Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NFL 2012 Free Agency/Preseason Thread

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    How long before Tebow releases a statement that says God wouldn't let him stay in Denver because "Peyton" rhymes with "Satan"
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Denver, New York...what's the difference? This guy still can't throw a ball much more than 27 yards, let alone anywhere near a receiver. Putting him a QB competition with Mark Sanchez will be like watching a to-the-death battle between a room humidifier and a dehumidifier.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking

Von loves Brady
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    You pretty much nailed it Chef lol. Even the Fins should be happy not to have the F-A-G-S QBs.

" Littering and...."
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I am pretty amazed Tebow didnt go to Jacksonville....Its gonna be fun watching that train wreck in NY this fall.

" Littering and...."
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Has Rex made his annual guarantee yet??

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Pat Robertson: Manning deserves to get hurt after Tebow trade
    By David Edwards
    Thursday, March 22, 2012 16:21 EDT

Televangelist Pat Robertson says that Denver Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning should be punished with an inury because the team traded devout Christian Tim Tebow.

“I think the Denver Broncos treated [Tebow] shabbily,” Robertson explained on Thursday. “He won seven games. He brought them into the playoffs, for heaven sakes. I mean, they were a nothing team. He rallied them together with spectacular last-minute passes and, you know, when they beat Buffalo — I mean, Pittsburgh — it was a tremendous victory.”

He continued: “And you just ask yourself, OK, Peyton Manning was a tremendous MVP quarterback, but he’s been injured. If that injury comes back, Denver will find itself without a quarterback — and in my opinion, it would serve them right.”

Despite a few snags, the Denver Broncos announced late Wednesday that they had traded Tebow to the New York Jets.

Manning was picked up by the Broncos after missing last season with the Indianapolis Colts due to an injury. The 14-year NFL veteran has been named most valuable player four times.

Watch this video from CBN’s The 700 Club, broadcast March 22, 2012.

Speaking Cherry Red
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by chefcraig View Post
    Denver, New York...what's the difference? This guy still can't throw a ball much more than 27 yards, let alone anywhere near a receiver. Putting him a QB competition with Mark Sanchez will be like watching a to-the-death battle between a room humidifier and a dehumidifier.
    I've been watching him since high school and he's gotten a bad rap. He didn't become the all-time leader in career passing efficiency (176.0), completion percentage (67.1%), passing touchdown to interception ratio (5.5 to 1) in the SEC, THE best football conference in the country far and away, without havng some skill. He also ranked second in career passing efficiency and third in career yards per attempt (9.33) in NCAA history. Not everyone shares your opinion about his deep ball:

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post...bows-deep-pass

He didn't recieve adequate coaching to prepare him for the NFL during his college career, Urban Meyer never gave half a shit whether he succeeded in the NFL. Urban fucks over his kids and only cares about URBAN. The only thing HE gave a shit about was if he could win games for him, so in some ways it was like drafting a high school kid into the NFL. We know how poorly that can go for in the NBA until a kid gets his legs under him and it's simply not done in the NFL.

For him to come in to a mediocre at best team that was on a losing streak and will them into the playoffs while being undermined by his horse-faced GM speaks volumes about his character and if coached and given a chance in the NFL he WILL succeed and he WILL make the Brocolons pay on the field some day and afterwards he will say they are an awesome team, that they played great and he will thank them for the opportunity they gave him.
    "Don't want 'em to get you goat, don't show 'em where it's hid." - David Lee Roth

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by gbranton View Post
    I

He didn't recieve adequate coaching to prepare him for the NFL during his college career, Urban Meyer never gave half a shit whether he succeeded in the NFL. Urban fucks over his kids and only cares about URBAN. The only thing HE gave a shit about was if he could win games for him, so in some ways it was like drafting a high school kid into the NFL. We know how poorly that can go for in the NBA until a kid gets his legs under him and it's simply not done in the NFL.

For him to come in to a mediocre at best team that was on a losing streak and will them into the playoffs while being undermined by his horse-faced GM speaks volumes about his character and if coached and given a chance in the NFL he WILL succeed and he WILL make the Brocolons pay on the field some day and afterwards he will say they are an awesome team, that they played great and he will thank them for the opportunity they gave him.
    This I can agree with. Tebow did not have much of a pre-season to learn how an offense works due to the lockout plus Denver, for some reason, thought they owed Orton something. When Orton became the embarrasment not only for the Broncos but the NFL as well Elway/Fox had no choice but to throw Tebow to the lions - so to speak. He did win - but ugly. That Miami game was one of the most dismal events I had ever watched; the Chicago game was one purely on luck and let's face it, Denver played some dismal teams. Even with that said, when Tebow faced a better constructed defense, like he did in Buffalo and Kansas City, he looked like a lost kid crying for his mother. He did not improve. He did not adjust. Instead, he played the same type of college ball because he doesn't have the talent to "read a defense." If he pulls that same shit this season, its only a matter of time until teams adjust and pop Tebow with an almost career-ending injury. I for one won't miss the guy, his religiosity, and the circus that follows him.

