Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nitro Express
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

Very cool. We have a bald eagle around here that perches in our yard occasionally.
    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Cato
      Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Cherry - the bullet cat

Don't notice most of my posts are less than 2 lines...

Fender Custom Shop Owners Club

Gibson Custom Shop Owners Club

Cato's YouTube Channel

Comment

• katina
        Commando
        • Mar 2012

Originally posted by Nitro Express
        Very cool. We have a bald eagle around here that perches in our yard occasionally.
        In Buenos Aires there is a "protected area" for animals in the Río de la Plata Coast. Sometimes they fly to the nearby buildings, months ago a white owl was perched, in front of my kitchen window, I couln´t find my camera, but I had my binoculars, the white owl stood there for half and hour, it was amazing and very rare. But another time I was lucky and could take a picture of what we call a "pirincha" , a sort of magpie or "urraca in spanish" . Could somebody tell me the name in english please?? Thank you.

Comment

• katina
          Commando
          • Mar 2012

Originally posted by katina
          In Buenos Aires there is a "protected area" for animals in the Río de la Plata Coast. Sometimes they fly to the nearby buildings, months ago a white owl was perched, in front of my kitchen window, I couln´t find my camera, but I had my binoculars, the white owl stood there for half and hour, it was amazing and very rare. But another time I was lucky and could take a picture of what we call a "pirincha" , a sort of magpie or "urraca in spanish" . Could somebody tell me the name in english please?? Thank you.

Comment

• katina
            Commando
            • Mar 2012

Comment

• katina
              Commando
              • Mar 2012

Originally posted by Hardrock69
              Cannot say enough how much I love my dog, and dogs in general. I have many dog friends. In fact, in my neighborhood out in the stix I have 8 dog friends spread over 3 of my neighbors homes, lol.

Cannot say what kind of owl that is....they have a unique sound, sorta like a cross between the hoot of a great-horned owl, and the cooing of a turtle dove.

I cannot go more than a few months without hearing them. Sometimes I have heard them having a meeting....where there would be 3 or 4 of them hooting and cackling in a tree for hours at a time.

I have seen one at dusk once....I actually attracted the thing. It was hooting nearby, and I have learned to do a pretty close imitation of one....so I hooted at it, next thing I knew here comes this big brown owl with a round head flying right by house and landing in a tree about 30 feet away. I stepped off my porch and hooted at it again....and it looked at me...saw I was not an owl, and flew away, lol.
              Hi, I love dogs so much also.
              I will show you a photo of my dogs , the first from the left it´s a male I found some years ago, lying in the street hit by a car, or more. He was in shock, hypothermia, multiple fractures, both femurs, pelvis, bladder rupture, hemoperitoneum. He needed intensive care, he was so badly injured, he could only have surgery more three terrible weeks later, a steel prothesis in the bone to stabilize the fractures, etc.
              Now he is a very happy dog.
              To his right is a very old hairy dog, I also found her hit by a car more than 15 years ago!!
              At that moment she was like 5 years old, so she lived a lot, she passed away quitely last November.
              The dog on the far right is a "guest", they live in private refugee with more dogs (almost 40). They are so happy when we visit them. They are so love giving.

Comment

• katina
                Commando
                • Mar 2012

Cannot say enough how much I love my dog, and dogs in general. I have many dog friends. In fact, in my neighborhood out in the stix I have 8 dog friends spread over 3 of my neighbors homes, lol.

Cannot say what kind of owl that is....they have a unique sound, sorta like a cross between the hoot of a great-horned owl, and the cooing of a turtle dove.

I cannot go more than a few months without hearing them. Sometimes I have heard them having a meeting....where there would be 3 or 4 of them hooting and cackling in a tree for hours at a time.

