Philadelphia attendance

* * * Venue PAID Attendance * * *

Van Halen, Philadelphia
    June 16, 2004

PAID Attendance - 17,654 (a) *

(a) Source: Promoter’s Venue Settlement Sheet

* Details and Full Comments To Follow

These are the "Cold hard facts"
    Last edited by dysfunction; 06-17-2004 at 03:15 PM.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

YOU GIVE PEACE A CHANCE
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-10-2012 @ 06:38 PM
    a perception of reality-understanding your place in life will allow you to gain access into the next.
    Status
    Thanks

but who cares though, really?
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

7 Time MVP
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    05-26-2015 @ 05:20 AM
    Status
    Thanks

So you have nothing to say about the shitty paid attendance at the other shows, but run right over here to report this?! Have fun, I hope they start sellling out every show, so Ed and Sam will live happily ever after.

Head Fluffer

Member No
    Last Online
    03-15-2009 @ 02:22 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by Bill Lumbergh
    So you have nothing to say about the shitty paid attendance at the other shows, but run right over here to report this?! Have fun, I hope they start sellling out every show, so Ed and Sam will live happily ever after.
    So you have nothing to say about the good shows but just the other ones. By the way, Buffalo was the only really shitty concert.

7 Time MVP
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    05-26-2015 @ 05:20 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Okay they had good attendance at the Buffalo show........there I talked about it. I said from the beginning this tour would do anywhere from okay to pretty good. My opinion though is that future tours with Sam will sink like a stone. The jury is still out on this one though.

Dave's Towing
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-11-2008 @ 02:07 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Paid attendence can be, and is most times, radio stations buying up seats and giving them away.

That figure does not prove that 17,000 + shelled out for the tickets.

Sorry. Keep trying though Justin.

Where I live, they have been giving away 2 seats every hour for what will be a week this weekend.

Head Fluffer

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by ALinChainz
    Where I live, they have been giving away 2 seats every hour for what will be a week this weekend.
    If they hand them out every hour 24 hours a day. 2(tickets)*24(hours)*7(days)=336

OK take off a BIG FUCKIN AMOUNT of 336 off the total if it makes you feel better.

Dave's Towing
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

That's just ONE radio station, not all.

We are the 2nd largest city in Michigan.

And they just started this week. And that doesn't even begin to touch the tickets that are still available.

And not only radio stations buy these seats up either.

The Don: Roth Army Militi
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    02-17-2024 @ 10:50 AM
    Status
    Thanks

336 X Number of Radio Stations doing this

L.S.D.
    Paid attendence can be, and is most times, radio stations buying up seats and giving them away.

That figure does not prove that 17,000 + shelled out for the tickets.

Sorry. Keep trying though Justin.

fucking spare me. They sold the tix. What a joke. You guys cant handle the fact that Van Hagar had millions of fans and those fans are going to the shows.

Dave's Towing
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by L.S.D.
    fucking spare me. They sold the tix. What a joke. You guys cant handle the fact that Van Hagar had millions of fans and those fans are going to the shows.
    So you're saying radio stations and other corporations don't buy these seats?

Fucking spare me. They sold those tickets in everyway they could, and it wasn't all to the general public.

Head Fluffer

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

radio stations buying up seats and giving them away.
    I don't doubt that at all. In fact I agree with you. However, in order to give them away they make you answer a trivia question or be a certain caller like the 10th. These people that win the tickets would not be calling to answer the question if they didn't want to go. They call because they get a chance to go see Van Halen for free. Let me ask you and everyone else here a question. Are you telling me if you had a chance to go see Van Halen with DLR for free, you would say no I would rather pay over $100?

Dave's Towing
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by dysfunction
    I don't doubt that at all. In fact I agree with you. However, in order to give them away they make you answer a trivia question or be a certain caller like the 10th. These people that win the tickets would not be calling to answer the question if they didn't want to go. They call because they get a chance to go see Van Halen for free. Let me ask you and everyone else here a question. Are you telling me if you had a chance to go see Van Halen with DLR for free, you would say no I would rather pay over $100?
    With DLR , I would go free, or gladly pay the price of $100, no sweat.

