• Oct 2009

Summer, Emily's mama
            Attached Files

Oh dear.

Comment

• MUSICMANN
              Sniper
              • Apr 2004

My Sweetpea. Found her when she was just 2 weeks old at one of my Car wash's. She was just a small ball of fur shaking in a corner of one of the bay's. She has been the best pet i have ever owned.

[IMG]C:\Documents and Settings\Joe D\My Documents\My Pictures\ipics[/IMG]

Comment

• Little Texan
                Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                Just got off the phone with my friend who has lost two dogs in the last week or so. I used to house sit for them a lot, so while they weren't technically "my" dogs, they might as well have been. Knew one of them since he was a puppy. Same friends have also lost two cats in the last year or two, so it's been a rough time.
                See, that's one of the reasons I don't own any dogs or cats...you get attached to them, and when one of them dies it is devastating, almost like a blood relative dying. Considering that dogs and cats only have a fraction of the lifespan of humans, you're setting yourself up for a lot of pain and grieving every 10 years or so, and that's if they live a full life and don't get run over or die of a disease before then. I'd rather spare myself the emotional pain.

Comment

• sadaist
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Little Texan
                  See, that's one of the reasons I don't own any dogs or cats...you get attached to them, and when one of them dies it is devastating, almost like a blood relative dying. Considering that dogs and cats only have a fraction of the lifespan of humans, you're setting yourself up for a lot of pain and grieving every 10 years or so, and that's if they live a full life and don't get run over or die of a disease before then. I'd rather spare myself the emotional pain.

Very true. Plus I worry if even I will make it 10 years and worry about leaving a beloved pet/friend to the unknown without me to make sure they are protected properly.

But damn....the love you get for the years they are with you.......hard to match that. If the love wasn't so great, neither would be the grief & mourning at the end.
                  “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• sadaist
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Jul 2004

Originally posted by MUSICMANN
                    My Sweetpea. Found her when she was just 2 weeks old at one of my Car wash's. She was just a small ball of fur shaking in a corner of one of the bay's. She has been the best pet i have ever owned.

[IMG]C:\Documents and Settings\Joe D\My Documents\My Pictures\ipics[/IMG]
                    Sounds like fate that she was waiting for you to come get her. Man, 2 weeks is crazy young to be taken from momma. Hard to care for them yourself that next month or so. Takes a lot of your time & dedication. Glad to hear she is returning that love back to you.

Pic didn't upload I always have isues trying to upload directly, so I just use Photobucket. It's 100% free and pretty simple to use.

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!
                    Last edited by sadaist; 05-06-2012, 04:16 AM.
                    “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• ELVIS
                      Banned
                      • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Little Texan
                      Coping with pets dying is the best way to prepare yourself for people dying...

It sucks, but it happens...

All things must pass and nobody gets out of here alive...

Comment

• sadaist
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Jul 2004

I HAS A STRAIGHT!

I'll see your 0.25 cents and raise you 2 huge black fuzzy testicles.

He did win that had with a straight to the Jack.

Comment

• Light Em' Up!
                          Veteran
                          • Mar 2012

The best boy in the world...Sniper and my Yellow Belly...
                          Told ya I was comin' back... Say you missed me... Say it like ya mean it!

Comment

• sadaist
                            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                            • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Light Em' Up!
                            The best boy in the world...Sniper and my Yellow Belly...

Have you ever noticed the grey or orange cats like that have a giant M mark on their forehead? You will now

Comment

• Light Em' Up!
                              Veteran
                              • Mar 2012

Originally posted by sadaist
                              Have you ever noticed the grey or orange cats like that have a giant M mark on their forehead? You will now
                              I had heard about that on some cat show on t.v. I don't remember what it means though...
                              Told ya I was comin' back... Say you missed me... Say it like ya mean it!

Comment

• fifth element
                                Commando
                                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by sadaist
                                Sounds like fate that she was waiting for you to come get her. Man, 2 weeks is crazy young to be taken from momma. Hard to care for them yourself that next month or so. Takes a lot of your time & dedication. Glad to hear she is returning that love back to you.

Pic didn't upload I always have isues trying to upload directly, so I just use Photobucket. It's 100% free and pretty simple to use.

http://photobucket.com/
                                Photobucket rocks!

Thanks, everyone for shaaring all the pics and stories of your pets!
                                “Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.” ~~Maria Robinson

Comment

Working...