Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Biden would act to impeach Obama if Obama goes to war with Iran without approval.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Biden would act to impeach Obama if Obama goes to war with Iran without approval.

Good for you Joe. I didn't think much of you but you are saying the right things here.

The true JBC
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Good for Joe......A+ on rhetoric!

I love how some of the Neocons are all up in arms about Libya, yet were the biggest cheerleaders here about going to war with Iraq. I believe several members here were saying, "Fuck the Sand Ni*****!', "Nuke 'em", and the like.

Sure, Bush got Congressional approval but he blatantly lied to Congress to get it. Fact!

This brings up the War Powers Resolution again!

The War Powers Resolution came about because Presidents were skirting Congress to war in Korea and Vietnam.....Nixon actually vetoed it but Congress overruled that veto and passed it.

Presidents have tried to challenge the Resolution numerous times and have failed.......it's a cluster fuck of a Resolution and Congress itself uses it when it's advantageous to it's agenda.

Lebanon, The Gulf War I, Somalia, Bosnia, Kosovo, Haiti and Yugoslavia have all fallen under certain provisions in War Powers Resolution.

Clinton even tried to use a loophole saying that by Congress approving a budget for bombing Kosovo they had in fact given consent by budget approval.

I'm all for checks and balances but the War Powers Resolution has done little, if anything, to curtail Presidents who want to bomb/invade someone.

Do we honor our international agreements with NATO like we did in Libya?

Do we allow a President to blatantly lie to us like in Iraq, to get Congressional approval and when verifiable evidence proves he did lie..... do we let him off the hook?

So far the answer seems to be yes on all accounts, most Presidents in the last 40 years have used it and or abused it.

I personally believe the course we took in Libya was the right course and should be continued in other places around the world. Too bad we have a Congress who's stated goal is to make Obama a one term President at the expense of us and the world. We could solve a ton of problems easily with a little cooperation but that doesn't seem to be the goal right now.

The criteria seems very simple, when the masses rise up against it's leaders and they are being massacred/tortured by a Dictator using overwhelming military force.....why not throw a few bombs at their military and give the people a fighting chance. Whether they choose a Western style Democracy or decide something completely different isn't the issue or our business. Wouldn't the people look at us as a friend if we helped? We give the people a fighting chance for freedom.....you know, like France did for us.

Invading and occupying countries doesn't seem to work.......rarely has it ever. Our role in the world is different now than even 15 years ago. We can't be Isolationists because that doesn't work. We can't be Imperialist because that doesn't work, either. We need a foreign policy that works. We have the technology to bomb anyone, anywhere back to the stone age if we so desire. It's a relatively cheaper solution in terms of costs and American lives.

We haven't followed the Constitution for certain wars, we've abused the War Powers Resolution for others. It seems to me a different solution is needed. We'll never get it, though
    Quote Originally Posted by vandeleur View Post
    E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    How lovely, splicing a 2007 video and editing it to make it sound like he's talking about Obama, when in fact he was talking about Bush.....

Here's the original video....

Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Yep. I remember Biden specifically mentioning Chimpeachment if he started a third PNAC war.

Considering that even Mossad officials have recently gone on record and admitted that Iran is no threat to Israel (let alone the United States) I don't know why those guys don't just do themselves a favor and take out that paranoid Likudist bitch NuttyYahoo and put an end to this hysterical bullshit.
    Last edited by FORD; 03-13-2012 at 03:24 PM.
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

The true JBC
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Va Beach VH Fan View Post
    How lovely, splicing a 2007 video and editing it to make it sound like he's talking about Obama, when in fact he was talking about Bush.....

Here's the original video....
    Good catch Va

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I really can't think of a war since World War II we really needed to get involved in. It all seems to revolve around the opium trade, oil, and feeding the military contractors who needed to justify their existence. Syria and Iran seems to be the jumping off point to changing our program here or World War III. All this waring has done nothing but drain the resources of our country over the last half century. A few benefit most of us lose. Honestly, go around the world and other than a few little spats here and there most the world is tired of war. I just see it at NATO Gone Wild. Since the cold war ended it's been trying to justify it's existence.

Libya was just another oil grab. The so called arab spring has turned out to be a disaster. As I said the Islamic Brotherhood are now in control. Nobody in their right mind would go to Egypt on a vacation now.

It used to be the US and NATO could throw it's weight around but we are at the point now that if we continue to do it, other super powers will be militarily drawn in. It could snowball into a nuclear war. Right now what's at stake is a lot more than bombing some brown people and then claiming we are trying to help them in the process.
    Last edited by Nitro Express; 03-13-2012 at 04:25 PM.

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Either way, fuck Osamabama...