You think the people that DIDN'T win are still going? They don't want to shell out the $100 bucks, which is why they are trying to get in free.

Would I go see VH with Sammy for free? Oh HELL no.

Fact is, I have always paid and have been going to concerts since the late '70's. If I'm a fan, I pay, and I don't waste my time calling radio stations.

L.S.D.

Its just more bullshit from the tards. Dont bother. They cant ever handle the truth that they are wrong. The song is #6, the tour hit #1, and like this thread says. Philly will ahve over 17,000 people riocking at the show.

L.S.D.
    The point is, that regardless of how the tix are obtained, asses are in the seats buddy. I have been to 6 Cub's games this year and havent paid for 1 ticket. Does that make me not a fan? No. It means I got the hook up and wanted to go.

The excuses just keep coming. When every Van Hagqar album hit #1 and the tours were selling out all over in the late 80's and 90's, where you making excuses then too?

What are youre excuses for dlr playing the House of Blues, or selling barely 7,000 copies of Diamond Dave?

Dave's Towing
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Its just more bullshit from the tards. Dont bother. They cant ever handle the truth that they are wrong. The song is #6, the tour hit #1, and like this thread says. Philly will ahve over 17,000 people riocking at the show.
    Look who's talking. Can't admit when a point has been made, fucking Dave bashing fag.

Fact is that with all the time you spend here, you'd be a "rothtard" too, according to you.

You come here because you hate Dave, and like the abuse. You wouldn't be here if Dave was back in the band instead of your hero.

"Lonely Sad Dude"

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

This thread is as boring as a Van Hagar album. 2 sheep with nothing to say, and taking too long say it.

L.S.D.
    Look who's talking. Can't admit when a point has been made, fucking Dave bashing fag.

Fact is that with all the time you spend here, you'd be a "rothtard" too, according to you.

You come here because you hate Dave, and like the abuse. You wouldn't be here if Dave was back in the band instead of your hero.

"Lonely Sad Dude"
    please, Id be there as long as Eddie is there. I wanted Dave to come back until I heard him on the 2 tracks and saw him at the 96 awards. The dude is washed up now. He sounds like shit. Sorry. He is not the man for the job and it looks like people still agree.

Dave's Towing
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

The point is, that regardless of how the tix are obtained, asses are in the seats buddy. I have been to 6 Cub's games this year and havent paid for 1 ticket. Does that make me not a fan? No. It means I got the hook up and wanted to go.

The excuses just keep coming. When every Van Hagqar album hit #1 and the tours were selling out all over in the late 80's and 90's, where you making excuses then too?

What are youre excuses for dlr playing the House of Blues, or selling barely 7,000 copies of Diamond Dave?
    You like to talk about Dave solo, his last solo album did WAY better than Sammy's.

Let's talk about Spammy's solo career before and after VH.

Where were you then? Still sucking Sammy dick then too?

"Loves Sammy Dick"

Head Fluffer

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I have been to 6 Cub's games this year and havent paid for 1 ticket. Does that make me not a fan? No.
    No, please don't tell me you are a Cub's fan. It will be nice if my Cardinals can beat them bastards this year, since they failed last year.

Dave's Towing
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

please, Id be there as long as Eddie is there. I wanted Dave to come back until I heard him on the 2 tracks and saw him at the 96 awards. The dude is washed up now. He sounds like shit. Sorry. He is not the man for the job and it looks like people still agree.
    Take a long look at Eddie dude. This tour maybe over before it even get's to you.

You saw Dave last when? When he was touring without Sammy last summer? The Dave & Sam Tour was when?

What people? A bunch of non-paying freeloaders who have the so-called "hook-up"? It's like free food at a car accident, there's a crowd, but it what it would be with Dave.

You know if Dave were back, this tour would be "sell outs", a word you are familar with I'm sure.

The less that 8000 in Buffalo agree?

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 12:43 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,347 Times in 6,031 Posts

Who is Sammy Hagar?

