Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nitro Express
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

I'm pretty much of the opinion unless you are there you are just getting someone's story and that someone has an agenda.
    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• ELVIS
      Banned
      • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Nitro Express
      I'm pretty much of the opinion unless you are there you are just getting someone's story and that someone has an agenda.
      That's putting it nicely...

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
        ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
        • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Nitro Express
        They spouted assumptions without knowing the facts.
        Got 16 pages worth of it here, buddy....
        Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• ELVIS
          Banned
          • Dec 2003

Not from me...

Comment

• Nitro Express
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
            Got 16 pages worth of it here, buddy....
            You could randomly hire anyone out of here and probably get better talent that what's producing the news today.
            No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• ELVIS
              Banned
              • Dec 2003

Good evening, I'm ELVIS and here's the news...

Comment

• ELVIS
                Banned
                • Dec 2003

Man, 78, beaten by teens: 'This is for Trayvon'...

It was six against one.

Six juveniles -- the youngest 11, and the oldest 17 -- nearly boxed in Dallas Watts, a 78-year-old man from East Toledo.

Mr. Watts was on his way home from the nearby Gas Express Mart at Starr Avenue and White Street about 4:45 p.m. Saturday when the boys approached him.

One pointed at Mr. Watts and said, "take him down," the victim recounted in an interview Monday.

Mr. Watts, carrying home two small bags of pork rinds to dole out as treats to his three dachshunds, looked at the youth and said, "Why you picking on me?" Mr. Watts recalled. "Remember Trayvon. Why you picking on me?"

The boy, again, allegedly told his friends to "take him down."

Toledo police charged two children -- the 11-year-old and a 17-year-old -- with robbery, Sgt. Roy Kennedy said.

The boys on Monday were ordered held in detention at the Lucas County Juvenile Justice Center, prosecutor Lori Olender said.

The 17-year-old also faces a felonious assault charge from an unrelated shooting, Ms. Olender said. The teen allegedly shot Mark Bolling, 24, in the 600 block of Leonard Street in East Toledo on March 18.

Mr. Watts said one of the boys delivered a single blow to the back of his head during the incident Saturday, knocking the victim to the ground.

At one point, the victim recalled being lifted from the ground so one of the boys could "drop-kick" him in the chest.

One boy, he said, put his foot on the back of the victim's neck, with another shouting, "Kill him."

While Mr. Watts was down the boys kicked him, over and over, shouting, "[Get] that white [man]. This is for Trayvon ... Trayvon lives, white [man]. Kill that white [man]," according to a police report.

The boys fled when a man shouted at them, according to the report.

Mr. Watts said it's possible the assault was retribution for the death of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin, who was fatally shot by George Zimmerman, a Neighborhood Watch captain in Sanford, Fla., on Feb. 26. Mr. Zimmerman has said he fired in self-defense and has not been charged with any crime.

For investigators, it's unclear whether the assault was motivated by an attempt to avenge the Martin youth's death or whether Mr. Watts' "Remember Trayvon" message was misinterpreted as threatening or racist.

"It's still up in the air who started the verbal confrontation," Sergeant Kennedy said, adding that stories given by the suspect and the victim conflict and the investigation is ongoing.

When asked about the Trayvon remarks, Mr. Watts said, "All I meant by saying 'remember Trayvon' is to remember what happened to him, don't duplicate it here," suggesting that he was minding his own business as he walked home.

"The only reason I mentioned Trayvon, that was my defense," Mr. Watts said. "Don't pick on me. I am not your enemy."

The assault occurred only a few hours after a peaceful rally, near the Thurgood Marshall Building, 420 E. Manhattan Blvd., to show support for the Martin family.

At his home Monday, Mr. Watts said he has never allowed weapons inside and that when his four children were growing up, they were not allowed to play "cops and robbers, to kill the Indians."

During the Vietnam War, Mr. Watts, who served in the military from 1950 to 1961, refused to let his boys play GI Joes.

There would be no more killing, he said.

But now, Mr. Watts says he plans to buy a gun and obtain a permit to carry it.

"What happened to me … down here on the corner, that changed my perspective on humanity," Mr. Watts said.

Comment

• Jesus Christ
                  Veteran
                  • Jan 2004

On this anniversary of the night that I was taken into Roman custody and was subjected to extreme violence at their hands (and at Herod's) it saddens Me to know that so many of My children still hath not learned the lesson.

Trayvon Martin would not have wanted this. Martin Luther King would not have wanted this. I do not want this.

