X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Catfish
    Sniper
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
    The Grand Old Party turned into Gagging On Pricks (GOP). It's full of a bunch of dickheads that make us gag.
    This thread is a bunch of liberals gagging on each others' pricks! It's hilarious!

Comment

• kwame k
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Feb 2008

Originally posted by gbranton
      But I just linked to 23 Senators and Representatives that were elected to Congress and the House during that time. Most all were from southern states, so somebody down here and not up there was voting for them and you can bet it WASN'T southern Democrats.

Sure......I could see a huge swing to Repukes during that time in the South. With blacks and the influx of people taking over the government from the Rebels, it would certainly have been a time of transition from prewar to postwar party affiliation, with the Repukes taking over.
      Originally posted by vandeleur
      E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• kwame k
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Feb 2008

Originally posted by Catfish
        This thread is a bunch of liberals gagging on each others' pricks! It's hilarious!
        E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• Nitro Express
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Catfish
          What's even more hilarious is someone on another VH site said the Roth Army was full of a bunch of angry communists.
          No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

I just see it is there is a big red white and blue dick fucking us all up the ass everyday. Some people enjoy it and some people don't.
            Last edited by Nitro Express; 03-28-2012, 06:01 PM.

Comment

• gbranton
              Veteran
              • Aug 2005

Originally posted by kwame k
              Seems to me the fact they were Repukes was just a byproduct.....what black in their right mind wouldn't be a Repuke considering Lincoln freed them.
              By the way, Lincoln did not like black people. Though he signed the Emancipation Proclamation, he wanted to send tem all back to Africa or put them all on an island in the Caribbean.

What he REALLY fought the Civil War for was to preserve the Union.

"My paramount object in this struggle is to save the Union, and is not either to save or to destroy slavery. If I could save the Union without freeing any slave I would do it, and if I could save it by freeing all the slaves I would do it; and if I could save it by freeing some and leaving others alone I would also do that. What I do about slavery, and the colored race, I do because I believe it helps to save the Union; and what I forbear, I forbear because I do not believe it would help to save the Union." - Abraham Lincoln, August 22, 1862.
              "Don't want 'em to get you goat, don't show 'em where it's hid." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Nitro Express
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

By the way, Lincoln did not like black people. Though he signed the Emancipation Proclamation, he wanted to send tem all back to Africa or put them all on an island in the Caribbean.

"My paramount object in this struggle is to save the Union, and is not either to save or to destroy slavery. If I could save the Union without freeing any slave I would do it, and if I could save it by freeing all the slaves I would do it; and if I could save it by freeing some and leaving others alone I would also do that. What I do about slavery, and the colored race, I do because I believe it helps to save the Union; and what I forbear, I forbear because I do not believe it would help to save the Union." - Abraham Lincoln, August 22, 1862.
                I watched a program on how to fix the banking system. Lincoln's issuing of green backs was used as an example. Lincoln had to finance the war and he went to the New York bankers. They were already waiting for him but when Lincoln heard the obscene interest rates they were demanding he return to Washington depressed. He then got the wise idea to issue green back currency through the Treasury. It was a successful program. Currently our the tax payer has to pay interest to the Federal Reserve Bank and then pays more interest to the private banks who issue it in the form of loans. Lincoln's green back was interest free and as long as the government didn't print too many and accepted them as payment of taxes, you had a working monetary system better than any central bank. It's what we need to go back to. It worked.

Why Lincoln wanted to preserve the union came up in this program. I never quite got it. The southern states had the legal right to succeed the union so why not let them go? Lincoln knew if the union divided the European powers would invade and take over. Bismark in Germany knew this and he knew the dangers of turning a country's money supply over to private central banks. Apparently the British had moved troops into Canada and the French moved troops into Mexico and would have moved in if the union had split. Saving the union kept Europe out.

The civil war was never about slavery. The freeing of the slaves was a nice bonus because of it. I think we should have made it available for free slaves to return to Africa if they choose to do so and made every effort to reunite them with their family members there. The government could have also set up some co-ops that the slaves could own to help them transition into a free system instead of doing nothing and letting them fare for themselves. Doing nothing created problems that lasted over 100 years.
                Last edited by Nitro Express; 03-28-2012, 06:19 PM.

Comment

• kwame k
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Feb 2008

I know all that.......as a matter of fact, when we had a rank the Presidents thread here I stated the exact same thing.

I'm talking more about how during reconstruction many of the established leaders......State and local were taken out of their jobs because of their support of the Southern cause. The new leaders were more in tune with the Repukes by default.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

I think today the Democratic Party and Republican Party exist only to fool people into thinking they have a choice. Both pretty much serve the same corporate interests now. To many people in both parties like money.

Comment

• gbranton
                      Veteran
                      • Aug 2005

Why Lincoln wanted to preserve the union came up in this program. I never quite got it. The southern states had the legal right to succeed the union so why not let them go? Lincoln knew if the union divided the european powers would invade and take over.
                      States did and technically still do have the right to succeed. It was protectionism for Nothern manufacturers. The southern states leaving the union would have had a devasating effect on the North's economy, as many essental goods such as cotton and tobacco came from the South. Factories would have been idled, unemployment would have been rampant and the North's economy could very well have collapsed. Lincoln relied on heavy contributions from manufacturers and the railroad industry, who needed to keep the Union intact in order to keep their businesses running, many think he gave in to that pressure to preserve the Union.
                      Last edited by gbranton; 03-28-2012, 06:30 PM.
                      "Don't want 'em to get you goat, don't show 'em where it's hid." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Nitro Express
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

You aren't going to grow cotton and sugar cane north of the mason dixon line. So yeah that probably was one reason as well. Follow the money.
                        Last edited by Nitro Express; 03-28-2012, 06:36 PM.

Comment

• gbranton
                          Veteran
                          • Aug 2005

I think today the Democratic Party and Republican Party exist only to fool people into thinking they have a choice. Both pretty much serve the same corporate interests now. To many people in both parties like money.
                          I don't think they serve the SAME corpoate intersts entirely. There is some overlap, but Repubs are more cloesly aligned with the military industrial complex, which explains their affinity for being the world police and their zeal to bring "freedom" to everyone who has the resorces to pay for weapons, while the Dems are in the pockets of those selling carbon credits and the like, which explains them throwing away money on non-sustainable "green" technology and the EPA.

Comment

• gbranton
                            Veteran
                            • Aug 2005

I'm talking more about how during reconstruction many of the established leaders......State and local were taken out of their jobs because of their support of the Southern cause. The new leaders were more in tune with the Repukes by default.
                            Good point, but people still had to vote for them, they were't running unopposed.

Comment

• gbranton
                              Veteran
                              • Aug 2005

I know all that.......as a matter of fact, when we had a rank the Presidents thread here I stated the exact same thing.
                              I PERSONALLY wouldn't rank him too highly. He suspended Habius Corpus, then issued an arrest warrant for a Supreme Court Chief Justice when he correctly ruled that according to Article I of the Constitution, only Congress, not the president, could suspend the Great Writ of Habeas Corpus. He jailed newpaper editors who dared disagree with him, turned the US Army on it's own citizens in placs like New York City to quash protests and then put tens of tousands of them in prison. He put captured Confederate soldiers into prison camps where thousand died of hunger, disease and exposure.

Comment

• sadaist
                                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                                • Jul 2004

Originally posted by jhale667

Oh, and die in a fire, Catsh*t!

Catfish + fire = yummy fish fry
                                “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

Working...