X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ELVIS
    Banned
    • Dec 2003

Originally posted by sadaist
    Yes, but sometimes having a face of the franchise is the best for the organization.
    Only to fill seats...

Comment

• Fairwrning
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Von Halen
      Don't forget to thank Forest Lucas...
      Thanks dude..well spent cash..Dont forget to hang that 18 jersey above the 50 yard line,

Comment

• Fairwrning
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jan 2004

If Peyton plays in Indy again, they will have to allow 15 minutes for the ovation he will get.

Comment

• sadaist
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Jul 2004

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
          Even if that person is susceptible to injury? Peyton is a liability unto himself and whomever picks him up.

I don't know. Just wish they could have kept him as QB assist coach or something else to stay with the franchise. I know, wishful thinking. I hope Peyton has a couple good years somewhere and doesn't kill himself. He seems like a good dude.

Anyone remember who was picked #2 behind him? Ryan Leaf by my SD Chargers. Man, what a fuck that turned out to be. Peyton was clearly the better choice lol.
          “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• sadaist
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Fairwrning
            If Peyton plays in Indy again, they will have to allow 15 minutes for the ovation he will get.

Ken Caminiti came back for some ceremony at a San Diego Padres game....a few years after he left the team. The ENTIRE stadium stood up & cheered him and the foundation shook for 10 minutes. it was quite epic and the guy was clearly moved & touched by the love the city held for him despite leaving. Sadly the love wasn't enough to stop his path of self destruction. Rest in peace Ken. I sure loved watching him smash that ball and tear up 3rd base. Guy was incredible!
            “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Mr Walker
              Crazy Ass Mofo
              • Jan 2004

I really hope he goes to Denver... I'd love to see John Fox get another shot at the title.

Comment

• Fairwrning
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Jan 2004

Working out for Titans today..I imagine that means sight seeing and home tours..and a ton of ass kissing..

Comment

• Mr Walker
                  Crazy Ass Mofo
                  • Jan 2004

I hope Smith signs with Miami and Manning burns the Niners... fuck them for not locking up the QB who bought them to an NFC Championship game.

Comment

• chefcraig
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Apr 2004

Miami seems to be concentrating on Flynn, but there are so many imbeciles involved in our management and front office that we'll probably blow this as well and end up taking a QB in the draft or some bum from free agency. The game plan thus far? Hire a guy who doesn't call his own plays to coach (and had Aaron Rogers throwing for him), then select a QB that played in all of two games for him to lead your team to the Super Bowl without bothering to fix a leaky, can't run/pass-block offensive line or finding anybody to catch the ball. Yeah, that oughta work about as effectively as buying lottery tickets to finance your retirement plan.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                    ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Fairwrning
                      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                      • Jan 2004

Agree..not sure what SF is thinking..Smith had a great year and is young..you want 2 or 3 years from Manning instead?

Comment

• Fairwrning
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Jan 2004

Flynn is interesting..is he really that good?

Comment

• chefcraig
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Fairwrning
                          Flynn is interesting..is he really that good?
                          Is Batman a transvestite? Who knows? Two games are hardly what you'd call a career highlight package. It's preposterous how teams put all of their eggs in one basket these days, just because a guy did good in college or played a game or two well in relief. The list of college QBs and back-ups that went on to greatness in the NFL is a pretty short one, compared to the busts and never-amount-to-much stiffs over the years.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                          ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Mr Walker
                            Crazy Ass Mofo
                            • Jan 2004

It's easy (not really the best choice of words) for a decent QB to play well in relief... especially when the DEF game plans all week for the starter. It usually takes 2-3 weeks as a starter before enough game tape emerges to start planning against a QB, so only time will tell.

Flynn also has Seattle as an option, so Miami having Smith come in for a visit is a very wise move.

Funny how McNabb is not getting any press this off season... that lazy, cancerous SOB is done.

Comment

• sadaist
                              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                              • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Mr Walker

Funny how McNabb is not getting any press this off season... that lazy, cancerous SOB is done.

I fucking hope so. I haven't eaten Chunky Soup because of him for years. I miss Chunky Soup.

Comment

• High Life Man
                                Commando
                                • Jan 2004

Flynn goes to the 'hawks.

Comment

Working...