Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sensible Shoes
    Full Member Status

• Oct 2009

Nothing worse than the pain of losing a pet - for me anyway. It's as bad as losing an immediate family member cause that's what they are. Hope that things get better for all of you soon.

Oh dear.

Comment

• sadaist
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jul 2004

Originally posted by private parts
      I may post some more pics later although re-posting the last one brought a tear to my eye.

Yeah. Even now I get those. Especially when I watch the couple videos I took of them. It sucks.

But isn't amazing how much you can love a dog? Pretty damn cool we have the gift & ability to have them domesticated with us.
      “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• private parts
        Sniper
        • Jan 2007

Originally posted by sadaist
        Yeah. Even now I get those. Especially when I watch the couple videos I took of them. It sucks.

But isn't amazing how much you can love a dog? Pretty damn cool we have the gift & ability to have them domesticated with us.
        Thank you all for your posts. Some how this seems to help in the grieving process. I always thought it was amazing that here is an animal who evolved from a wolf and is sleeping with us in our bed, misses us when we leave the house not knowing if
        we are ever coming back, is so happy to see us when we come home like we've been gone for a year even though its been 30 minutes, and lets us become their pack leader unconditionally. Truly an incredible relationship.
        sigpic" You ever notice when I scream I sound like Mr. Bill on acid" DLR

Comment

• Jagermeister
          Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

Thank you all for your posts. Some how this seems to help in the grieving process. I always thought it was amazing that here is an animal who evolved from a wolf and is sleeping with us in our bed, misses us when we leave the house not knowing if
          we are ever coming back, is so happy to see us when we come home like we've been gone for a year even though its been 30 minutes, and lets us become their pack leader unconditionally. Truly an incredible relationship.
          Thought about you last night.

Untill recently I had never had to put a dog down. So when I did I obviously had no idea what to expect. Anyway they gave me this pamplet of stuff I could put her ashes in. Has her name on it and sits above the TV. I miss that dog. I don't think that ever goes away. One day this summer I am going to take the ashes to the lake where she and I use to fish all the time and spread them out in the water.

Comment

• katina
            Commando
            • Mar 2012

You are right, that´s incredible.
            I rescued a seriously injured dog some years ago and now he is living happily in a dog shelter with lot of dog friends. Even thou I seldom can visit him, each time he sees me, he recognizes me, he jumps and barks, and offers me his paw!!! He doesn´t forget, he is so greatful!!! LOVELY.

Comment

• private parts
              Sniper
              • Jan 2007

Originally posted by Jagermeister
              Thought about you last night.

Untill recently I had never had to put a dog down. So when I did I obviously had no idea what to expect. Anyway they gave me this pamplet of stuff I could put her ashes in. Has her name on it and sits above the TV. I miss that dog. I don't think that ever goes away. One day this summer I am going to take the ashes to the lake where she and I use to fish all the time and spread them out in the water.
              That would be a very meaningful closure.

Comment

• sadaist
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Jul 2004

I remember once growing up I had a mutt dog. She was black & brown. Kinda rottweiler colors & look. We also had a couple cats that were outside. One had kittens & bailed them. We came home from school one day & right next to the front door my girl dog was nursing all the kittens. We all freaked. So very cool that motherly instincts kicked in.

Later we had a part wolf dog & the cat had kittens again. But he ate most of them. Difference between boys & girls I guess.
                “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Jagermeister
                  Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

Goddamn. Look at the size of this guy!

Weighing in at over 245 pounds and standing 43 inches tall, George is the Guinness World Record holder for the Tallest Living Dog and Tallest Dog Ever. The Great Dane, now 6 years old, is almost 100 pounds bigger than other dogs of his breed, twice as tall as an average Golden Retriever and about the same weight as four German Shepherds, 11 Beagles or 26 Shih Tzus.

Comment

• private parts
                    Sniper
                    • Jan 2007

Originally posted by Jagermeister
                    Goddamn. Look at the size of this guy!

http://news.yahoo.com/photos/giant-g...334258495.html
                    NO WAY!!! That dog might be able to take this one down!

Comment

• Jagermeister
                      Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

NO WAY!!! That dog might be able to take this one down!
                      lol. WTF?

Comment

• Jagermeister
                        Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

My neighbors have 2 great danes. They are really cool dogs.

Comment

• private parts
                          Sniper
                          • Jan 2007

They are gentle giants. Google "muscle dog"

Comment

• gbranton
                            Veteran
                            • Aug 2005

Why I don't have any bugs in my house:

I walked in the kitchen to get some lunch just now and noticed my cat Rhett in the floor with his paws clasped over a Prize, with another cat looking on. He looked up at me and then back down and raised his paw to show me his Prize, then quickly covering it back up. What was under his paws? A single ant.

You can pretty much set your watch by him, about 1:30 AM he hunts down and brings me some kind of prey he has "killed", like a green mouse with pink ears, a black and white mouse with a feather for a tail or a blue jay that looks suspiciously like a Beanie Baby, all with GREEEEAAAT fanfare.
                            Attached Files
                            "Don't want 'em to get you goat, don't show 'em where it's hid." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• katina
                              Commando
                              • Mar 2012

It seems that Rhett is a Great Hunter!! He is so cute. !!

Comment

• Seshmeister
                                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Comment

Working...