IN ROTH WE TRUST
    Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-08-2003 @ 08:08 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Who is Sammy Hagar?
    David Lee Roth says that Sammy Hagar is a bridge drone troll. I think he is a complete whiney bitch who is deathly afraid of the success that Classic Van Halen had that he could never live up to. Bluntly put he is just an old angry man who lives in a delusional fantasy world in which Van Hagar sold 20 million more albums than Classic Van Halen. Every time he talks he utters nothing but lies and sounds like a sack of assholes. Sarge told me that Bette Midler and Sammy Hagar are the same person. For a laugh please ask me who Bette Midler is. Thanks for your time. ..

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

David Lee Roth says that Sammy Hagar is a bridge drone troll. I think he is a complete whiney bitch who is deathly afraid of the success that Classic Van Halen had that he could never live up to. Bluntly put he is just an old angry man who lives in a delusional fantasy world in which Van Hagar sold 20 million more albums than Classic Van Halen. Every time he talks he utters nothing but lies and sounds like a sack of assholes. Sarge told me that Bette Midler and Sammy Hagar are the same person. For a laugh please ask me who Bette Midler is. Thanks for your time. .

L.S.D.
    You like to talk about Dave solo, his last solo album did WAY better than Sammy's.

Let's talk about Spammy's solo career before and after VH.

Where were you then? Still sucking Sammy dick then too?

"Loves Sammy Dick"

Please. I dont like Sammy's solo shit, havent listened to it in years, the only album I bought was Marching To Mars, and it sold around 350,000.

But since youre such a fan of Dave's what are your excuses for his pathetic career right now?

L.S.D.
    Take a long look at Eddie dude. This tour maybe over before it even get's to you.

You saw Dave last when? When he was touring without Sammy last summer? The Dave & Sam Tour was when?

What people? A bunch of non-paying freeloaders who have the so-called "hook-up"? It's like free food at a car accident, there's a crowd, but it what it would be with Dave.

You know if Dave were back, this tour would be "sell outs", a word you are familar with I'm sure.

The less that 8000 in Buffalo agree?

The thing is, I dont give a fuck. I like the sammy era music better. If I was the only one there, Id be fine with that. Music isnt a popularity contest. Grow the fuck up.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Grow the fuck up.
    That's rich.

How would we grow up?

By making hundreds of posts at a Spammy site?

Dave's Towing
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

He just toured last summer and fall.

How long did Eddie take between tours?

How do you know what Dave has going on?

Would I like him to put out an album and tour? Sure. But if you're a fan, that doesn;t change because he isn't in the news or spotlight 24/7, was VH? Was Eddie? Hell, Sammy was doing nothing, trying to stir up some kind of interest in himself, or a Montrose reunion, or his shitty solo career, havine Michael Anthony with him as much as he could to keep a toe in the VH door.

I don't see the point.

L.S.D.

How long did Eddie take between tours?

How do you know what Dave has going on?

Would I like him to put out an album and tour? Sure. But if you're a fan, that doesn;t change because he isn;t in the news or spotlight 24/7, was VH? Was Eddie? Hell, Sammy was doing nothing, trying to stir up some kind of interest in himself, or a Montrose reunion, or his shitty solo career, havine Michael Anthony with him as much as he could to keep a toe in the VH door.

I don't see the point.

The world does not give a fuck about a new dlr album. The last one was proof. The man cannot write a good song anymore. His last album was all covers and his last tour covered van halen. The well is dry my friend.

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Music isnt a popularity contest.
    Is this your way of admitting that Van Hagar aren't very popular?

Dave's Towing
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

The thing is, I dont give a fuck. I like the sammy era music better. If I was the only one there, Id be fine with that. Music isnt a popularity contest. Grow the fuck up.
    Grow up?

You're at a Dave site bashing him.

Music isn't a popularity contest, but yet you say the people have chosen when talking about attendence figures?

Which is it?
    Last edited by ALinChainz; 06-17-2004 at 04:18 PM.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-01-2014 @ 09:03 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Thats a good attendance, I guess.
    Whats the capacity seating at Philadelphia ??

