No announcement yet.

Stand Your Ground Doesn't Equal Neighborhood (Death Squad) Watch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• By the time the anti-gunners get the guns banned they will be obsolete anyways. We will be carrying phazers by then. If you are on neighborhood watch duty, set your phazer to stun.
    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Originally posted by Nitro Express View Post
      By the time the anti-gunners get the guns banned
      Where is there even an effort underway to do this besides in gun-nuts' paranoid fantasies?
      Originally posted by conmee
      If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
      Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
      I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
      Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
      Originally posted by eddie78
      I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• Originally posted by jhale667 View Post
        Where is there even an effort underway to do this besides in gun-nuts' paranoid fantasies?
        I watched an in-depth documentary on this subject the other evening. The lengths that these zealots went to resulted in several sponsors (including the manufacturer of Red Wigglers fishing worms) to withdraw their sponsorship of the station. Finally, of all people, Mr. Carlson displayed the spine necessary to stand up to these lunatics, and sent them on their way. He certainly handled the situation in better form than that embarrassing Thanksgiving incident.

Oh wait a minute, that was a rerun of WKRP In Cincinnati, and the subject was religion. Damned alcohol, never mind.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
        ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

The UN gun ban treaty Hillary just agreed to. If it passes the senate we are there.
          No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

California.
            “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Trayvon Martin Witness Believes 'He Intended for This Kid to Die'
              ABC News By MATT GUTMAN and SENI TIENABESO | ABC News – 16 hrs ago

A closer look at the witness statements and audio testimony taken in the immediate aftermath Trayvon Martin's death provides the first insight into George Zimmerman's behavior after he shot the unarmed teen.

A man listed as witness 13 was one of the first people to approach Zimmerman minutes after the shooting. He saw him bleeding from the back of the head and nose. Zimmerman asked the unidentified man to call his wife for him.

"Let her know what's happening, been involved in a shooting and will be held for questioning," the witness told the Florida Department of Law Enforcement. "He was more like, talking like he was having a hard time, looked like he just got his butt whipped ... not like he was in shock, not like, 'I can't believe I just shot someone,' but like, 'Just tell my wife I just shot someone,' like it was nothing."

A woman identified as witness 5 walked out of her home after hearing the altercation to find Zimmerman standing over Martin's body. She said she asked him what was going on and he curtly said just, "Call the police."

The woman told police that Zimmerman, 28, examined Martin's body as he slowly paced back and forth when the police arrived. She watched as they checked the teen's body and turned him over, eventually starting CPR. But he was already dead for five or 10 minutes, she said.

"I do honestly feel that he intended for this kid to die," witness 5 told investigators. "If you're in self defense, shoot him in the leg. He's a 17-year-old, scrawny little kid. You get into a physical fight with him. ... I think the kid was running for help."

Zimmerman is charged with second degree murder for the Feb. 26 killing.

Martin was in Sanford, Fla., while serving a suspension from his Miami school for being caught with an empty marijuana bag. At the time of the shooting, he was staying at the home of his father's girlfriend. An autopsy found THC, the intoxicating chemical in marijuana, was in his system.

At 7:11 that night, Zimmerman, a member of the area's neighborhood watch, had called 911 to report a suspicious teenager. Minutes later, the police dispatcher told Zimmerman to stop follwing Martin. Moments later, Zimmerman got out of his car. That's when the two met and Martin was killed.

Zimmerman has claimed that when he shot the 6-foot, 160-pound teenager he was on his back and Martin was astride him pounding away.

The key problem facing investigators is an 80-second gap between the time Zimmerman hung up with police at 7:15 p.m. and when the first 911 calls from terrified neighbors began flooding in.

A man identified only as witness 6 told investigators that he heard a commotion coming from the walk behind his residence. He witnessed a black male wearing a dark-colored "hoodie" on top of a white or Hispanic male who was yelling for help.

Police said the witness elaborated by saying the black man was mounted on Zimmerman and throwing punches "MMA" style, meaning mixed martial arts style. The witness stated that the man on the ground yelled out for help.

Witness 6 said he was going to call for police when he heard the "pop" of Zimmerman's gun.

"When I looked down, I saw the person that was on top was laying in my grass in a sprawled position," witness said. "Saw another guy with his hands in the air, saying, 'The gun's on the ground, I shot this guy in self-defense.'"

Police said they believe Martin noticed he was being watched and "was in fact running generally in the direction of where he was staying as a guest of the neighborhood."

Multiple witnesses and injuries sustained corroborate Zimmerman's account that he was involved in a serious altercation with Martin, one that police say could have been avoided if he did not leave his car as directed by the 911dispatcher. The investigator said the tragedy was avoidable.

Witness 3 said the timing was terrible.

