Quote Originally Posted by MUSICMANN View Post
Like i said, would this have made national news if Zimmerman would have ended up the victim and the teen runs away in the night , with nobody knowing what had happened.
Not the same situation, Zimmerman had a gun, the kid had Skittles...

I can use personal experience, not first hand, but a cousin in my family, that shot a illegal Mexican that was banging on his door at 2:00 in the morning. My cousin said he clearly shouted at the guy to leave and get off his property, but the dude didn't. He kept trying to get in the house. Now my cousin had a choice, he could have fled out the back door and called the police while getting as far away as possible, or do what he did. Went out the back door, dude up front trying to get in, my cousin approaches him, the dude turns around and my cousin shoots him dead with a shotgun. He never went to jail and was cleared of any wrong doing.
Sounds almost hypothetically implausible, but okay: the guy was on his property, again not even a remotely similar situation. Your cousin has a right to defend his property and family. Why exactly he'd do an "end-around" I don't know...

My point being, that was a, in the moment situation and not a premeditated one. The same can be said about this right here. Now that the story is becoming clearer, it definitely seems like it was a, in the moment confrontation where you had one armed individual that felt his life was being threatened in that moment in time.
Um, the kid was on a public street and not trying to enter anyones' property. Maybe your cousin can go out and accost people then shoot them based on poor judgement?

Why did the teen approach Zimmerman and starting beating him down. He didn't know Zimmerman from Santa Claus and surely didn't think far enough ahead that he could be possibly confronting another person that might have a weapon. The right thing he should have done was run away but he didn't. He took a chance and paid for it with his life. In this day and age, you just never know what people will do in stressed situation. You don't know if their armed or drugged out or just fucking crazy. You know the old saying, don't bring a knife to a gunfight, but really if all you have is your fist and you don't know if the other person has a knife or gun, it's best to run.
Um, Zimmerman approached him. Everything afterward is based on Zimmerman's unquestionably biased account of what happened next...