X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sarge
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Feb 2003

I am diggin this new Fender Jaguar

I am digging the Block inlays. My only concern is how can I play hard Rock with this bad boy?

Fender 50Th Anniversary Jaguar Electric Guitar Burgundy Mist Metallic Rosewood Fingerboard
    ROTHARMY.COM WEBMASTER AND FOUNDER
    The Diamond David Lee Roth Army

MY GROUPS ON ROTHARMY.COM
    [Fender Custom Shop Owners Club]
  • Sarge
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Feb 2003

I don't mind Jazz/Jag trems. i like them better than Strat trems..

Comment

• ELVIS
      Banned
      • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Sarge
      No way dude...

Comment

• Sarge
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Feb 2003

Originally posted by ELVIS
        No way dude...
        Here is my Crook

The Trem with the Mastery Bridge works flawless...
        I do like Strat Trems.. but if you have the Jazz setup properly it will work really nice!

Comment

• ashstralia
          ROTH ARMY ELITE
          • Feb 2004

i nearly bought a jagstang 12 or so years ago... still kicking myself.

Comment

• ELVIS
            Banned
            • Dec 2003

That blue paisley finish is really really really awesome...

Comment

• Nitro Express
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Sarge
              Good for surf music.
              No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Matt White
                • Jun 2004

I'm thinking aboot getting a Jazzmaster type guitar........

I dig the new FENDER hybrid Jags & Jazzmasters....but I have a problem paying that kind of scratch for guitars that were "Student models" when they were originally made...

Or those SONIC YOUTH sig models....Thurston Moore & Cobain bought 'em because you could get Jags & Mustangs & Jazz Masteers dirt cheap back in the day....Moores sig model runs sumthin like $1400! Silly!

I'm looking at knockoff cheap-0 alternatives........

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
                  ROTH ARMY ELITE
                  • Jan 2004

Funny how we have differences of opinion on everything under the sun but one thing for sure is we all love Fender equipment!

Comment

• ZahZoo
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Speaking of student models... I have a 1964 Fender Duo Sonic I'm preparing to refinish/restore. I'll post some pics soon as I get going with the project...

It's an early 64 model before they introduced the Duo Sonic II which was a non-tremolo spin-off of the Mustang. Mine's a true student model 3/4 size with a 22.5" neck scale. The guy I bought it from in 79 had stripped the original Olympic White finish off and varathained it natural. He also installed this ugly fat brass tune-o-matic bridge system on it and didn't get the scale length correct. I figured out an odd set-up to get the intonation close and gigged with it for about 5 years.

Found an original 64 Duo Sonic bridge on e-bay last week and thought I had it made for about $20... last 2 hours some jackasses bid it up over $75 so I had to bail on that. Probably just go buy a new replacement bridge for the current Squire Vibe series Duo Sonics...
                    "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• ELVIS
                      Banned
                      • Dec 2003

Put a fuckin' Kahler and some nice after market pups on that bad boy and make it something worth playing...

It'll never be worth much not being original paint anyway...

Comment

• Matt White
                        • Jun 2004

Comment

• Nitro Express
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Aug 2004

[QUOTE=Matt White;1622349]I'm thinking aboot getting a Jazzmaster type guitar........

I dig the new FENDER hybrid Jags & Jazzmasters....but I have a problem paying that kind of scratch for guitars that were "Student models" when they were originally made...

Or those SONIC YOUTH sig models....Thurston Moore & Cobain bought 'em because you could get Jags & Mustangs & Jazz Masteers dirt cheap back in the day....Moores sig model runs

sumthin like $1400! Silly! [QUOTE]/

Yup. In the 70's and 80's they were totally dated guitars nobody wanted. I mean come on, they were the guitars the guy on Lawrence Welk played. They went out with Brylcreem and big ugly black birth control glasses. Unless you looked like Elvis Costello, those guitars were about as relevant as a 59 Impalla or Edsel.

Last edited by Nitro Express; 02-27-2012, 06:26 PM.

Comment

• Matt White
                            • Jun 2004

Yup. In the 70's and 80's they were totally dated guitars nobody wanted. I mean come on, they were the guitars the guy on Lawrence Welk played. They went out with Brylcreem and big ugly black birth control glasses. Unless you looked like Elvis Costello, those guitars were about as relevant as a 59 Impalla or Edsel.
                            I read that you could get a Jaguar or Mustang for $100.....which might be a bit of an stretch.....but still, they're gouging people on the fact the "famous" people played 'em in the Grunge/Alternative era......

Comment

• Nitro Express
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

Nobody wanted those guitars in the early 80's. Nobody wanted the old early 60's Fender amps either then. Everyone wanted Les Pauls and Marshalls. You could have a brown tolex or blonde tolex early 60's amp and a Jazzmaster for under $500 in a pawn shop score easy.

Comment

Working...