"I saw the police arrive. And they were literally like 5 seconds too late -- like right after the gun went off. Like, they were literally that, that, that short a distance late," the witness said.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nickdfresh View Post
                Trayvon Martin Witness Believes 'He Intended for This Kid to Die'
                ABC News

"I do honestly feel..."
                What these witnesses believe or feel likely won't be admissible in court.
                “If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush

Comment

http://www.vpc.org/studies/unsafe.htm
                  “If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush

Comment

• Originally posted by BigBadBrian View Post
                    What these witnesses believe or feel likely won't be admissible in court.
                    I think it's called testimony...

Comment

I think it's called testimony...

And shithead's perceived state of mind will be of interest in the case. From all accounts, he was NOT acting like some on flabbergasted as in "oh shit, I just shot someone", quite the opposite. He was in "Call the cops so I can go into C.Y.A." mode.
                      If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• Yeah, all the fucking idiots are trying to paint Zimmerman's actions as "self defense" now that it seems a fight actually took place. But there would have been no fight had Zimmerman not been stalking him in the first place, against the advice of law enforcement.

If anybody was acting in self-defense, it was Trayvon Martin.
                        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Originally posted by FORD View Post
                          Yeah, all the fucking idiots are trying to paint Zimmerman's actions as "self defense" now that it seems a fight actually took place. But there would have been no fight had Zimmerman not been stalking him in the first place, against the advice of law enforcement.

Exactly.

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• Originally posted by FORD View Post
                            Yeah, all the fucking idiots are trying to paint Zimmerman's actions as "self defense" now that it seems a fight actually took place. But there would have been no fight had Zimmerman not been stalking him in the first place, against the advice of law enforcement.

The bottom line is that the kid was shot at 'intermediate range.' Zimmerman is fucked...

Comment

The bottom line is that the kid was shot at 'intermediate range.' Zimmerman is fucked...
                              = 2" to 18". He had a gun powder burn. Zimmerman will walk & riots will ensue.
                              “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Autopsy report reveals Trayvon Martin was shot at ‘intermediate range’

An autopsy report released to the public Wednesday shows Trayvon Martin, the Florida teen who was shot and killed by neighborhood watch volunteer George Zimmerman, was shot at "intermediate range."

The report shows Trayvon's gunshot wound is consistent with a wound of entrance at intermediate range, which many believe conflicts with Zimmerman's account of what happened the night of the shooting.
                                View slideshow: Autopsy report reveals Trayvon Martin was shot at ‘intermediate range’

HLN’s Jane Velez-Mitchell invited experts, including a forensic consultant, to weigh in Thursday on what ‘intermediate range’ means and found their answers varied greatly from three inches, to 12 inches, to 18 inches, to three feet.

The consensus, Velez-Mitchell said, is Trayvon Martin was shot anywhere from a few inches to three feet away from George Zimmerman.

George Zimmerman reportedly told police that Trayvon was the aggressor, and that Trayvon punched him, knocked him down, and beat his head into the ground causing him to shoot and kill Trayvon Martin in self-defense.

Velez-Mitchell posed the question: If Trayvon was on top of Zimmerman, how could the gun fire be several inches away, let alone several feet away?

Forensic consultant Mike Knox explained that when a pistol is fired there will be some type of gunshot residue. He said there would be particles of partially burned and unburned powder as well as soot from the combustion that comes from the firearm.

Knox said the residue is deposited around the wound. Based on the gunshot residue, the pathologist is able to tell that the gun was not in contact with the skin. At intermediate range, the gun would be fired at least several inches away and would be close enough to deposit the soot, the stippling, and the gun shot particle.

Read autopsy report showing "intermediate range"

Velez-Mitchell asked Knox how far away could the shot have been fired and still be considered “intermediate range.” Knox said that with most firearms, such as the 9mm Zimmerman used to kill Trayvon, about three feet would be the maximum distance. Knox said gunshot residue would not be present on the body if the gun was shot a distance of more than three feet away.

Knox confirmed distant-range means there is no presence of any type of gunshot residue, meaning the gun would have been shot from a distance greater than three feet, and close-range means the gun was touching the victim's body.

The information provided by Knox conflicts somewhat with information on the Forensics-Medicine.info website that reads:

In forensics there are four types of gunshot wound:

Contact wound - the muzzle of the gun was applied to the skin at the time of the shooting;
                                Close Range - the muzzle of the gun was six to eight inches away from the skin at the time of the shooting;
                                Intermediate Range - the gun was eight inches to 3.5 feet away; and
                                Distant Range - the gun was over 3.4 feet away at the time of the shooting.

At Examiner.com™ we help you excel personal finance, boost income, invest wisely, travel smart, reach financial freedom faster, and enjoy life on a budget.

Comment

Working...
                                X