I wonder what their target was with these gigs ?
    If it was to average 20,000 they would be well short.
    If it was to average 10,000 they are probably thereabouts..

Lets wait for GSlinger to give us the goss.

Head Fluffer

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Is that the tour that was cancelled because he hurt himself on stage trying to do gymnastics?

Dave's Towing
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Is that the tour that was cancelled because he hurt himself on stage trying to do gymnastics?
    Was he doing gymnastics asshole?

Don't waste my time bashing him.

At least he was on tour, and HE FINISHED THAT SHOW.

What was Eddie doing?

Sammy?

IN ROTH WE TRUST
    Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Was he doing gymnastics asshole?

Don't waste my time bashing him.
    <br />
    <b>Warning</b>: mysql_connect(): Can't create a new thread (errno 11). If you are not out of available memory, you can consult the manual for a possible OS-dependent bug in <b>/home/rotharmy/public_html/forums/alice/faqbot/src/admin/dbprefs.php</b> on line <b>52</b><br />
    <br />
    <b>Warning</b>: mysql_query(): Can't create a new thread (errno 11). If you are not out of available memory, you can consult the manual for a possible OS-dependent bug in <b>/home/rotharmy/public_html/forums/alice/faqbot/src/util.php</b> on line <b>302</b><br />
    <br />
    <b>Warning</b>: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in <b>/home/rotharmy/public_html/forums/alice/faqbot/src/util.php</b> on line <b>302</b><br />
    <br />
    <b>Warning</b>: mysql_query(): Can't create a new thread (errno 11). If you are not out of available memory, you can consult the manual for a possible OS-dependent bug in <b>/home/rotharmy/public_html/forums/alice/faqbot/src/util.php</b> on line <b>318</b><br />
    <br />
    <b>Warning</b>: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in <b>/home/rotharmy/public_html/forums/alice/faqbot/src/util.php</b> on line <b>318</b><br />
    <br />
    <b>Warning</b>: mysql_query(): Can't create a new thread (errno 11). If you are not out of available memory, you can consult the manual for a possible OS-dependent bug in <b>/home/rotharmy/public_html/forums/alice/faqbot/src/util.php</b> on line <b>187</b><br />
    <br />
    <b>Warning</b>: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in <b>/home/rotharmy/public_html/forums/alice/faqbot/src/util.php</b> on line <b>187</b><br />
    <br />
    <b>Warning</b>: mysql_query(): Can't create a new thread (errno 11). If you are not out of available memory, you can consult the manual for a possible OS-dependent bug in <b>/home/rotharmy/public_html/forums/alice/faqbot/src/util.php</b> on line <b>235</b><br />
    <br />
    <b>Warning</b>: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in <b>/home/rotharmy/public_html/forums/alice/faqbot/src/util.php</b> on line <b>235</b><br />
    <br />
    <b>Warning</b>: mysql_query(): Can't create a new thread (errno 11). If you are not out of available memory, you can consult the manual for a possible OS-dependent bug in <b>/home/rotharmy/public_html/forums/alice/faqbot/src/graphnew.php</b> on line <b>298</b><br />
    <br />
    <b>Warning</b>: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in <b>/home/rotharmy/public_html/forums/alice/faqbot/src/graphnew.php</b> on line <b>298</b><br />

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-28-2024 @ 09:22 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,517 Times in 2,422 Posts

Congratulations, there were 17,000 Hagaritas out of the Philadelphia metropolitan (Philly, Camden, Wilmington, etc.) population of nearly 6 million.....

Before you utter one syllable of bullshit, see for yourself...

http://eire.census.gov/popest/archiv...ro/ma99-02.txt

As I've said all along, the bigger markets are not going to be problem, a.k.a. the eyesore....

It's the Hershey/Buffalo-size markets are what's turning Van Halen into a laughing stock...

The real Van Halen NEVER had to give out 5,000 comp tickets just to get the crowd looking like 14,000 actually paid for tickets....

