Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hardrock69
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Feb 2005

Just attach it to your post. When posting, scroll down a bit to where it says manage attachments. It will allow you to upload a photo directly to this message board. That way it stays here.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
      ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
      • Dec 2003

Originally posted by FORD
      Does he actually have two different colored eyes, or is that just the lighting?

Pugs can be sneaky little bastards though... My uncle's had 2 or 3 of them at any given time over the last 2 decades or so, and he was sitting down to a barbecued steak dinner one night. Pug starts barking his head off and looking in the general direction of the front door, so my uncle gets up to see who's at the door, and the minute he leaves, dog jumps up on his chair, grabs the steak in his mouth and runs like Hell!
      LOL, just the lighting....
      Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• sadaist
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Headly1984
        lesse if I added the attachment - this is my Shep/Sam mix - has a Samoyed friendly demeanor

Kick ass pup! Looks happy.
        “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• sadaist
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Jul 2004

Damn katina....last time I saw that much pussy was.......hell, I've NEVER seen that much pussy!

you have a lot of cats
          “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Headly1984
            Head Fluffer
            • Jul 2011

Originally posted by sadaist
            Kick ass pup! Looks happy.
            thx - he should look happy - he was off leash hiking that day - (I have a ruffware pack for him-if you hike I recommend ruffware packs fwiw) he is very well behaved off leash, when people approach he sets down and lets them pass after one 'hey' unless they engage him, then it is like they are long lost family and he gets all happy and plays with people =)

I don't agree with everything Cesar Milan says about dogs, but exercise - discipline/training and praise are 3 keys to happy man/dog contractual obligations for me too , lol!

Comment

• vh rides again
              Commando
              • Dec 2006

I've gotten back into raising a fresh water fish called a discus.

They are the king of the aquarium, named discus because of their shape.

They are the only fish that have fry that must feed on their slime coat the first couple weeks after hatching.

There are dozens of color varieties and you can cross strains to get a certain looking fish .

They require daily water changes of at LEAST 50 % for good health.

With good care they can reach 6-7 inches in circumference .

Some of these puppies can cost more than a pure bred dog of any breed.

I've kept them on and off for about 15 years .

I have hundreds of pics and vids if anyone is interested just ask.

If you look close in this first set of pictures you can see the fry on the adults backs feeding.

These are called red turquoise discus.

Here are some of the fry from that pair at about 5 months old.

This is another pair of adults I have , they are called stendker leopards and when I got them, they were only the second pair of leopards in the united states.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Roth And Roll

Comment

• Nitro Express
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

Nice fish. I used to have a 100 gallon reef tank. I would like to eventually set up another one but just don't have the time right now to mess with it. I had the aquarium before we had kids.
                No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Headly1984
                  Head Fluffer
                  • Jul 2011

nice fish ! =)

holy cow fish are nice to look at but whoa - if a dog is a lot of work fish are a whole lot of work imho

my buddy has a very big fish tank - the trouble of keeping the fish alive in a separate ? while ya clean the tank sounds challenging at best - and some of this fish are spendy things no?

Comment

• vh rides again
                    Commando
                    • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                    Nice fish. I used to have a 100 gallon reef tank. I would like to eventually set up another one but just don't have the time right now to mess with it. I had the aquarium before we had kids.
                    I've had a few reef tanks, I'll try and dig up a few pics.
                    Believe it or not I sold a reef tank I had back in 2001-2 and the creator of married with children bought it from me. He sent a Ryder truck and two guys to get it. I had it for sale for less than a hour on a reef site called reef central and it sold.
                    That tank had what were considered endangered corals in it that I fragged and sent to a world organization that propagated them somewhere in the carribean and relocated them on a undisclosed reef somewhere .

I had that tank for about 10 years.

Reef tanks are extremely beautiful if done right and like you said can be time consuming.

Roth And Roll

Comment

• vh rides again
                      Commando
                      • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Headly1984
                      nice fish ! =)

holy cow fish are nice to look at but whoa - if a dog is a lot of work fish are a whole lot of work imho

my buddy has a very big fish tank - the trouble of keeping the fish alive in a separate ? while ya clean the tank sounds challenging at best - and some of this fish are spendy things no?
                      They are pretty easy to take care of, I enjoy changing water every morning while drinking a couple cups of coffee.
                      Yep some of these fish can cost an arm and a leg, I've seen people buy fish for a grand a piece and buy a dozen at a time.

New strains bring top dollar, especially if they breed true, and are by a top breeder.

I have heard of fish going for 5 grand a pop.

Too rich for my blood

Roth And Roll

Comment

• katina
                        Commando
                        • Mar 2012

[QUOTE=sadaist;1630685]Damn katina....last time I saw that much pussy was.......hell, I've NEVER seen that much pussy!

Pussy, pussy, pussy....surely Diamond Dave would have something to say about that much pussy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And yes, I have a lot of cats, 13 now, as you can see in the photo. All they have in common is that they needed help to keep alive, I rescued them, and try to find a new home, and if I cannot find one, they stay with me. They have their own room at the apartment. They give me a lot of work and love. Cats and dogs have a terrible life and death at the streets here, and the government does nothing for them.

Comment

• vh rides again
                          Commando
                          • Dec 2006

VIDEOS

Comment

• gbranton
                            Veteran
                            • Aug 2005

Originally posted by sadaist
                            Damn katina....last time I saw that much pussy was.......hell, I've NEVER seen that much pussy!

you have a lot of cats
                            Nah. THIS woman has a lot of cats.

"Don't want 'em to get you goat, don't show 'em where it's hid." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• sadaist
                              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                              • Jul 2004

My buddy had a huge saltwater tank and needed a bunch of either snails or crabs to keep it clean. Anyways, he bought a handful of very exotic hermit crabs. One morning water skiing in Mission Bay (San Diego) I grabbed a handful of our local sludge water ghetto hermit crabs. Delivered them to him & we dropped them into the tank.

Within 3 days they had muscled the exotic crabs out of there awesome shells & moved in. The exotics had to take the crummy ghetto shells. LOLOLOLOL!!!

My friend never let me give him crabs again.

Comment

• sadaist
                                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                                • Jul 2004

This is awesome! I didn't even think of people posting their fishes here when I made this thread. Was just thinking cats & dogs.

Comment

Working...