Ronnie Montrose Dead at 64

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Catfish View Post
    I can. Fuck him. He's in the dirt now, which is where he and anyone ever aligned with that fat terrible son of a whore Hagar BELONGS.

Rot in hell, Ronnie!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Catfish View Post
      I can. Fuck him. He's in the dirt now, which is where he and anyone ever aligned with that fat terrible son of a whore Hagar BELONGS.

Rot in hell, Ronnie!!!!
      Rot in hell Ronnie ? Really ? What an asshole !! Besides didn't he already do that on the first 2 Montrose albums he did with Hagar ?

Comment

Dude shot himself in the head... let's all hope Sam will follow suit.

According to Guitar Player, a report by the San Mateo County Coroner's Office, released on April 6, confirms legendary guitarist Ronnie Montrose died from a self-inflicted gunshot wound. The toxicology report also showed his blood-alcohol level at 0.31% when he died — almost four times the legal limit in California. No evidence of other drugs was found in his system.

The Montrose family posted the following statement on RonnieMontrose.com:

"By now, the devastating truth of Ronnie's death is public knowledge. We hope you can understand why we wanted to keep this news a private family matter for as long as possible. We can only hope that you will choose to celebrate Ronnie's life, and what his music meant to you, rather than mourn his passing. Ronnie would have wanted it that way. He loved being a guitarist, a composer, a producer, and a creator of magic. He fully understood his gifts, and yet he constantly pushed himself to evolve, improve, and make better music. He did this for himself, and he did this for you, because he adored and appreciated his fans. Please keep his energy, his joy, and his love in your hearts."

Although Montrose did not leave a suicide note, his wife/manager Leighsa Montrose feels he was probably always planning for an exit.

"Ronnie had a very difficult childhood, which caused him to have extremely deep and damaging feelings of inadequacy," Leighsa tells Guitar Player. "This is why he always drove himself so hard. He never thought he was good enough. He always feared he'd be exposed as a fraud. So he was exacting in his self criticism, and the expectations he put upon himself were tremendous. Now I see that perhaps he didn't want to carry these burdens for very much longer'

She adds, "I knew I had married an alcoholic, but Ronnie was never anything but loving. He could be curmudgeonly and cranky, but he was never angry or abusive to me in any way. He definitely had a reputation for his bad temper and controlling personality when he was younger, but he'd always say that I got the best version of himself, and we were nearly inseparable. We ate every meal together. I went to every show he played."

Comment

Holy fuck!

Didn't see that one coming.......

I guess Ronnie really didn't want to do a reunion with Spammy after all and took the logical way out
          Originally posted by vandeleur
          E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

Originally posted by kwame k View Post
            Holy fuck!

I guess Ronnie really didn't want to do a reunion with Spammy after all and took the logical way out
            Talk about a trifecta from hell: Terminal cancer, alcoholism and having to put up with Sammy Hagar has to rate pretty high on life's Suck-O-Meter. Eddie Van Halen, Ronnie Montrose...I wonder how Neal Schon managed to survive without taking one to the forehead or drinking himself silly?

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
            ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

Originally posted by chefcraig View Post
              Talk about a trifecta from hell: Terminal cancer, alcoholism and having to put up with Sammy Hagar has to rate pretty high on life's Suck-O-Meter. Eddie Van Halen, Ronnie Montrose...I wonder how Neal Schon managed to survive without taking one to the forehead or drinking himself silly?
              Neal Schon ??? And what about...Keith Richards hahaha

Comment

No way they wanted Spammy Hagar in the band around '77!!!

There was at that time 1 'shark' who wanted to steal the guitar player for his own band..................his name.....:

Gene Simmons......................!!

Can you imigane..............Eddie with a 'space' mask.............

This never happened because 1 guy was very alert.................his name..............:

Diamond Dave.......................!! And right now we say.....................: Diamonds are Forever.................

yeah............A Different Kind of Truth......................!!

Comment

Some old fat "rocker" died?

Comment

From Bantonelli

Originally posted by Kristy
                    Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
                    Originally posted by cadaverdog
                    I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

Thanks Lounge. The article disappeared, but the story was the same as Mr. Walker's - just a shocker that it was self-inflicted.
                      "Meet us in the Future.....NOT the Pasture".......DLR, August '07, VH Press Conference - Tour '07-'08

Comment

Originally posted by kwame k View Post
                        Holy fuck!

Too soon dude

Comment

This is the one I saw:

Told ya I was comin' back... Say you missed me... Say it like ya mean it!

Comment

Originally posted by atomicpnk47 View Post
                            Too soon dude
                            Originally posted by vandeleur
                            E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

Originally posted by Kristy View Post
                              Some old fat "rocker" died?
                              No, catfish is still around...
                              "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

No one in the world could ever blame Ronnie Montrose for killing himself. All those years with Hagar. Totally understandable and honorable.

Comment

Working...
                                X