X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DLR Bridge
    ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by sadaist
    One nice thing about my boxers & other big dogs....I could go in to 7-11 without locking the truck. LOL. No one would try to get in with them in there.
    Funny you should mention that. I go to a 7-11 and I lock him in 'cause I'm affraid some A-hole will try to steal him and make him fight. He's friendly and trusting. If he were approached with a smile, he'd smile right back. "Sure I'll come with you. Just so long as I'm back by dinner time. Where are we going?" Yeah, can't let one of my worst nightmares happen.

Comment

• sadaist
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jul 2004

Katina...I was so interested in the weird bird you posted that I had to look it up. See if this is the same. I think it might be called a Guira Cuckoo.

"The Guira is a cuckoo related to anis. It is one of the most common birds of Brazil, absent only from the continuous forest of Amazonia. It has a hirsute orangey crest and measures 40 cm. "

"found widely in open and semi-open habitats of eastern and southern Brazil, Uruguay, Paraguay, Bolivia, and north-eastern Argentina."

“Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• katina
        Commando
        • Mar 2012

Wow. what a cool looking bird. I honestly don't know the name or what type. Look kind of like a cross between a hawk & a parrot. Never seen anything like it.
        Finally I found it!!! It´s name in spanish is Guira-guira, commonly "pirincha". In English is Guira Cuckoo. You can find it in www.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/guira_cuckoo
        It is from Southern Brazil, Northeast of Argentina, Bolivia, Uruguay and Paraguay. It´s a "sudaca" bird!! Beware with this word.....!!
        Sudaca, in spite of its etymology (sudamericano, "South American"), is a derogative term used in Spain for all Latin Americans, South American or Central American in origin.

Comment

• katina
          Commando
          • Mar 2012

Thank you Sadaist!!!!

Comment

• sadaist
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Jul 2004

If you asked me....that bird looks like a trouble maker.

lol
            “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• sadaist
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jul 2004

Another one of my Daffney. I was on the computer & turned around to see this! Lil bitch on my side of the bed. Only cause she knew she was way too cute for me to make her move. lol

Comment

• katina
                Commando
                • Mar 2012

Another one of my Daffney. I was on the computer & turned around to see this! Lil bitch on my side of the bed. Only cause she knew she was way too cute for me to make her move. lol

Your Daffney is so lovely... also Evander. I cannot let the cats sleep on the bed, unless I want to sleep on the floor...but if a cat or dog needs special care they could stay at the bedroom or bed.
                Yesterday I posted a photo of my two dogs, one of them was badly injured, he couln´t stand up, he laid alongside my bed, howling in pain until he could go to surgery. Luckily he recovered very well.
                The other hairy dog passed away last year, but she lived a long life, she was a very good dog.

Comment

• sadaist
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Jul 2004

Originally posted by katina
                  The other hairy dog passed away last year, but she lived a long life, she was a very good dog.
                  I'm very sorry.

I do not stay friends with the type of people that say things like "it was just a cat. or it was just a dog" when telling you to get on with your life. These are people that have never known the true unconditional love you can only get from an animal. I feel sad for them.

I had a kitty too that I will post of him next.

Comment

• sadaist
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Jul 2004

Here is my cat. He passed about 2 years ago. he was 17. had him a very long time. Coolest cat ever. H loved Pringles potato chips. Weird. His name was Mochie but we just called him "Da Mo" for short. He got along fine with the boxers. They would chase kitties. But not Da Mo.

Makes the bed kinda tight quarters when I'm trying to squeeze in there with them all. Definitely stayed warm though.

In this pic he was freshly shaved. Otherwise I would have posted him in the muff thread.

Comment

• Kristy
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004

My Border

Comment

• sadaist
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Kristy
                        My Border

Aww. Awesome facial markings! I have always loved their fuzzy type ears. Man those dogs are so alert & smart too. Can't leave 'em in the car cause they'd figure out how to drive it down to Weinershnitzel with your credit card.

Comment

• sadaist
                          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                          • Jul 2004

Weird Kristy. I woulda guessed you had a pair of these on chains with you for your walks.

THERE IS NO KRISTY!.....ONLY ZULE!!!

Comment

• SunisinuS
                            Crazy Ass Mofo
                            • May 2010

Here is my cat. He passed about 2 years ago. he was 17. had him a very long time. Coolest cat ever. H loved Pringles potato chips. Weird. His name was Mochie but we just called him "Da Mo" for short. He got along fine with the boxers. They would chase kitties. But not Da Mo.

Makes the bed kinda tight quarters when I'm trying to squeeze in there with them all. Definitely stayed warm though.

In this pic he was freshly shaved. Otherwise I would have posted him in the muff thread.
                            RIP Mochie.
                            Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

• Kristy
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

Thanks. He's one of those "tri-color" Borders. I keep thinking he has a little bit of fox in him. He used to work with elderly people as part of their recovery from surgeries and the like but I had to retire him, he's getting too old.

Comment

• SunisinuS
                                Crazy Ass Mofo
                                • May 2010

I had to leave a cat i raised from a kitten once. My brother died suddenly and all around went to pieces. Her name was Catalina.

Hurt like hell like everything at that time.
                                Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

Working...