X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nickdfresh
    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Stand Your Ground Doesn't Equal Neighborhood (Death Squad) Watch

Even Jeb Bush thinks this guy is a murdering piece of shit...

Jeb Bush: Stand Your Ground defense not valid in teen's death
    7:56 PM, Mar. 23, 2012

Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush says the “Stand Your Ground” law he signed shouldn’t protect a neighborhood watch captain who hasn’t been arrested in the shooting death of an unarmed teenager.

Bush spoke Friday at the University of Texas at Arlington, just outside Dallas. He told reporters afterward that the Florida law doesn’t apply in the incident that left 17-year-old Trayvon Martin dead. He says, “Stand your ground means stand your ground. It doesn’t mean chase after somebody who’s turned their back.”

The Dallas Morning News reports (http://dallasne.ws/GWMtOK ) that Bush, who signed the law in 2005, called Martin’s death a tragedy.

George Zimmerman shot and killed Martin in Sanford in February. Martin was walking back to the home of his father’s fiance.

Zimmerman says he acted in self-defense.
  • jhale667
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

"Stand your ground" does not mean "stalk and shoot". I find it infuriating that people (particularly one fucktard from the NRA) are trying to suggest that since Martin apparently fearful he was under attack, punched Zimmerman, thus "giving up his rights" and somehow deserving the application of lethal force! If some weirdo started following me home from the store I'd probably punch them too! Such bullshit - Zimmerman is clearly the aggressor and the one in the wrong here...those skittles weren't a WMD...
    Originally posted by conmee
    If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
    Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
    I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
    Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
    Originally posted by eddie78
    I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• Kristy
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by jhale667
      "Stand your ground" does not mean "stalk and shoot". I find it infuriating that people (particularly one fucktard from the NRA) are trying to suggest that since Martin apparently fearful he was under attack, punched Zimmerman, thus "giving up his rights" and somehow deserving the application of lethal force! If some weirdo started following me home from the store I'd probably punch them too! Such bullshit - Zimmerman is clearly the aggressor and the one in the wrong here...those skittles weren't a WMD...
      This goes beyond that in the sense where it took place - within a gated community where such elements of cloaked racism exist. For example, my roommate works at a hospital and last summer she and I went to a private party held by some lame doctor within such an environment and I can tell you for fact these people said the most vile, disgusting and disturbing racist jokes I've ever heard. I left early as a result. Now enter Zimmerman who was more or less a hired goon for such people. Was he being paid anything extra to keep out blacks and other undesirables? Ironic since Zimmerman is half Hispanic himself. The police department in this Florida shithole seem to be about as indifferent as it gets claiming Zimmerman had a right to "defend himself" for being pushed. Typical corrupt cop mentality most likely counting their blessing they patrol a gated community rather than place where they may actually have to do their fucking job. And of course it's murder, and of course the police feign ignorance claiming they "did not know" Zimmerman had a permit to carry a concealed weapon and really, who is in charge of screening such people for either racial or mental issues they may have? To me they are just as guilty when charges become filed - and they will come.

Some good news is that Zimmerman was kicked out of his shitty Seminole State College because the Dean there is smart enough to know he doesn't want this murdering douchebag anywhere near the campus. Maybe he can get some of his tuition money back and think about hiring a lawyer. Again, Zimmerman is a goon. I myself own a 9mm and know quite well the damage it can do to another defenseless human being; it has no place in a gated neighborhood watch program.
      Last edited by Kristy; 03-24-2012, 01:09 PM.

Comment

• FORD
        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Jeb signed this piece of shit law into place, so he should take some of the blame. As should the KKKoch Brothers, whose lobbying group ALEC wrote it. And the NRA bastards who lobbied for it. And let's not leave out hate radio shitheads like Neal Boortz, who said on the air that he wanted to see streets "littered with dead thugs".

Or in other words, pretty much the entire right wing establishment should take the hit for this. And Zimmerman's racist ass needs to be in prison. If this rancid son of a bitch is not convicted of premeditated murder, I'm willing to bet that Florida (and probably other places) will break out in riots that make LA 1992 look like a Mormon church picnic, by comparison.
        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• chefcraig
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Apr 2004

While I find it totally unacceptable for sociopath nitwits to actively stalk and gun down people that they "believe" to be a threat to them (which pretty much legalizes cold-blooded murder), I do not see how a law that allows one the freedom of shooting the living shit out of some "self-entitled-to-your-stuff" asshole in your own home needs to be repealed.

Was this a case of the former, or did this kid make a habit out of harassing the shooter everyday for the past 5 years or so by knocking on his door or windows, just to be annoying? Trust me, I've lived in enough apartments to know that children can be incredibly moronic pains in the ass over a perceived slight, and will do such things daily out of habit. Possibly the shooter finally had enough.