Frontline Voice of Reason
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Va Beach VH Fan View Post
    So there's obviously a double standard, huh?

Frontline Voice of Reason
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by kwame k View Post
    Sure, Bush got Congressional approval but he blatantly lied to Congress to get it. Fact!

Using CIA-based intel is lying? The same CIA we're using to give us intel about Libya and Syria? Huh?

The true JBC
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Nice try Forrest.......

If you're too stupid to go back and read the 100's of posts here with links and you know, those pesky things called facts, just proves how much of a complete idiot your are.......I'll use one out of your playbook, prove me wrong.

Here I'll make it easy for you.....let's start with yellow cake!

Your turn, Forrest!

How in the fuck can you get from Iraq to Libya or Syria?

Libya was on the news showing the protests, with witnesses being interviewed, same as Syria.

You've had massive head trauma at one point, haven't you?
    Last edited by kwame k; 03-13-2012 at 06:04 PM.

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Libya was on the news showing the protests, with witnesses being interviewed, same as Syria.
    You're truly a dumb fuck...

The Menace Is Loose Again
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ELVIS View Post
    YAR!

(means I agree in Pirate)
    “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

The true JBC
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    You're truly a dumb fuck...

Says the man that voted for Bush twice and defended him for how many years, E?

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Obama's only accomplishment is breaking the US and probably the world record on spending. He can burn through money better than any of the previous US presidents and that's saying something.

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Says the man that voted for Bush twice and defended him for how many years, E?
    Dude, you believe what they show you on the "news."

You're F U C K E D !!

The true JBC
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Yep, no coverage in Syria!

http://video.pbs.org/video/2165688098

TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    About Iran...if we go to war, why can't ours & Israels soldiers go fight Irans soldiers on some deserted island or the middle of the Outback or something? Leave the public out of this shit. We're tired of it and none of us have anything to do with it. Motherfucking tired of non-stop war in the middle east (especially since no matter what we do they still fucking hate us). Kill the ones that threaten or attack us and leave the rest alone. For fucks sake already.

I know, I know. naive. Just fucking tired of war. And as a Republican Im generally in favor of it lol.

TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

PBS doesn't count. Most people that watch PBS are children in the 70's & 80's watching Sesame Street.

The true JBC
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

You're F U C K E D !!

My God.....children are tougher to debate than you.

An embedded reporter talking to eye-witnesses and videotaping protests, with video evidence of troops firing on protesters......yep, never happened.

I know you're a new convert to what most thinking people have known for a decade......so I'll give you a little catch up time

Not all reporters are Fox News shills, idiot. Your parents were brother and sister, right?

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by sadaist View Post
    About Iran...if we go to war, why can't ours & Israels soldiers go fight Irans soldiers on some deserted island or the middle of the Outback or something? Leave the public out of this shit. We're tired of it and none of us have anything to do with it. Motherfucking tired of non-stop war in the middle east (especially since no matter what we do they still fucking hate us). Kill the ones that threaten or attack us and leave the rest alone. For fucks sake already.

I know, I know. naive. Just fucking tired of war. And as a Republican Im generally in favor of it lol.
    Follow the money. The people who benefit most from war never fight in it.

The true JBC
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by sadaist View Post
    PBS doesn't count. Most people that watch PBS are children in the 70's & 80's watching Sesame Street.
    Front Line is one of the most respected shows in the business.....it deals with facts, interviews the people who were there and is fair and unbiased. They also use reporters outside the US, too.

Show me where Front Line has ever contradicted itself like Fox News.

Fear the Elf
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Frontline owns.

only news show worth a damn out there.
    Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Fear the Elf
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Front Line is one of the most respected shows in the business.....it deals with facts, interviews the people who were there and is fair and unbiased. They also use reporters outside the US, too.

Show me where Front Line has ever contradicted itself like Fox News.
    a-fucking-men.

even my dad who's a regular fox news viewer enjoys frontline.

The Frosty One...
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    That's the show Lowell Bergman went to when he got sick of the propagandist bullshit at CBS, right?

The true JBC
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Unchainme View Post
    a-fucking-men.

even my dad who's a regular fox news viewer enjoys frontline.

See Elvis is still reeling from the fact that we were right about Bush, the wars and Fox News so.......being an inbred hick, he now thinks all news shows are bad because he can't differentiate from fact and fantasy or use independent thought

Fear the Elf
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I'm personally of the belief, that if more news networks and news programs were like front line, and less like Fox News, we'd be in a much better shape as a country.

It's so well done too. Normally Public Broadcasting bores the hell out of me, I hate NPR for example, but, this show is able to keep you hooked throughout the program without overly sensationalizing the subject matter, and presenting the facts straight up.
    Last edited by Unchainme; 03-13-2012 at 06:55 PM.