Von loves Brady
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Tebow is NOT a pro caliber QB, the Lions, as everyone knows my fave team, killed Tebow and mocked him while doing it and we all know how well the Lions secondary played last year. The list of great college QBs that fail in the pros is alot longer then the ones that make it. If people want to like Tebow because he makes a good role model, more power to you, but don't get me started about his shortcomings when it comes to actually playing football in the NFL. He either needs to change his position, accept being a wildcat QB for small portions of a game, or hang it up and do something else. The only thing going for him is Dirty Sanchez is a fucking joke as a QB to so he will likely get another shot at starting.

a.k.a. Flappo The Grate
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Speaking Cherry Red
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by TFM_Dale View Post
    Tebow is NOT a pro caliber QB, the Lions, as everyone knows my fave team, killed Tebow and mocked him while doing it and we all know how well the Lions secondary played last year.
    The Lions shouldn't be mocking anybody, up until this past year they haven't been a pro caliber TEAM and yet the NFL let them hang around.

Von loves Brady
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    The Lions shouldn't be mocking anybody, up until this past year they haven't been a pro caliber TEAM and yet the NFL let them hang around.
    Say what you will, they exposed Teblow as the joke of a QB most people knew he was. When it comes to reading defenses and absorbing a playbook he is lost, no QB can make it in the league without the ability to do those two things, and that isn't even taking into account his God awful mechanics. Tebow sucks as a NFL QB, anyone watching him play that has a open mind can see that.

Speaking Cherry Red
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    anyone watching him play that has a open mind can see that.
    I will say Detriot has a great QB, the kid is a stud and I'm glad he's not at Georgia anymore.

As for Tebow, I see a winner who motivates those around him to be their best, play hard and never give up. I'll take him over 100 other modern day, slack assed, play when they wanna Allen Iverson/Randy Moss/spoiled thug douchbag types. His mechanics looked great in overtime against the Steelers, but what really made that play was him reading the defense, something you claim he can't do.

The NFL is rapidly becoming the same type of thug life spectacle which cause me to permanently lose interest in the NBA. I don't share his religious beliefs but Tebow is a good dude, a team first player and a fantastic human being, so I will cheer for him until some of that changes. The dog killers, wife beaters, murderers and other assorted illiterate thugs can go fuck themselves.

Von loves Brady
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Wait now, I agree with you 100% about the thug fucks in the NBA but that is a whole new conversation, it is cool if you want to pull for Tebow, I just really disagree about him being able to play QB in the NFL. Hell, remember Leak while he was at Florida? He was considered the better passer, that doesn't say much for Tebow's passing potential in the NFL.

Speaking Cherry Red
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Hell, remember Leak while he was at Florida? He was considered the better passer, that doesn't say much for Tebow's passing potential in the NFL.
    I remember Leak, I am a Florida alum, that's why I'm glad Stafford is not at Georgia. But as a life long Bears fan I'm not to thrilled that he's in Detroit, LOL.

Leak is currently playing in the Arena League, a good kid but he didn't put up nearly the passing numbers Tebow did at Florida and was horribly misused in the spread.

Tebow's not perfect but you won't make a living betting against the kid. He will work harder than anyone in the league until he gets better or is no longer in the league, I hope it's the former.

What is it that REALLY makes a person an "NFL" quarterback, anyway? A pretty spiral and rocket arm? If so, then Jeff George is a Hall of Fame player? I think people are too carried away with mechanics these days. The Blandas, the Plunkets, the Meridiths weren't pretty. I think he's a lot like Don Meridith (who barely completed 50% of his passes) on the field, as Don used to say "A big guy making big plays".
    Last edited by gbranton; 03-24-2012 at 10:21 PM.