Not that the decision justifies the outcome. It was totally senseless, and to wrap one's self up in a defense of "fearing for my life" is utter bullshit. By the same token, eradicating a law that allows you to protect yourself and your property from some pieces of shit too lazy or undereducated enough to get a job, yet feel they have a privileged and inalienable right to steal your stuff is just plain bonkers. This case has been botched by incompetence and stupidity from the beginning. I mean come on, if the boneheads playing for the Miami Heat can see this, you know for sure it's a colossal fuck-up.

But it's always the same tired scene on the television: After some craphead that had a lengthy police record for crimes like theft, larceny, car-stealing, drug trafficking or rape is shot dead somewhere, we immediately see the weeping mother ("My baby is an Angel! He do no wrong!") and outraged relatives demanding justice. Ummm, where is the justice for the victims of their now-dead brother's efforts?

Sorry if that sounds harsh friends and neighbors, but it's a harsh fucking world today. And come the time you yourself become a victim of senseless, self-entitled crime by some knuckle-dragging asshole, you'll agree with me. I'm not saying "Kill 'em all and let God sort 'em out." But I am saying that if some dogshit crosses your path or enters your home, threatening you, your family and/or all you have busted your ass to attain, you should have the complete freedom to plant their face on the sidewalk with a good, steady aim.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
          ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Kristy
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by FORD
            And Zimmerman's racist ass needs to be in prison. If this rancid son of a bitch is not convicted of premeditated murder.
            I agree. Even though he won't survive the first day being there.

Which really isn't a bad thing.

Comment

• FORD
              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Yeah, that's true. He won't make any friends in prison. Usually shooting a black kid in cold blood would probably guarantee you a pass from the "Aryan Brotherhood" prison gangs, but if you're a half-Cuban with a Jewish last name, probably not.
              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Unchainme
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Apr 2005

Wasn't there a guy who killed jeffrey dahmer and this other guy who tried to pin the death of his wife on black kids, but it turns out it was him,?

can't help but think this would happen here as well.
                Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

• Nitro Express
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

The shooter looks kind of like Chaz Bono.

Just give your security guard a big bottle of Pepe Sanchez super duper hot pepper spray. That way if he fucks up the worst that can happen is someone rolls on the ground in agonizing pain but they are still alive.

I think the people who should be shot are the political fucks who will make a bad situation worse and fan the flames for their own political agendas.
                  Last edited by Nitro Express; 03-24-2012, 03:05 PM.
                  No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• FORD
                    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Dahmer got killed most likely because some of the guys he invited over for dinner were underage. Even convicts hate pedophiles. One of the kiddie diddler priests met a similar fate.
                    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• ODShowtime
                      ROCKSTAR

• Jun 2004

I'll tell you one thing. I'm staying the FUCK out of my neighbors yards! I am now afraid to be aggressive with anyone for any reason; they can just blast me and that's it.

The story of the one guy who almost died from a stand-your-ground case who now lives in Hawaii is terrifying. He got into an argument with his neighbor and got wasted. The guy stood over him calling him names while he bled and never even called 9-11. To this day the shooter says the guy got what he deserved. I hate everyone and all of that but damn that's cold blooded. I know there are thousands of people around me who would kill me and not think twice. Florida is crazy man. But it's nice out.
                      gnaw on it

Comment

• Nitro Express
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

Even in Wyoming if you shoot someone outside of your home you have a bunch of legal problems. If you shoot an invader inside your home it's different. Lawmakers know there are lot's of businesses to rob and the type of criminal who enters homes is usually looking for something else besides just loot. Once you are outside you are in a whole new realm. I always figured if my life was in danger dealing with the legal system would be better than being dead. You only shoot if it's life threatening and you have no escape. It's the last resort.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Aug 2004

I really don't see why this story is getting the coverage it is. Kids get shot all the time. Sadly. I guess it's not your typical gang shooting or even school shooting. Someone has a political agenda to push with this one because of where it happened.

Comment

• chi-town324
                            Crazy Ass Mofo
                            • Feb 2007

here in Chicago a 6 year old little girl was shot and killed accidentally last week by a gang member who's aim was off. Just as tragic if not more. But its was a black on black crime...somehow we are all( every race) just more accepting of that..which is just so wrong.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                              SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                              Even in Wyoming if you shoot someone outside of your home you have a bunch of legal problems. If you shoot an invader inside your home it's different. Lawmakers know there are lot's of businesses to rob and the type of criminal who enters homes is usually looking for something else besides just loot. Once you are outside you are in a whole new realm. I always figured if my life was in danger dealing with the legal system would be better than being dead. You only shoot if it's life threatening and you have no escape. It's the last resort.
                              Maybe the most sensible thing you've ever posted...

Comment

Working...