The true JBC
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Yep, but to some idiots PBS will always have a hippie liberal tag because some Opinionist told them so.......

Betcha 50 bucks not one person who criticized that link even bothered to watch it.

It's really simple in the current Dark Ages of news like Fox.......verify what they say by independent sources and never take what is said at face value.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I always hated PBS. Even when I was a kid. I wanted to force feed big bird cement out of a cement truck and burn Mr. Roger's Nieghborhood down. Then don't get me started on that money begging bullshit they do every year.

Ok. Ok. I catch myself watching Nova every now and them but I take a long shower afterwards.
    Last edited by Nitro Express; 03-13-2012 at 08:02 PM.

The true JBC
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Uh, Nitro....you can watch all Front Line episodes online without commercial interruption

The true JBC
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by hambon4lif View Post
    That's the show Lowell Bergman went to when he got sick of the propagandist bullshit at CBS, right?
    The story of Bergman's investigation of the tobacco industry for 60 Minutes was chronicled in the 1999 feature film The Insider, in which Bergman was played by Al Pacino. The controversial success surrounding The Insider and its allegedly negative characterization of 60 Minutes correspondent Mike Wallace and producer Don Hewitt, led to Bergman's virtual blacklisting from the show, according to Bergman himself.
    Wiki-link

Fear the Elf
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Whenever I actually think of Frontline, and programs like that, I kind of think back to this one particular ep. of Charlie Brooker's screenwipe for some reason. Where they ended up showing the BBC's equivlant of a front line special on "The politics of fear", and of all the shows, it was the highest rated by a sample group of teens.

It's kind of funny that TV execs think that going for the lowest common denominator is the best method, when this clearly contradicts it. But I guess reality shows, and people like Hannity and Beck are better to air..than say..stuff with facts.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Uh, Nitro....you can watch all Front Line episodes online without commercial interruption
    I rarely watch TV anymore. I probably have watched Frontline three times and that was a long time ago. But don't get me started on the cable channels making us pay for the channel and then fill it up with commercials. That's bullshit.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Unchainme View Post
    Whenever I actually think of Frontline, and programs like that, I kind of think back to this one particular ep. of Charlie Brooker's screenwipe for some reason. Where they ended up showing the BBC's equivlant of a front line special on "The politics of fear", and of all the shows, it was the highest rated by a sample group of teens.

It's kind of funny that TV execs think that going for the lowest common denominator is the best method, when this clearly contradicts it. But I guess reality shows, and people like Hannity and Beck are better to air..than say..stuff with facts.
    I remember taking a news writing class. The guy that taught it was an old school newpaperman who used to work for the Honolulu Herald. Learned a lot. He was the real deal and showed us a lot of the tricks of the trade as far as investigative reporting goes. He always used to call the broadcast journalists airheads. He always considered the print media a higher tier of journalism. I think he was right. Television news has been garbage for a long time and it's just gotten worse.

I think we all can remember our krusty uncle or grumpy dad coming in and growling and calling the television the idiot box. My uncle hated the phone and the television. He rarely smiled. George C. Scott playing Patton reminds me of my uncle. One night he was watching The Tonight Show with Johnny Carson. Charro was the special guest. There sat my hard ass uncle in his Lazy Boy chair watching Charro kuchy kooing and he has this little smile on his face. LOL! He was being charmed by Charro. Ahhh it was indeed the idiot box but hey, add a little sex in there and even the most hardened fall under the spell.
    Last edited by Nitro Express; 03-13-2012 at 08:31 PM.

TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Front Line is one of the most respected shows in the business.....

So is Sesame Street.

LOL

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    He's married, you randy cad!

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBadBrian View Post

Using CIA-based intel is lying? The same CIA we're using to give us intel about Libya and Syria? Huh?
    Um, he didn't "use CIA-based intel." He selectively exploited what he wanted to hear and disposed of anything inconvenient. And "Curveball" wasn't a CIA source, he was a massively distrusted German one. Don't embarrass yourself with the whitewashing of history and the Bush-dicksucking, Brian. Even you're smarter than that!

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickdfresh View Post
    What links this story to Barack Obama is that, according to an acquaintance of Obama, Larry Sinclair, Obama is a closet bisexual with whom he had sexual and drug-related encounters in November 1999.
    It's rumored that Obama swings both ways. So pack your rubbers and lube Elvis if you are ever invited to the White House.

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickdfresh View Post
    So am I, you randy fag!

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

You're F U C K E D !!

You lecturing anyone on their "news sources" is pretty fucking laughable, conspiracy boy...

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    So am I, you randy fag!

How are you and the hubby doing?

Thread Information