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Tebow is NOT a pro caliber QB, the Lions, as everyone knows my fave team, killed Tebow and mocked him while doing it and we all know how well the Lions secondary played last year. The list of great college QBs that fail in the pros is alot longer then the ones that make it. If people want to like Tebow because he makes a good role model, more power to you, but don't get me started about his shortcomings when it comes to actually playing football in the NFL. He either needs to change his position, accept being a wildcat QB for small portions of a game, or hang it up and do something else. The only thing going for him is Dirty Sanchez is a fucking joke as a QB to so he will likely get another shot at starting.
    No, I think that was Orton.

"Kick his ass Seabass.."
    Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    No question Tebow is a great teammate and all that in every aspect.He is not a passing qb which is the nfl formula for championships.I can only hope that hard knocks does another season as implied with that fucking circus called the ny jets.Look what New england did to Denver when they got be behind...murdered them.Im sure Tebow can provide a spark for Fireman Ed and all that but i find it highly unlikely to save Rex Ryans job...Or Tannenbaum
    "Avant Garde is French for bullshit.”

a.k.a. Flappo The Grate
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Tebow will be starting in New York after Sanchez throws about 12 picks the first 5 games and the Jets are sitting at 0-5.

"Kick his ass Seabass.."
    Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Texan View Post
    Tebow will be starting in New York after Sanchez throws about 12 picks the first 5 games and the Jets are sitting at 0-5.
    I dont even think Sanchez is a bad qb....He can make some throws but i do think hes a pussy.Hell do what you said ,ride the bench,get cut and become the next David Carr.

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Miami decided to go with some kid named Ryan Tannehill with their #1 pick for QB. Whatever. Considering how well we've done with the draft and free agency over the years, at this point I have to believe his wife has better odds on a successful career than he does.

And yeah, that old "They didn't look like that when I was in high school/college" thing certainly applies.

LIGHT EM UP!!
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Tannehills old lady is fine as hell...

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Classy move by new Bucs Head Coach...

Bucs announce signing of paralyzed former Rutgers player Eric LeGrand
    Josh Alper
    updated 9:49 am. EDT May. 2, 2012

A statement released by the Buccaneers on Wednesday about the signing of an undrafted rookie began the same way most of them do.

There were stats and notes about the young man’s playing career, but Eric LeGrand isn’t your usual undrafted free agent so things took a different turn at the end of the first paragraph. While playing for Rutgers in 2010, the defensive tackle suffered a serious spinal cord injury in a game against Army and was paralyzed as a result.

LeGrand’s story is well known and he has made stunning progress since his injury. He began breathing on his own faster than expected, he’s been able to stand with assistance and he led the Scarlet Knights onto the field for a game last season. He’ll never play a down for the Buccaneers, of course, but Greg Schiano, who coached LeGrand at Rutgers, explained the reason for the move.

“Leading up to the draft, I couldn’t help but think that this should’ve been Eric’s draft class,” said Schiano in the statement from the team. “This small gesture is the least we could do to recognize his character, spirit, and perseverance. The way Eric lives his life epitomizes what we are looking for in Buccaneer Men.”

It might be a small gesture, but sometimes those are the ones that wind up meaning the most.

LIGHT EM UP!!
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    i see the Bears signed Alshon already...they may actually be able to throw the ball a little this yr

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    For one reason or another, NE's Wes Welker has been spotted hanging around my area for the past week or so, with his new wife. She's a Hooters waitress/model named Anna Burns. Nail it? Absolutely. Marry her? You must be joking.

Speaking Cherry Red
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Miami decided to go with some kid named Ryan Tannehill with their #1 pick for QB. Whatever.
    Yes, the Dolphins have done poorly in the draft, almost as bad as my Bears but even a blind hog finds the occasional acorn and for the Fins I think this is it, I like this kid and I think he is legit. I'd certainly take him in Chicago to back up Cutler.

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Yes, the Dolphins have done poorly in the draft, almost as bad as my Bears but even a blind hog finds the occasional acorn and for the Fins I think this is it, I like this kid and I think he is legit. I'd certainly take him in Chicago to back up Cutler.
    I hear ya, but word out of camp (it's right down the street from me) is the brain trust is thinking of going with David Garrard. That would make sense, as he's a veteran player and could adapt to the new playbook fairly quickly.

Speaking Cherry Red
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    David Garrard
    Ugh.

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Ugh.
    My gut reaction as well. Being optimistic about the Dolphins is about close I wish to come to masochism. Only thing equal to it was enduring a David Lee Roth-free Van Halen all those years, awaiting the man's return.

Speaking Cherry Red
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by chi-town324 View Post
    i see the Bears signed Alshon already...they may actually be able to throw the ball a little this yr
    I am excited about this, Alshon Jeffery is a BEAST. Very underrated.

