Warning: Undefined array key "birthday" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/notice.php on line 1 New Ridley Scott Sci-Fi Film Due Out June 8 - PROMETHEUS - The Diamond David Lee Roth Army

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Ridley Scott Sci-Fi Film Due Out June 8 - PROMETHEUS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Ridley Scott Sci-Fi Film Due Out June 8 - PROMETHEUS

I hope it's a return to form because he's had a pretty shitty last 10 years, especially by his standards.

Robin Hood, A Good Year , Kingdom of Heaven?

I literally fell asleep during American Gangster although maybe that was my fault as it did get some good reviews.

Comment

Yeah....last thing by him that really interested me was Gladiator. Robber Hood? Come ON! Been done to death. Like a shit hot band that throws a cover song onto a new album, he could have filmed something that was original instead of rehashing Robber Hood and his cast of fuckups.

Poor peasant, walking through Sherwood Forest. Man dressed in green jumps out of a tree and lands on the path in front of him.

"Ho there, my good man, I am Robber Hood! I steal from the rich, and give to the poor! Here, have this bag of gold!"

Poor peasant: "Blimey! I'm RICH!"

Robber Hood: "Stick 'em up!"
      Last edited by Hardrock69; 03-16-2012, 04:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Seshmeister View Post
        I literally fell asleep during American Gangster although maybe that was my fault as it did get some good reviews.
        really? i like that one, and i am not a big Russell Crowe fan.
        Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

I usually like my gangster movies too, big Godfather/Goodfellas/Sopranos fan.

Maybe I was just exhausted and should give it another go, it did seem a bit slow at the start.

Crowe in real life annoys me, a horrible combination of 'alpha male' and pretentious actor twat but I can usually overlook that in his movies.

Comment

I could care less about any of the Alien sequels - they all sucked IMO. But I've been checking out the trailers for this prequel for a while now and it looks like it's got all the right elements. Well, at least from what you can tell by watching minute long clips. I can't wait to see this one.
            American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

I thought aliens rocked .. the rest were shite ....
              fuck your fucking framing

Comment

Despite the fact it is a RS film, which means visually it will be lush and well photographed, I can predict what most of the film will be.

Astronauts creeping around some dead planet/spaceship/whatever, and aliens attacking them, and so it is just futuristic version of some poor medieval twaddle creeping through the halls of a dark European castle at night during a thunderstorm, and being suddenly attacked by vampirs, ghouls, ghosts, demons, or whatever.

I surely hope Ridley can make this formula original somehow as the Aliens vs. Predator series has generally bored me. Humans encounter aliens or predators or both, all the humans die, the only real unknown is who is going to be the sole surviving human?

Comment

Originally posted by Hardrock69 View Post
                  Despite the fact it is a RS film, which means visually it will be lush and well photographed, I can predict what most of the film will be.

Astronauts creeping around some dead planet/spaceship/whatever, and aliens attacking them, and so it is just futuristic version of some poor medieval twaddle creeping through the halls of a dark European castle at night during a thunderstorm, and being suddenly attacked by vampirs, ghouls, ghosts, demons, or whatever.

I surely hope Ridley can make this formula original somehow as the Aliens vs. Predator series has generally bored me. Humans encounter aliens or predators or both, all the humans die, the only real unknown is who is going to be the sole surviving human?
                  I suppose I'll end up going, if just to see how Scott tackles the origins of the Aliens.

Agreed it will be highly competent from a cinematographic angle, but I'd also agree that as a concept and franchise Alien ran outta gas a long time ago; the most I can hope for is that Scott can make a great-looking, slightly interesting film considering it's an Alien flick. All that being said, he doesn't have to perform miracles to be miles above anything that's been released post Alien3.
                  Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

Comment

I like that clip a lot - kinda reminiscent of HAL.
                      American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

I love the two crystal skulls in the background of the interview...

"I can carry out directives that my human counterparts might find...distressing or unethical".

How many companies today would order this thing today, without question?

Comment

Originally posted by Hardrock69 View Post
                          Yeah....last thing by him that really interested me was Gladiator. Robber Hood? Come ON! Been done to death. Like a shit hot band that throws a cover song onto a new album, he could have filmed something that was original instead of rehashing Robber Hood and his cast of fuckups.

Poor peasant, walking through Sherwood Forest. Man dressed in green jumps out of a tree and lands on the path in front of him.

"Ho there, my good man, I am Robber Hood! I steal from the rich, and give to the poor! Here, have this bag of gold!"

Poor peasant: "Blimey! I'm RICH!"

Robber Hood: "Stick 'em up!"
                          Mel Brooks made a good sendup, IMO...
                          Why settle for something you have, if it's not as good as something you're out to get?

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                          It's like putting up a YouTube of Bach and playing Chopstix on your Bontempi...

Comment

Well this film looks incredible. Hopefully it will be incredible. How about a cool mind blowing sci-fi horror film? Maybe it will be cool.
                            gnaw on it

Comment

Reviews have been a bit mixed.

Comment

Working...
                              X