Comment

• Mr Walker
      Crazy Ass Mofo
      • Jan 2004

Classy move by new Bucs Head Coach...

Bucs announce signing of paralyzed former Rutgers player Eric LeGrand
      Josh Alper
      updated 9:49 am. EDT May. 2, 2012

A statement released by the Buccaneers on Wednesday about the signing of an undrafted rookie began the same way most of them do.

There were stats and notes about the young man’s playing career, but Eric LeGrand isn’t your usual undrafted free agent so things took a different turn at the end of the first paragraph. While playing for Rutgers in 2010, the defensive tackle suffered a serious spinal cord injury in a game against Army and was paralyzed as a result.

LeGrand’s story is well known and he has made stunning progress since his injury. He began breathing on his own faster than expected, he’s been able to stand with assistance and he led the Scarlet Knights onto the field for a game last season. He’ll never play a down for the Buccaneers, of course, but Greg Schiano, who coached LeGrand at Rutgers, explained the reason for the move.

“Leading up to the draft, I couldn’t help but think that this should’ve been Eric’s draft class,” said Schiano in the statement from the team. “This small gesture is the least we could do to recognize his character, spirit, and perseverance. The way Eric lives his life epitomizes what we are looking for in Buccaneer Men.”

It might be a small gesture, but sometimes those are the ones that wind up meaning the most.

Comment

• chi-town324
        Crazy Ass Mofo
        • Feb 2007

i see the Bears signed Alshon already...they may actually be able to throw the ball a little this yr

Comment

• chefcraig
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Apr 2004

For one reason or another, NE's Wes Welker has been spotted hanging around my area for the past week or so, with his new wife. She's a Hooters waitress/model named Anna Burns. Nail it? Absolutely. Marry her? You must be joking.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
          ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• gbranton
            Veteran
            • Aug 2005

Originally posted by chefcraig
            Miami decided to go with some kid named Ryan Tannehill with their #1 pick for QB. Whatever.
            Yes, the Dolphins have done poorly in the draft, almost as bad as my Bears but even a blind hog finds the occasional acorn and for the Fins I think this is it, I like this kid and I think he is legit. I'd certainly take him in Chicago to back up Cutler.
            "Don't want 'em to get you goat, don't show 'em where it's hid." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• chefcraig
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Apr 2004

Originally posted by gbranton
              Yes, the Dolphins have done poorly in the draft, almost as bad as my Bears but even a blind hog finds the occasional acorn and for the Fins I think this is it, I like this kid and I think he is legit. I'd certainly take him in Chicago to back up Cutler.
              I hear ya, but word out of camp (it's right down the street from me) is the brain trust is thinking of going with David Garrard. That would make sense, as he's a veteran player and could adapt to the new playbook fairly quickly.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
              ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• gbranton
                Veteran
                • Aug 2005

David Garrard
                Ugh.
                "Don't want 'em to get you goat, don't show 'em where it's hid." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• chefcraig
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Apr 2004

Ugh.
                  My gut reaction as well. Being optimistic about the Dolphins is about close I wish to come to masochism. Only thing equal to it was enduring a David Lee Roth-free Van Halen all those years, awaiting the man's return.

― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• gbranton
                    Veteran
                    • Aug 2005

Originally posted by chi-town324
                    i see the Bears signed Alshon already...they may actually be able to throw the ball a little this yr
                    I am excited about this, Alshon Jeffery is a BEAST. Very underrated.

Comment

• gbranton
                      Veteran
                      • Aug 2005

My gut reaction as well. Being optimistic about the Dolphins is about close I wish to come to masochism. Only thing equal to it was enduring a David Lee Roth-free Van Halen all those years, awaiting the man's return.
                      I could sympathize with you somewhat being a bears fan, get a load of THESE first round draft choices:

Stan Thomas (1991)
                      Alonzo Spellman (1992)
                      Curtis Conway (1993)
                      John Thierry (1994)
                      Rashaan Salaam (1995)
                      Walt Harris (1996)
                      Curtis Enis (1998)
                      Cade McNown (1999)
                      David Terrell (2001)
                      Marc Colombo (2002)
                      Michael Haynes (2003)

But now that Jerry Angelo has lost his job hopefully things are looking up for me. Truthfully though, he did do ok with the Julius Peppers thing.

The Dolphins have been terribly mismanaged, the only thing I can compare it to is the movie Major League, LOL.

Comment

• chefcraig
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Apr 2004

The Dolphins have been terribly mismanaged, the only thing I can compare it to is the movie Major League, LOL.
                        And that trend continues. Tannehill missed the first day of training camp here today because management still hasn't been capable of signing the guy.

― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                          SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Can't wait for Mario Williams and the Buffalo Bills to take training camp...

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Feb 2007

less than a week!!!!
                            Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• gbranton
                              Veteran
                              • Aug 2005

And that trend continues. Tannehill missed the first day of training camp here today because management still hasn't been capable of signing the guy.

"QB Tannehill impresses in Dolphins scrimmage........"

Comment

• Fairwrning
                                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                                • Jan 2004

Damn its good to have football back...Watching every pre-season game I can this week..What big name player will end up on IR this week?..its bound to happen

Comment

Working...