OH SHIT! Quiet Riot's US Festival performance will be released on DVD/CD!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BITEYOASS
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    • Jan 2004

OH SHIT! Quiet Riot's US Festival performance will be released on DVD/CD!

FUCK YEAH!!!

• ELVIS
    Banned
    • Dec 2003

They played here on the Bayou in the mid '90s and Cavazo used my Marshalls and offered to purchase my '73 Superlead because he liked how loud it was...

They sucked that night and Dubrow was a dickhead looking for drugs...

But Carlos was super cool and took me and my friend on the tour bus and showed us a few vintage guitars he had with him...

The DVD looks promising...

Comment

• DLR Bridge
      ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

I saw Ratt 2 or 3 years ago and Carlos Cavazo was in Robin Crosby's spot. He looked exactly the same as he did in this clip. Some people just never age.

Comment

• sadaist
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jul 2004

I tripped out a little when I first heard an interview with Carlos. I swear I always thought he would have a Mexican accent. I like him in Ratt though. I never ever like replacements in bands. Ever. But for some reason I think he fits perfect here & I actually like it.

RATT N ROLL
        “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Mr. Vengeance
          Full Member Status

• Nov 2004

I don't know why they don't just release the entire thing on DVD? Anyone my age would buy the thing.
          Stay Frosty, muthas!

Comment

• TJMKID
            Veteran
            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Mr. Vengeance
            I don't know why they don't just release the entire thing on DVD? Anyone my age would buy the thing.

From the various clips I've seen --- most bands sucked pretty bad at the '83 US Festival. Probably because it was 100F degrees for the entire weekend and people were more interested in avoiding heat stroke than enjoying the music.

Motley Crue even wrote in their autobiography it was one of the most embarrassing moments of their career.

Comment

• sadaist
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jul 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
              mid '90s.....

They sucked that night and Dubrow was a dickhead looking for drugs...

I saw them in that era too. I felt sad because their "tour bus" was a beat to shit Ford conversion van. I kid you not.

Anyways, a chick I worked with....her uncle owned the place they played. Decent concert gig in San Diego called 4th & B. She scored me 18 free tickets. I gathered everyone I could & their friends too....but still had a couple extra. I hung outside & grabbed a couple guys at the ticket window about to pay cash & handed them the free tix.

Good show though. Had fun.
              “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• ELVIS
                Banned
                • Dec 2003

They had a real rental RV/tour bus when they were here...

Dubrow probably snorted the little bit of money they made by the time they got to Cali...

Comment

• ELVIS
                  Banned
                  • Dec 2003

Originally posted by TJMKID
                  Motley Crue even wrote in their autobiography it was one of the most embarrassing moments of their career.
                  Because they fucking sucked live back in the day and the US Festival caught it on film...

They sound 1000 times better these days...

Comment

• sadaist
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Jul 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
                    Because they fucking sucked live back in the day and the US Festival caught it on film...

They sound 1000 times better these days...

They're going on tour with KISS. WTF? Seems like a superb pairing. But I've seen KISS & was severely disappointing. Maybe touring with Crue, who always has a great show, will force KISS to really step it up. Never been to a bad Crue show.

Was actually my 1st concert ever back in 85 or 86 Theater Of Pain tour with Loudness opening up. Awesome!

Comment

• Seshmeister
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

And that's sayin something...

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                        ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                        • Dec 2003

Originally posted by sadaist
                        They're going on tour with KISS. WTF? Seems like a superb pairing. But I've seen KISS & was severely disappointing. Maybe touring with Crue, who always has a great show, will force KISS to really step it up. Never been to a bad Crue show.
                        You obviously didn't see them on I think what was Crue Fest 2... They played the entire Dr. Feelgood, and it sucked balls....
                        Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Nitro Express
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Aug 2004

From the various clips I've seen --- most bands sucked pretty bad at the '83 US Festival. Probably because it was 100F degrees for the entire weekend and people were more interested in avoiding heat stroke than enjoying the music.

It was a long day. I don't so much remember the heat as I do getting sunburned and then when the sun went down it cooled down. When VH was playing I had the chills and did not feel good.

To be honest, I'm not so into these festival things. I would just rather go see a band at a regular venue and raise hell for two or three hours. Dragging it over three days and a bunch of bands just really doesn't work. To his credit Woz spent the money and did the planning to make the US Festival as much of a fun experience as possible.
                          Last edited by Nitro Express; 03-24-2012, 05:33 PM.
                          No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• BITEYOASS
                            ROTH ARMY ELITE
                            • Jan 2004

A stadium is the largest venue I would want to see a band play in. Mainly because of the bathrooms, no mud, shade nearby, and walking back to the car.

Comment

• TJMKID
                              Veteran
                              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                              To be honest, I'm not so into these festival things. I would just rather go see a band at a regular venue and raise hell for two or three hours. Dragging it over three days and a bunch of bands just really doesn't work. To his credit Woz spent the money and did the planning to make the US Festival as much of a fun experience as possible.

Now that I'm in my 40's ---- no way in hell I would attend a large festival. Standing all day in the sun or rain with no seats and overflowing Port-A-Johns doesnt sound like much fun to me. Let the young whipper-snappers put up with that shit ---- they aren't there for music anyway ---- just a chance to mosh and maybe grope some chicks.

Comment

Working...