The real Van Halen NEVER could give nearly everyone in the 300 and 200 levels of an arena free upgrades to the floor, 'cause the entire arena was always packed with ticket-PAYING fans....

Just wait until they hit markets such as Albany, Pittsburgh, Cleveland, and Green Bay, just to name a few....

You thought it was bad now.....

Head Fluffer

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

At least he was on tour, and HE FINISHED THAT SHOW.

What was Eddie doing?

Sammy?
    He wasn't on tour if it was cancelled and by the way what was the paid attendance at that show. Oh Eddie was probably dealing with the lawsuit that DLR brought against him and Sammy was probably in Cabo.

IN ROTH WE TRUST
    Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

He wasn't on tour if it was cancelled and by the way what was the paid attendance at that show. Oh Eddie was probably dealing with the lawsuit that DLR brought against him and Sammy was probably in Cabo.
    <br />
    <b>Warning</b>: mysql_connect(): Can't create a new thread (errno 11). If you are not out of available memory, you can consult the manual for a possible OS-dependent bug in <b>/home/rotharmy/public_html/forums/alice/faqbot/src/admin/dbprefs.php</b> on line <b>52</b><br />
    <br />
    <b>Warning</b>: mysql_query(): Can't create a new thread (errno 11). If you are not out of available memory, you can consult the manual for a possible OS-dependent bug in <b>/home/rotharmy/public_html/forums/alice/faqbot/src/util.php</b> on line <b>302</b><br />
    <br />
    <b>Warning</b>: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in <b>/home/rotharmy/public_html/forums/alice/faqbot/src/util.php</b> on line <b>302</b><br />
    <br />
    <b>Warning</b>: mysql_query(): Can't create a new thread (errno 11). If you are not out of available memory, you can consult the manual for a possible OS-dependent bug in <b>/home/rotharmy/public_html/forums/alice/faqbot/src/util.php</b> on line <b>318</b><br />
    <br />
    <b>Warning</b>: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in <b>/home/rotharmy/public_html/forums/alice/faqbot/src/util.php</b> on line <b>318</b><br />
    <br />
    <b>Warning</b>: mysql_query(): Can't create a new thread (errno 11). If you are not out of available memory, you can consult the manual for a possible OS-dependent bug in <b>/home/rotharmy/public_html/forums/alice/faqbot/src/util.php</b> on line <b>187</b><br />
    <br />
    <b>Warning</b>: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in <b>/home/rotharmy/public_html/forums/alice/faqbot/src/util.php</b> on line <b>187</b><br />
    <br />
    <b>Warning</b>: mysql_query(): Can't create a new thread (errno 11). If you are not out of available memory, you can consult the manual for a possible OS-dependent bug in <b>/home/rotharmy/public_html/forums/alice/faqbot/src/util.php</b> on line <b>235</b><br />
    <br />
    <b>Warning</b>: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in <b>/home/rotharmy/public_html/forums/alice/faqbot/src/util.php</b> on line <b>235</b><br />
    <br />
    <b>Warning</b>: mysql_query(): Can't create a new thread (errno 11). If you are not out of available memory, you can consult the manual for a possible OS-dependent bug in <b>/home/rotharmy/public_html/forums/alice/faqbot/src/graphnew.php</b> on line <b>298</b><br />
    <br />
    <b>Warning</b>: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in <b>/home/rotharmy/public_html/forums/alice/faqbot/src/graphnew.php</b> on line <b>298</b><br />

guwapo_rocker
    Get back out to the kennel boy....the racoons need milkin'!!

Banned
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-18-2006 @ 12:37 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Well, bottom line is that Philly was hella-packed and rocking last night. I sat front row, Ed's side. The man was spot on all night, and his solo was sweeet. The whole band was tighter than when i saw them at Hershey, everything was clicking. I'd say it was an easy 17000 last night...cant wait for tonight, either. Like Sammy or not (I do), the man gave 100% and sang his ass off.....i love Dave, too...but when he hits 56, there's no way he'll be able to cut it....hell, he's a parody of himself now as it is with all the shtick and his so-so vocals.

Thread Information