X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ashstralia
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    • Feb 2004

Originally posted by envy_me
    But what are you gonna do with him when you catch him?
    Kiss him on the tummy?

Comment

• katina
      Commando
      • Mar 2012

What a nice photo of the stray dog, I wish animal control never catch him

The opossum shouldn´t be living at the city, it´s very dangerous for him, but also is a difficult animal to catch, you really was very close to him.

Comment

• FORD
        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

The opossum is probably safer hanging on the fence like that than he would be trying to cross the road. Those damn critters seem to have horrible luck when it comes to that. The only way they keep themselves from extinction is by breeding early and often. (they start fucking when they're 13 weeks old!)
        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• WARF
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by FORD
          (they start fucking when they're 13 weeks old!)
          I want to be reincarnated as an opossum!

Comment

• katina
            Commando
            • Mar 2012

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by sadaist
              I agree. I'm building some rapport with him. maybe enough to catch him in a few weeks? We'll see. Good looking pooch for sure.
              very cool lookin' dog
              Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• sadaist
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Jul 2004

Originally posted by katina
                What a nice photo of the stray dog, I wish animal control never catch him

The opossum shouldn´t be living at the city, it´s very dangerous for him, but also is a difficult animal to catch, you really was very close to him.

Animal control tried one morning and I yelled & got into argument with the lady dog catcher with the net. I said not to catch him cause all they do is kill him. And she said it's better than living out here. I replied at least he has a chance out here.....a small chance, but a small chance is better than no chance.

As for the possum, I took a short video clip. Ill try to upload it to youtube for you guys. He didn't seem too afraid of me once i began talking. Animals can sense the tone in your voice & body language to tell if you are threatening or not. I am not.
                “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• sadaist
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Jul 2004

The biggest problem with the stray dog is too many people feeding him. McDs employees & others every day. He has it made and is never very hungry. Until he starts going without food a while, he will be hard to coax close enough to be caught.
                  “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Little Texan
                    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

And also found this opossum that climbed a fence & chickened out once at the top LOL. I walked right up to him & talked to him a while. Asked what he was doing up there & what his plans for getting down were. He wasn't sure haha. I woulda helped him down....but those little dudes got some serious teeth and I didn't have a thick towel or something to use to grab him & pull him down.

George Jones must have fell off the wagon and hitting the booze pretty hard again if he's hanging from fences.

Comment

• Satan
                      ROTH ARMY ELITE
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Little Texan
                      George Jones must have fell off the wagon and hitting the booze pretty hard again if he's hanging from fences.
                      Maybe Keith Richards was a bad influence on him?

Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Originally posted by Sockfucker
                      I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.

Comment

• katina
                        Commando
                        • Mar 2012

As for the possum, I took a short video clip. Ill try to upload it to youtube for you guys. He didn't seem too afraid of me once i began talking. Animals can sense the tone in your voice & body language to tell if you are threatening or not. I am not.
                        You are right about the tone of voice and body language, hahaha... I have never seen an opossum before, until this year during holidays. I woke up very early, it was still dark, I made myself a coffee and sat at the balcony waiting for the sun to rise, a very nice an relaxing moment.......suddenly, just in front of me and above my head, I saw a big animal with a long tail walking on the wall.....After many and some complicated rescues where sometimes I risked my own safety.....I yelled like a baby "A GIANT RAT, A GIANT RAT"!!!! I jumped indoor throwing the chair, and turned my head just to watch the terrified animal jumping from the first floor balcony,.... it was more frightened than myself, he landed safely on the sand. I scared the shit out of him with all my yelling and screams !!!
                        I was a little embarrased with my reaction but later I asked the neighbours about the animal, they said it was an opossum, and in summertime when unaware people leave the door and window open because of the heat, their screams can be heard from a couple of blocks away !!

Comment

• sadaist
                          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                          • Jul 2004

They do look like a giant rat. A great thing that many people don't know is Opossums are marsupials like a kangaroo. They raise their young in a belly pouch. Pretty amazing. they are always dead on the roads here because they are very slow. I saw some youtube videos where people had them as pets. I'd love to do that if I had the space & proper area to keep one in.

cute

Life amazes me. I get amazed watching a spider in it's web or an opossum climb a fence. Amazing things are all around us if we pay attention.

And when an animal allows us to tame or domesticate them.....that is a fucking incredible gift!

Comment

• katina
                            Commando
                            • Mar 2012

That opossum is very cute, here we have a different kind of opossum, a male could reach 70cm. plus the tail, and and are transmisors of some diseases, they live in the wild.

Comment

• sadaist
                              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                              • Jul 2004

Okay guys, these 2 have made many appearances in this thread already. but I just love posting their pics whenever I get a chance. I miss them every minute of every day. Evander & Daphne (Mandercakes & Momma Doo)

*They had a rough day of eating & sleeping. Time for a nap.

Comment

• katina
                                Commando
                                • Mar 2012

Happy Thanksgiving Roth Army !!!

Comment

Working...