Speaking Cherry Red
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    My gut reaction as well. Being optimistic about the Dolphins is about close I wish to come to masochism. Only thing equal to it was enduring a David Lee Roth-free Van Halen all those years, awaiting the man's return.
    I could sympathize with you somewhat being a bears fan, get a load of THESE first round draft choices:

Stan Thomas (1991)
    Alonzo Spellman (1992)
    Curtis Conway (1993)
    John Thierry (1994)
    Rashaan Salaam (1995)
    Walt Harris (1996)
    Curtis Enis (1998)
    Cade McNown (1999)
    David Terrell (2001)
    Marc Colombo (2002)
    Michael Haynes (2003)

But now that Jerry Angelo has lost his job hopefully things are looking up for me. Truthfully though, he did do ok with the Julius Peppers thing.

The Dolphins have been terribly mismanaged, the only thing I can compare it to is the movie Major League, LOL.

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    The Dolphins have been terribly mismanaged, the only thing I can compare it to is the movie Major League, LOL.
    And that trend continues. Tannehill missed the first day of training camp here today because management still hasn't been capable of signing the guy.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Can't wait for Mario Williams and the Buffalo Bills to take training camp...

roth beer pest
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Speaking Cherry Red
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    And that trend continues. Tannehill missed the first day of training camp here today because management still hasn't been capable of signing the guy.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/news/qb-tann...9482--nfl.html

"QB Tannehill impresses in Dolphins scrimmage........"

" Littering and...."
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Damn its good to have football back...Watching every pre-season game I can this week..What big name player will end up on IR this week?..its bound to happen

" Littering and...."
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    My Cowboys are gonna sign Burress..geez..they will need to install metal detectors in the locker room

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I watched the first Hard Knocks with the Dolphins....

Pretty good, although I fear it's quickly turning into the Chad Fucking Johnson show....
    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Va Beach VH Fan View Post
    I watched the first Hard Knocks with the Dolphins....

Pretty good, although I fear it's quickly turning into the Chad Fucking Johnson show....
    Yeah, he's probably looking for another gig since that VH-1 dating show of his ended. Just be glad Terrell Owens didn't get signed up by Miami, as well.

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    So much for the Chad Johnson show...

Dolphins cut WR Chad Johnson

ESPN

DAVIE, Fla. -- The Miami Dolphins terminated Chad Johnson's contract about 24 hours after he was arrested in a domestic battery case involving his wife.

The six-time Pro Bowl receiver was released from jail on $2,500 bond earlier Sunday after his wife accused him of head-butting her during an argument in front of their home. Johnson was charged with simple domestic battery, a misdemeanor.

The confrontation came barely a month after Johnson married Evelyn Lozada, who is on the reality TV show "Basketball Wives." The 34-year-old Johnson had been battling for a spot on the team after a disappointing season with the New England Patriots in 2011.

Dolphins coach Joe Philbin addressed Johnson's release in a news conference Monday.

"With any type of these decisions, it was not an easy one," Philbin said. "It was not reactive nor was it based on one single incident."

He said Johnson's release was mostly about how the receiver didn't "fit" with the Dolphins.

"Again, it was more a body of evidence from June 11th forward. When he came in on June 11th, we sat down and we talked and I was very clear as to the expectations of the program. It just didn't work out," he said. "It's more about the fit; in my gut I didn't think the fit was going to be beneficial to either party moving forward, whether in the short-term or the long-term. That's really what it was all about. It wasn't about one specific thing; it just wasn't going to work."

Dolphins linebacker Karlos Dansby voiced his displeasure at Johnson's release in an interview with a South Florida radio station Monday.

"I hate that we didn't stand behind him," Dansby told WMEN-AM on Monday. "I know the guys in the locker room would. But the organization felt a totally different way about the situation, and they probably had more information than we know. And they had to do what they had to do."

Dansby said that by releasing Johnson, the Dolphins created a bigger distraction than what would have occurred if the receiver was still a member of the team.

"It's going to be an even bigger distraction right now, I think, because of the simple fact we let him go," Dansby told the radio station. "I think if we were going to be with the guy, if he was going to be our guy, we have to stand behind him -- even though the situation came about. He didn't get that third strike."

Speaking Cherry Red
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    So much for the Chad Johnson show........
    Never was a fan of Ohsostinko, what is it with these guys who can't STFU and do their job?

I see Tannehill is doing some good work though.

Thread Information