I have seen one at dusk once....I actually attracted the thing. It was hooting nearby, and I have learned to do a pretty close imitation of one....so I hooted at it, next thing I knew here comes this big brown owl with a round head flying right by house and landing in a tree about 30 feet away. I stepped off my porch and hooted at it again....and it looked at me...saw I was not an owl, and flew away, lol.
                Hi, I love dogs so much also.
                I will show you a photo of my dogs , the first from the left it´s a male I found some years ago, lying in the street hit by a car, or more. He was in shock, hypothermia, multiple fractures, both femurs, pelvis, bladder rupture, hemoperitoneum. He needed intensive care, he was so badly injured, he could only have surgery more three terrible weeks later, a steel prothesis in the bone to stabilize the fractures, etc.
                Now he is a very happy dog.
                To his right is a very old hairy dog, I also found her hit by a car more than 15 years ago!!
                At that moment she was like 5 years old, so she lived a lot, she passed away quitely last November.
                The dog on the far right is a "guest", they live in private refugee with more dogs (almost 40). They are so happy when we visit them. They are so love giving.

Comment

• sadaist
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Cato
                  Cherry - the bullet cat

“Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• sadaist
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Jul 2004

But another time I was lucky and could take a picture of what we call a "pirincha" , a sort of magpie or "urraca in spanish" . Could somebody tell me the name in english please?? Thank you.
                    Wow. what a cool looking bird. I honestly don't know the name or what type. Look kind of like a cross between a hawk & a parrot. Never seen anything like it.
                    “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                      ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Pre-Juliana - fall 2010 003.jpgPre-Juliana - fall 2010 022.jpgHere's a couple of shots of Nico Zander. He's a lounger. Friendliest Pit you'll ever meet. I'm on the hunt for some better pics. Very disorganized with the photos these days.

Not sure why the pics came out like this. No idea what the hell I'm doing actually.
                      Last edited by DLR Bridge; 03-18-2012, 10:23 PM.

Comment

• sadaist
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Jul 2004

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
                        [ATTACH]8591[/ATTACH] Friendliest Pit you'll ever meet. .

Those eyes. Not sure if he is gonna eat me or roll over to have his belly rubbed. I used to clean swimming pools & met many strange dogs. Always had a pocketful of dog cookies to make quick friends. One big dog I was scared of I actually bought a pig leg bone every week for him.

I'd buy Nico a pig leg bone.

Funny though. The only dogs I have been bitten by in my entire life have been tiny little yippy dogs. Poodles especially. It's all in how you raise them. Problm for pits is the type of person who buys them gets them to fit an image. They are not proper pet owners, they simply want a tough guy accessory. I always stick up for pit bulls in comments sections when there is a story of an attack. If every dog bite in your city each day made the news, that's all it would be....dog bites. But they don't report when a shepard, lab, retriever, poodle, etc...bite someone. Very unfair.

Comment

• sadaist
                          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                          • Jul 2004

Cannot say what kind of owl that is....they have a unique sound.... Sometimes I have heard them having a meeting....where there would be 3 or 4 of them.
                          Meeting? Or plotting? LOL

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                            ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by sadaist
                            Those eyes. Not sure if he is gonna eat me or roll over to have his belly rubbed. I used to clean swimming pools & met many strange dogs. Always had a pocketful of dog cookies to make quick friends. One big dog I was scared of I actually bought a pig leg bone every week for him.

I'd buy Nico a pig leg bone.

Funny though. The only dogs I have been bitten by in my entire life have been tiny little yippy dogs. Poodles especially. It's all in how you raise them. Problm for pits is the type of person who buys them gets them to fit an image. They are not proper pet owners, they simply want a tough guy accessory. I always stick up for pit bulls in comments sections when there is a story of an attack. If every dog bite in your city each day made the news, that's all it would be....dog bites. But they don't report when a shepard, lab, retriever, poodle, etc...bite someone. Very unfair.
                            I've been an unofficial pro-pit activist for 10 years now. It is all in how you raise them. He passed obedience school with flying colors as a puppy and he's been an amazing older brother to his 2 younger human sisters ever since. In all of my life, I have not known a more intelligent dog. Most people only know of the bad stories. I've got nothing but good things to say about my dog. I only wish I had more time to play with him.

Comment

• sadaist
                              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                              • Jul 2004

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
                              I only wish I had more time to play with him.
                              There's never enough time. I spent nearly 18 hours a day with mine for the last couple years and I still want more time.

Comment

• sadaist
                                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                                • Jul 2004

One nice thing about my boxers & other big dogs....I could go in to 7-11 without locking the truck. LOL. No one would try to get in with them in there.

Comment

Working...