Jesus wept......

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

NBC: George Zimmerman to be charged in Trayvon Martin case

From MSNBC.com

According to officials, authorities will pursue some type of criminal charges against George Zimmerman in the Trayvon Martin case. NBC's Pete Williams report.
                    By Pete Williams, NBC News, and M. Alex Johnson, msnbc.com

Updated at 4 p.m. ET: The special prosecutor in the Trayvon Martin case will announce criminal charges against George Zimmerman on Wednesday, a law enforcement official told NBC News.

The nature of the charges wasn't immediately known, the official told NBC News Justice Department correspondent Pete Williams, speaking on condition of anonymity. But because Angela Corey — the special prosecutor appointed by Florida Gov. Rick Scott to re-examine the case — previously announced that she wouldn't take the case to a grand jury, first-degree murder is not an option.

Corey's office confirmed that a news conference would be at 6 p.m. ET in Jacksonville, Fla.

Authorities in Sanford, Fla. — where Zimmerman, 28, a neighborhood watch volunteer, shot Martin, 17, on Feb. 26 — began preparing for public reaction to the announcement from Corey. Several counties in the region activated their emergency operations centers and were on heightened alert, NBC News' Kerry Sanders reported from Sanford, while Seminole County sheriff's deputies spent Wednesday morning setting up barricades along the booking area for new inmates at the county jail, NBC station WESH of Orlando reported.

Stephanie Gosk, Dave Forman, Michael Kosnar and Mariam Masri of NBC News; Miranda Leitsinger of msnbc.com; and NBC station WESH of Orlando, Fla., contributed to this report by Pete Williams of NBC News and M. Alex Johnson of msnbc.com. Follow M. Alex Johnson on Twitter and Facebook.

Martin's father, Tracy Martin, said he was looking forward to Corey's announcement.

"It's 44 days later, and George Zimmerman is still walking free," Martin said at a news conference during a meeting of the National Action Network in Washington. "It's 44 days later, and my son is in a mausoleum."

(The National Action Network is a project of the Rev. Al Sharpton, host of MSNBC-TV's "PoliticsNation," who has played a prominent role in advocating for charges against Zimmerman.)

Tracy Martin, Trayvon Martin's father, thanks supporters and vows he won't let his son's death "be in vain."

Benjamin Crump, the attorney for Martin's parents, urged people to "remain peaceful" after the expected announcement.

Zimmerman, whose father is white and whose mother is Peruvian, says he shot Martin, who was black, in self-defense after following him in a gated community in Sanford. Police questioned Zimmerman but decided against pressing charges.

The lack of an arrest or charges has sparked protests nationwide, with critics alleging that Zimmerman confronted Martin because of his race. Zimmerman's supporters deny that.

Corey said Tuesday that she wouldn't convene a grand jury probe. That announcement came before Zimmerman's attorneys said they had lost touch with their client and were withdrawing from the case.

A federal civil rights investigation is also under way, but U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder said Wednesday that the Justice Department had to meet a "high bar" to bring any charges.

The main federal role is to "support the state in its ongoing investigation," Holder told reporters Wednesday morning in Washington. At the same time, he said, the Justice Department is conducting its "own thorough and parallel investigation" to try to resolve the case "in as fair and complete a way and as quickly as we can."

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Jul 2004

Am I the only one who thinks he may have gone on the lam?

Could be why is attorneys quit.
                      Originally posted by Kristy
                      Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
                      Originally posted by cadaverdog
                      I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• FORD
                        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Yeah, I can just see this ending in another "White Bronco chase" moment, with the arrest of this racist murdering douchebag turned into a major media event.
                        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Jul 2004

He'll take the cowards way out.....self inflicted gunshot wound to the head in some Days Inn....

Originally posted by Kristy
                          Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
                          Originally posted by cadaverdog
                          I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• FORD
                            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

...and all the white supremacists currently raising money for his legal defense will start rumors about how a "ni**er conspiracy" killed him.
                            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Jagermeister
                              Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

That's the second story I read on this today. Someone was suppose to do a press conference on this not leak it to the press.

Comment

• jhale667
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Aug 2004

Originally posted by LoungeMachine
                                Am I the only one who thinks he may have gone on the lam?

Could be why is attorneys quit.

They admitted they have no idea where he is. Totally agree about him taking the coward's way out... Looks like Scum Hannity is going to be forced to testify now too...
                                Originally posted by conmee
                                If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                                Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                                I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                                Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                                Originally posted by eddie78
                                I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

Working...