• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • philouze
    Banned
    • Mar 2004

The VH 2012 crew

I'm sorry if there's already a thread about this, but I was wondering:
    Will =VH= fire some of their incompetent sound/light guys ???
    Judging by the videos we've had so far, they should drop some of them (see Dance The Night Away)
  • Hardrock69
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Feb 2005

They will obviously only tolerate so much....hey I will go....I am unemployed right now. If the pay is good, what the fuck. How hard is it to fucking operate a spotlight and follow fucking verbal instructions? Too difficult for some people it seems....

Comment

• sadaist
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Hardrock69
      If the pay is good

Even if the pay is bad.....hey, maybe Dave still offers $100 if he chooses the girl you sent backstage to him?

and I'm UE too HR. You handle Daves spot & I'll do EVH's. After the last show we will implement our Oceans 11 heist & retire with our ebay 'VH tour used' gear sales.

*It's not really stealing if you wear an Italian suit or tuxedo and do it all classy like George Clooney or Sinatra, Then it becomes a heist. And those are okay
      “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• SNIPER
        Crazy Ass Mofo
        • Jun 2004

Usually there is local crews doing all the physical work and sometimes running spots. You just follow simple directions from the lighting director. I sometimes do it for the fun of it if there is a band I dig and want to get in behind the scenes on...

Comment

• Nitro Express
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Hardrock69
          They will obviously only tolerate so much....hey I will go....I am unemployed right now. If the pay is good, what the fuck. How hard is it to fucking operate a spotlight and follow fucking verbal instructions? Too difficult for some people it seems....
          One thing I notice is people are worse at listening now than ever. I don't know if it's all the distractions people have now or the low attention spans, it's like most people aren't completely there. They ask you a question and you answer it and they forget what you even said. They mess up orders. Just absent minded dolt's who can't focus on anthing anymore because their mind is off somewhere else.
          No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by sadaist
            Even if the pay is bad.....hey, maybe Dave still offers $100 if he chooses the girl you sent backstage to him?

and I'm UE too HR. You handle Daves spot & I'll do EVH's. After the last show we will implement our Oceans 11 heist & retire with our ebay 'VH tour used' gear sales.

*It's not really stealing if you wear an Italian suit or tuxedo and do it all classy like George Clooney or Sinatra, Then it becomes a heist. And those are okay
            I used to spend the weekends with a friend who's parents worked for a state university. Lot's of big acts would play at the venue and his mom could always get us jobs. That's how I got to set up and work the barricade for VH. Local hires would help setup and work security. I know the 1984 lighting rig had a few guys up there running spots but I don't know if they were on the permanent road crew or local hires. They all had custom jumpsuits so I'm betting they were full time guys on the crew or worked for the lighting company.
            No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• sadaist
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jul 2004

I wonder back in the 80's how much pussy & BJ's crew actually got.

VH needs hot women for their crew so I can offer my services for a backstage pass.
              “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• TJMKID
                Veteran
                • Mar 2004

Originally posted by sadaist
                I wonder back in the 80's how much pussy & BJ's crew actually got.

VH needs hot women for their crew so I can offer my services for a backstage pass.

Neil Zlozower often brags about how much pussy he got just being the photographer for VH ---- those were great times back then ---- the pussy supply was endless (much of it underage, too).

Comment

• DONNIEP
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Mar 2004

Originally posted by TJMKID
                  Neil Zlozower often brags about how much pussy he got just being the photographer for VH ---- those were great times back then ---- the pussy supply was endless (much of it underage, too).
                  Ahh, the good old days. Fast forward to 2012 and I'd be checkin' the IDs of every chick who made it backstage. 18 and up - no problem. 17 and under - somebody call this kid's parents! No, give ME the phone and I'll call her parents!
                  American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• Angel
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by DONNIEP
                    Ahh, the good old days. Fast forward to 2012 and I'd be checkin' the IDs of every chick who made it backstage. 18 and up - no problem. 17 and under - somebody call this kid's parents! No, give ME the phone and I'll call her parents!
                    When I was 17, a chick beside me got offered and refused. Of course I said I'll take it. The guy's response was "Sorry, hon. No jailbait".

Had you phoned my parents...they wouldn't have been surprised. Mind you, I wasn't living at home, or even in the same town, lol.

Sent from my BlackBerry 8520 using Tapatalk
                    "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• DONNIEP
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Angel
                      When I was 17, a chick beside me got offered and refused. Of course I said I'll take it. The guy's response was "Sorry, hon. No jailbait".

Had you phoned my parents...they wouldn't have been surprised. Mind you, I wasn't living at home, or even in the same town, lol.

Sent from my BlackBerry 8520 using Tapatalk
                      Hey, at least I would have tried to save you from yourself! And let's be real here, one phone call is about all I would have made. After that, it's time to hit the after-party.
                      American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

Working...