• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr Walker
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Jagermeister
    What is that.?
    A media server is the bridge between your computer & your device (PS3). If you do a google search on PlayStation Media Server or TVersity, you can download them onto your computer. I found TVersity to be the easiest to get up and running, but added PS Media Server because I had some .mkv files that TVersity couldn't stream.

Comment

• Mr Walker
      Crazy Ass Mofo
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Dave's PA Rental
      I have two WD 1TB drives. Each has the same files. I only hood them up when I want to clear my laptop every few months. Hopefully they won't BOTH crap out at the same time. Gigs and gigs of baby pictures/videos. When one goes, i'll get another one. What are they, $60 now?
      I think when I said 'tend to' it was a poor choice of words... I didn't mean to imply that most hard drives will fail. Like I said, I've had a couple WD drives that have been stable for years.

Comment

• Jagermeister
        Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

Originally posted by Mr Walker
        A media server is the bridge between your computer & your device (PS3). If you do a google search on PlayStation Media Server or TVersity, you can download them onto your computer. I found TVersity to be the easiest to get up and running, but added PS Media Server because I had some .mkv files that TVersity couldn't stream.
        I'll look into it. Thanks.

My son is going to be pissed if I am streaming Van Halen to his tv and PS3 all the time.

Comment

• Mr Walker
          Crazy Ass Mofo
          • Jan 2004

The only 'con' to streaming DVD files (.VOB files) is that there is a slight pause when it goes from one .VOB file to the next to the next... not as seamless as when you burn them and watch them from a DVD. You could convert the DVD files into 'one' video file, but I've never found one that worked to my liking... i find that the conversion takes a real long time and if you don't know what you are doing (which I don't) the quality can be effected.
          Last edited by Mr Walker; 03-06-2012, 11:17 AM.

Comment

• Jagermeister
            Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

The only 'con' to streaming DVD files (.VOB files) is that there is a slight pause when it goes from one .VOB file to the next to the next... not as seamless as when you burn them and watch them from a DVD. You could convert the DVD files into 'one' video file, but I've never found one that worked to my liking... i find that the conversion takes a real long time and if you don't know what you are doing (which I don't) the quality can be effected.
            Shit that's why I just drag the files into Nero and hit burn. It does sound interesting to me though. I'm going to try it. Thanks.

Comment

• Jagermeister
              Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

I'm on he Indy DVD at JTT. My share ratio is going to be in the shitter because I got on late. Might need some help with that. Maybe someone can jump back on the Cafe Wha? DVD so I can seed it up.

Comment

• twonabomber
                formerly F A T
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

i've been using DVD Fab 8 to create one big movie file. works pretty good, similar to the old DVD Decrypter.

i did try to rip a Blu-Ray disc to the hard drive, but i don't like the way the resulting file looks. the blacks are more of a gray. i plan on getting a Blu-Ray burner soon, i will have to burn the whole folder to disc and see if it looks like the original.
                Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Jagermeister
                  Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

Originally posted by twonabomber
                  i've been using DVD Fab 8 to create one big movie file. works pretty good, similar to the old DVD Decrypter.

i did try to rip a Blu-Ray disc to the hard drive, but i don't like the way the resulting file looks. the blacks are more of a gray. i plan on getting a Blu-Ray burner soon, i will have to burn the whole folder to disc and see if it looks like the original.
                  How much are Blue Ray burners? Can they burn anything?

Comment

• twonabomber
                    formerly F A T
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

they're about $100 and up.

i have an LG that reads Blu-Ray and burns everything else. probably will trade up to another LG that will burn Blu-Ray, DVD, and CD. local Micro Center has been out of stock, i'm waiting for more to come in.
                    Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• jhale667
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004

How much are Blue Ray burners? Can they burn anything?

Currently pricing them for my PC rebuild...they're around $100-200 bucks for an internal drive.
                      Originally posted by conmee
                      If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                      Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                      I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                      Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                      Originally posted by eddie78
                      I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• Jagermeister
                        Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

Originally posted by twonabomber
                        they're about $100 and up.

i have an LG that reads Blu-Ray and burns everything else. probably will trade up to another LG that will burn Blu-Ray, DVD, and CD. local Micro Center has been out of stock, i'm waiting for more to come in.
                        Originally posted by jhale667
                        Currently pricing them for my PC rebuild...they're around $100-200 bucks for an internal drive.
                        I guess that's not too bad. I just wonder how many Blue Ray's I would burn if I had one. Probably not many.

Comment

• Jagermeister
                          Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

Lou's recording is up at JTT.

Comment

• twonabomber
                            formerly F A T
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

I guess that's not too bad. I just wonder how many Blue Ray's I would burn if I had one. Probably not many.
                            i probably won't, either. but i will burn a couple just to see if i can figure out the authoring part and do something more than just plain menus.

Comment

• Mr Walker
                              Crazy Ass Mofo
                              • Jan 2004

I'm pretty realistic about the sound on live recordings, but I'm listening to one of the Philly recordings (nickyc neumannkm150 24b96k) and it sounds really good... Dave comes through loud and clear.
                              Nowhere near a soundboard, but very good IMO.

Comment

• Mr Walker
                                Crazy Ass Mofo
                                • Jan 2004

I was hoping I would be able to add updates to the second post, but I don't think it will be possible... as of today, here's the audio I have (i think it's everything that's been shared between dime & JTT)...

021812 - KFC Yum! Center - Louisville, KY - ironchef
                                021812 - KFC Yum! Center - Louisville, KY - arcme262
                                021812 - KFC Yum! Center - Louisville, KY - arcme262+ironchef matrix
                                021812 - KFC Yum! Center - Louisville, KY - ironchef
                                022012 - The Palace - Auburn Hills, MI - VH Drummer
                                022012 - The Palace - Auburn Hills, MI - arcme262
                                022212 - Bankers Life Fieldhouse - Indianapolis, IN - ironchef
                                022412 - United Center - Chicago, IL - ironchef
                                022812 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY - Drgiggles1 24b96k
                                022812 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY - Drgiggles1
                                030112 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY - weedwacker 24b96k
                                030112 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY - weedwacker
                                030312 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Uncasville, CT - Ringfedder
                                030512 - Wells Fargo Center - Philadelphia, PA - nickyc neumannkm150
                                030512 - Wells Fargo Center - Philadelphia, PA - nickyc neumannkm150 24b96k
                                030512 - Wells Fargo Center - Philadelphia, PA - Lou
                                030512 - Wells Fargo Center - Philadelphia, PA - nickyc schoepsmk4 24b96k
                                030512 - Wells Fargo Center - Philadelphia, PA - nickyc schoepsmk4

Comment

Working...