Stand Your Ground Doesn't Equal Neighborhood (Death Squad) Watch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Nitro Express View Post
    One of my favorite movies. What's ironic is the movie made fun of racism to show how stupid it was.
    I love that it's the point of the whole movie, Bart outsmarts them all and save the day for the town of Rock Ridge. I think Pryor wrote a great script and I think Rich may be the funniest man who ever lived but I'm not sure anybody on the planet could have played Bart better than Clevon Little.

Mel Brooks said he would go missing for a couple of days at the time frequently during the writing of the script. I recently read Rich's autobiography "Pryor Convictions" and he talks about it as well. It's an interesting book if you are a fan.
    Last edited by gbranton; 03-29-2012, 11:18 PM.
    "Don't want 'em to get you goat, don't show 'em where it's hid." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Cleavon Little did a great job in that movie, but just based on how Richard Pryor and Gene Wilder worked together in later films, I would have loved to have seen those two working together in Blazing Saddles.
      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• I watched Silver Streak a few weeks ago. This scene always cracks me up.

No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Originally posted by gbranton View Post
          A close friend or confidant? Not likely.

"I have no purpose to introduce political and social equality between the white and black races. There is a physical difference between the two, which, in my judgment, will probably forever forbid their living together upon the footing of perfect equality; and inasmuch as it becomes a necessity that there must be a difference, I, as well as Judge Douglas, am in the favor of the race to which I belong having the superior position. I have never said anything to the contrary." -- Abraham Lincoln, "Lincoln's Reply to Douglas, Ottawa, Illinois, August 21, 1858," in "Abraham Lincoln: His Speeches and Writings, ed. Roy P. Basler (New York: Da Capo Press, 1990), p. 445

"I will say, then, that I am not nor have ever been in favor of bringing about in any way the social and political equality of the black and white races---that I am not, nor ever have been, in favor of making voters or jurors of negroes, nor of qualifying them to hold office, nor to intermarry with White people; and I will say in addition to this that there is a physical difference between the White and black races which will ever forbid the two races living together on terms of social and political equality. And inasmuch as they cannot so live, while they do remain together, there must be the position of superior and inferior, and I, as much as any other man, am in favor of having the superior position assigned to the White race." -- Abraham Lincoln, "Fourth Lincoln-Douglas Debate, September 18, 1858, Charleston, Illinois," in "Abraham Lincoln: Speeches and Writings" (New York: Library of America, 1989), p. 636, and in Collected Works of Abraham Lincoln, Volume 5, page 371

No, the Union was destroyed over the issueS of state's rights, social and economic differences AND slavery. But as you said slavery was going away regardless.

Um, you're citing shit that predated the Civil War by three years. The "states rights" is a code word for slavery, which would be the essence of economic differences...

Comment

Comment

• If you're an opponent of inter-racial marriage, Elvis, then you are a racist.

Not being a racist would be allowing everyone the same rights and treating them all equally.

Also, using 'homo' and 'fag' as insults is a sign of homophobia, which is as bad as racism in my book. Love is love.
              The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
                Fuck you, bitch!
                Oh, and that's sexist.

(and un-Christian, but you already knew that )
                The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• Originally posted by FORD View Post
                  Well, it would certainly be a huge step in the correct direction, would it not?

I remember at one time you said you were dating a "hottie black nurse". You obviously thought she was good enough to fuck, so why wouldn't she be (at least potentially) good enough to marry?
                  How can you forget ELVIS going crazy on here back in the day when he discovered the hottie was actually a coal miner called Wayne?

Of course that was back when he was still drinking...

Comment

• Every time a white woman fucks a black man, God kills a kitten.
                    “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Originally posted by jhale667 View Post
                      It's an example, f***tard.
                      As someone who's been banned in the past for racist BS here, you're part of the problem, you should probably STFU.
                      Did you give up cursing for lent ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Nickdfresh View Post
                        The "states rights" is a code word for slavery.
                        Hahahahahahahahaahaahaahaahaahaahahaa...

Who told you that, some liberal college professor, or did you make it up...

LMAO!

Comment

• Originally posted by binnie View Post
                          If you're an opponent of inter-racial marriage, Elvis, then you are a racist.

You should change your username to Frothy. He likes to tell people what to think and believe...

Not being a racist would be allowing everyone the same rights and treating them all equally.

Then we should abolish institutions that cater to people of color like the NAACP, the ACLU, Affirmative Action and Planed Parenthood...

Also, using 'homo' and 'fag' as insults is a sign of homophobia, which is as bad as racism in my book.

Your book is obviously shallow and bigoted, fag...

Love is love.

No, God is Love...and it is in writing...

Comment

• Is it a form of racism that I prefer Boxers and think they are better than any other breed?
                            “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Boxers over briefs ??

Comment

• Originally posted by sadaist View Post
                                Is it a form of racism that I prefer Boxers and think they are better than any other breed?
                                I dunno...after several repeated days of having to wear uncomfortable, ill-fitting pants for 9-14 hours at a clip with a shirt tucked into them along with a tie, I prefer briefs. This does lead to irritation and a considerable amount of frustration, however.

Peter Gibbons: He's going to ask me to work on Sunday and I'm going to do it, because I'm a pussy, which is why I work at Initech in the first place.
                                Michael Bolton: Hey, I work at Initech and I don't consider myself a pussy.
                                Samir: Yes, I am also not a pussy.

Last edited by chefcraig; 03-30-2012, 10:10 AM.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                                ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

Working...
                                X