X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ELVIS
    Banned
    • Dec 2003

Well, I got the ultimate idea...

I'm gonna keep my own Van Halen mix CD in my pocket for the rest of my travels...

And when I'm on that island I'm gonna force the natives to build me a CD player while the native women feed me fish and coconut milk...

Comment

• SNIPER
      Crazy Ass Mofo
      • Jun 2004

First VH Song I ever heard was So This I Love. Many summers a ago when I used to record video's off MTV on my VHS. This was before 1984 came out and I was starting to get into harder rock stuff. I loved it from the start. But a few months later this incredible video Jump hit the air waves and I was blown away. I must have watched it 50 times a day. (I still have my vhs tape with it) I begged my parents for 7 bucks to buy me the album and I got it at Fedco. ...A few months later I got my mom to buy me the other 5 as she was also digging them. Fair Warning was so different than the rest of them to me but would become my favorite. I recently have been playing 1984 a lot. But, out of the 7. 1984 is my least favorite. I still love 1984 more than any other band.
      Last edited by SNIPER; 02-27-2012, 02:46 PM.

Comment

• SNIPER
        Crazy Ass Mofo
        • Jun 2004

I used to cut out fake guitars out of cardboard and paint them up like Eddies. Even put a whammy bar on them attached with a wing nut. HAHA!! I would have my own concerts every night in my bed room and I was Eddie. haha. Those were the days!!

Comment

• private parts
          Sniper
          • Jan 2007

Originally posted by binnie
          It's 'Fair Warning'.

1984 would come near the bottom of my 6-pack - I don't think it's aged as well.....

DD would be bottom of mine, but I would have to choose Fair Warning over 84. FW has this dark "we wear leather all day" vibe that takes me back to a time of smoking joints and driving around in my buddy's Trans Am. 1984 , although still awesome and perhaps VH's peak, had kind of a
          do I dare say, commercial 80's vibe. Diver Down was the begining of this and Fair Warning was the tail end of that darker late 70's early 80's vibe. I'm really just talking vibe and feel here. Not the songs themselves because I would put some of 84 as the best VH ever.
          sigpic" You ever notice when I scream I sound like Mr. Bill on acid" DLR

Comment

• conmee
            ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
            • Mar 2003

Brethren and Sistren,

I probably have listened to FW a hell of a lot more than 1984 as an adult. But DD and 1984 are the soundtracks to my teen years when Hustler Scratch-n-Sniff centerfolds introduced me to laboratory-engineered vaginal aromas. So from an emotional and aromatic perspective, I have too many positive associations with 1984. It's my favorite because it brings me back to some fond memories. But FW is the album that gets you through the day when work sucks, the ex leaves you and takes half your shit, and you realize that you never achieved any of your dreams (not me, of course, I'm rollin' baby!)....

That is all.

Icon™©®
            An Icon©®™Incorporated/GODDAM BUCK-KNIFE JACKBOOT MOTHERFUCK©®™ Production.
            hitchWORLD1969.com© and Old Boy Club© Co-Founder, Investor, and Spiritual Leader 1996-2024©™®

E.U.A.S. - "The Feng Shui in the House That Roth Built!"

R.I.P. - Douglas Hitchens, Jr. aka Hitch1969 aka Supermodel Doug et al... 1-23-2017

"It is possible to OverGap©®™" - Sesh©®™, 5-8-2013

"A reacharound doesn't need to be gay." - Sesh©®™, 1-18-2012

"If we are going to have ex mods posting cocks can they at least be a manageable size." - Sesh©®™, 8-24-2011

"For the love of jive, have a waborita and chill out." - Hitchman©®™, 5-18-2004

Comment

• vandeleur
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Sep 2009

1984 was my first van album so has a place in my heart , but FW has a place in my stereo
              fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• Jagermeister
                Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

Originally posted by Glitter Tot
                Fair Warning:
                Awesome tracks: Mean Street, Dirty Movies, Sinners Swing and Hear About It Later, Unchained
                Sub-par or filler: So this Is Love?
                Low point: Sunday Afternoon In The Park, One Foot Out The Door
                You have to be fucking joking!

Comment

• KSTONER
                  Roth Army Recruit
                  • Jul 2011

Oh JEEEEZUZ. It's like asking me which ball I prefer. I need both of em' in order to impregnate women and later abort em'.....Shit.....I'm gonna go with.....daaahhhh....1984 because of House of Pain. I can't get enough of that... That fucking outro!

Comment

• SNIPER
                    Crazy Ass Mofo
                    • Jun 2004

Originally posted by KSTONER
                    Oh JEEEEZUZ. It's like asking me which ball I prefer. I need both of em' in order to impregnate women and later abort em'.....Shit.....I'm gonna go with.....daaahhhh....1984 because of House of Pain. I can't get enough of that... That fucking outro!
                    You can make a baby with one ball. Didn't you see Meet The Fockers?

Comment

• sadaist
                      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                      • Jul 2004

Originally posted by vandeleur
                      1984 was my first van album so has a place in my heart , but FW has a place in my stereo

LOL!

That's funny.
                      “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• sadaist
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Jul 2004

Originally posted by SNIPER
                        You can make a baby with one ball.

Why would you want a baby with 1 ball?

This is so much better.

“Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• SNIPER
                          Crazy Ass Mofo
                          • Jun 2004

Bwahahahaha!!!!!

Comment

• EdVanZep
                            Groupie
                            • Jun 2005

Fair Warning is perfect from start to finish , could have done without I`ll Wait on 1984 but it`s damn near perfect

Comment

• Nitro Express
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

Fair Warning has the best memories. The week I bought that album was the year we had a foreign exchange student living with us. Luckily she was pretty cute. I was in my room listening to my new Fair Warning album when there was a knock at the door and when I said come in there she was in this little nighty and a nervous sexy smile. Hint Hint. One thing led to another and when we got down to busy Push Comes to Shove was playing. I never got laid to 1984 so I will have to go with Fair Warning.
                              No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Fairwrning
                                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                                • Jan 2004

I do remember mowing my aunts yard that day,,getting the 10 bucks and going straight to the record store to get FW..seems like yesterday honestly

Comment

Working...