdutchman; 02-27-2012, 08:59 AM.
        fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Comment

• fryingdutchman
          Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by Carmine
          "atlantakat", in my "Thank You, Wolfgang" Thread?

Still the dudes one and ONLY post!
          Yup...that was it and here it is.

Originally posted by atlantakat
          Agree 110% on this!

Wolfie gets huge credit for giving Ed a reason to pull back from the edge, getting Dave back in the band, doing the 07-08 tour clean and sober, Ed getting his chops back, the band going back to its roots and making new music and touring -- again with Ed clean and sober and on the top of his game.

No way the Edward that walked off the stage in Tucson at the last Sam show in 04 does any of the above.

And what about Wolfie's chops??? A key reason so many of the up-tempo boogies on ADKOT sounds like EEAS-era Roth is because Wolfie is channeling some Sheehan madness and tearing off crazy unison riffs with Ed. No way MA could pull that stuff off.

I read with interest the quote from the producer dude that Mike is a great guy but Wolf is responsible for making all of this possible.

That a father's love for his son saved this band is to me the most special and poignant angle on all of this serendipity.

Thanks Wolfgang.
          Funny thing is that the guy (or girl) is online right now!!! Gotta get the 'Kat to stop lurking and start posting!!

Comment

• FALCO
            Groupie
            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by fryingdutchman
            All good, 'bro. Glad you and I could have a rational discussion.

It wasn't that many years ago that I would have gone apeshit and started flaming the shit out of you...so I like to think I've matured as a member here a little bit.

I agree totally with what you're saying. But I think that time and distance have colored our recollections of the '07/'08 tour. I think Dave had some miscues back then too, and it always happened when he tried to strain for that upper register. And his yelps and screams sounded like he was doing them on an "inhale" rather than an "exhale"...if you know what I mean.

Funny when you listen to ADKOT, Dave sounds like he has his "classic" raspy howl back on some of his screams. I actually found myself wondering if Shanks or Hogarth went to one of the DLR soundboards on the internet and grabbed some clips from the 70's and 80's and mixed them in. But that's probably the byproduct of an overactive imagination.

Glad to have you hear, man. Stay with it and keep posting.
            Yes, and I thank you for that... in another thread ELVIS just made up immature, yet well crafted, vulgar acronyms of my name, lolol...

The band name in my signature is a link to my music... feel free to dig on it or not!!!

\m/ \m/
            NEW Wicked Maraya coming in 2015!!!
            'Lifetime In Hell' (unreleased 1991) and 2 NEW songs!!!
            "A little more volume in the headphones please..."

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by jero
              What name did you use back then?
              zinoman
              Roth Army Icon
              First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Jan 2004

Yes, and I thank you for that... in another thread ELVIS just made up immature, yet well crafted, vulgar acronyms of my name, lolol...

The band name in my signature is a link to my music... feel free to dig on it or not!!!

\m/ \m/
                ELVIS???? who could that happen...

relax dude...we're a family here...hopelessly dysfunctional but a family at least...at each other's throats every five minutes, no matter who...no matter what...and that Jero from the Gaytherlands is the biggest fag of all...
                Roth Army Icon
                First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                  ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Of course I'm vain... I'm a singer damnit!!
                  Wait a minute. Did you do Rock Me Amadeus?? I keed!

Comment

• ZahZoo
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                    What is it with this rash of newbies who want to come on here and lecture to us ??
                    My thoughts exactly... nothin wrong with new folks at all.

What I find most absurd is anyone these days thinking that making a pilgrimage to VHLinks to educate their member base is some sort of merit badge for bravery and for the greater good of mankind. What bullshit. Those days are long past... The two sites share far more in common with today's VH than ever before.
                    "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• twonabomber
                      formerly F A T
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

anyone who puts "please read" in the thread title should be banned. it wasn't really that great of a post, just another fucking opinion piece that didn't deserve its own thread.
                      Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

What I find most absurd is anyone these days thinking that making a pilgrimage to VHLinks to educate their member base is some sort of merit badge for bravery and for the greater good of mankind. What bullshit. Those days are long past... The two sites share far more in common with today's VH than ever before.
                        We're older and wiser but a bit past our best?

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                          ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                          • Dec 2003

Originally posted by ZahZoo
                          My thoughts exactly... nothin wrong with new folks at all.

Agreed, those feuds were twelve fucking years ago....

The newbie is more than welcome, just busting his balls.....
                          Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Von Halen
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Besides, it's much more fun to piss, moan and fight with our own right here!

Comment

• fryingdutchman
                              Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

The newbie is more than welcome, just busting his balls.....
                              A good ball-busting never hurt anybody.

(Unless you actually kicked them in the balls...)

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                                ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                                • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Von Halen
                                Besides, it's much more fun to piss, moan and fight with our own right here!
                                There's that too...
                                Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

Working...