DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 02:53 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,991 Times in 3,230 Posts

Blog Entries
    By the time the anti-gunners get the guns banned they will be obsolete anyways. We will be carrying phazers by then. If you are on neighborhood watch duty, set your phazer to stun.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Cunning Linguist
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-07-2016 @ 01:20 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,110 Times in 2,874 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Express View Post
    By the time the anti-gunners get the guns banned
    Where is there even an effort underway to do this besides in gun-nuts' paranoid fantasies?
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-01-2017 @ 12:20 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,052 Times in 2,583 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jhale667 View Post
    Where is there even an effort underway to do this besides in gun-nuts' paranoid fantasies?
    I watched an in-depth documentary on this subject the other evening. The lengths that these zealots went to resulted in several sponsors (including the manufacturer of Red Wigglers fishing worms) to withdraw their sponsorship of the station. Finally, of all people, Mr. Carlson displayed the spine necessary to stand up to these lunatics, and sent them on their way. He certainly handled the situation in better form than that embarrassing Thanksgiving incident.

Oh wait a minute, that was a rerun of WKRP In Cincinnati, and the subject was religion. Damned alcohol, never mind.

4. Thanked chefcraig for this KICKASS post:

jhale667 (04-30-2012)

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 02:53 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,991 Times in 3,230 Posts

Blog Entries
    The UN gun ban treaty Hillary just agreed to. If it passes the senate we are there.

The Menace Is Loose Again
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-08-2015 @ 12:58 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,934 Times in 1,875 Posts

California.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:40 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,562 Times in 3,449 Posts

Trayvon Martin Witness Believes 'He Intended for This Kid to Die'
    ABC News By MATT GUTMAN and SENI TIENABESO | ABC News – 16 hrs ago

A closer look at the witness statements and audio testimony taken in the immediate aftermath Trayvon Martin's death provides the first insight into George Zimmerman's behavior after he shot the unarmed teen.

A man listed as witness 13 was one of the first people to approach Zimmerman minutes after the shooting. He saw him bleeding from the back of the head and nose. Zimmerman asked the unidentified man to call his wife for him.

"Let her know what's happening, been involved in a shooting and will be held for questioning," the witness told the Florida Department of Law Enforcement. "He was more like, talking like he was having a hard time, looked like he just got his butt whipped ... not like he was in shock, not like, 'I can't believe I just shot someone,' but like, 'Just tell my wife I just shot someone,' like it was nothing."

A woman identified as witness 5 walked out of her home after hearing the altercation to find Zimmerman standing over Martin's body. She said she asked him what was going on and he curtly said just, "Call the police."

The woman told police that Zimmerman, 28, examined Martin's body as he slowly paced back and forth when the police arrived. She watched as they checked the teen's body and turned him over, eventually starting CPR. But he was already dead for five or 10 minutes, she said.

"I do honestly feel that he intended for this kid to die," witness 5 told investigators. "If you're in self defense, shoot him in the leg. He's a 17-year-old, scrawny little kid. You get into a physical fight with him. ... I think the kid was running for help."

Zimmerman is charged with second degree murder for the Feb. 26 killing.

Martin was in Sanford, Fla., while serving a suspension from his Miami school for being caught with an empty marijuana bag. At the time of the shooting, he was staying at the home of his father's girlfriend. An autopsy found THC, the intoxicating chemical in marijuana, was in his system.

At 7:11 that night, Zimmerman, a member of the area's neighborhood watch, had called 911 to report a suspicious teenager. Minutes later, the police dispatcher told Zimmerman to stop follwing Martin. Moments later, Zimmerman got out of his car. That's when the two met and Martin was killed.

Zimmerman has claimed that when he shot the 6-foot, 160-pound teenager he was on his back and Martin was astride him pounding away.

The key problem facing investigators is an 80-second gap between the time Zimmerman hung up with police at 7:15 p.m. and when the first 911 calls from terrified neighbors began flooding in.

A man identified only as witness 6 told investigators that he heard a commotion coming from the walk behind his residence. He witnessed a black male wearing a dark-colored "hoodie" on top of a white or Hispanic male who was yelling for help.

Police said the witness elaborated by saying the black man was mounted on Zimmerman and throwing punches "MMA" style, meaning mixed martial arts style. The witness stated that the man on the ground yelled out for help.

Witness 6 said he was going to call for police when he heard the "pop" of Zimmerman's gun.

"When I looked down, I saw the person that was on top was laying in my grass in a sprawled position," witness said. "Saw another guy with his hands in the air, saying, 'The gun's on the ground, I shot this guy in self-defense.'"

Police said they believe Martin noticed he was being watched and "was in fact running generally in the direction of where he was staying as a guest of the neighborhood."

Multiple witnesses and injuries sustained corroborate Zimmerman's account that he was involved in a serious altercation with Martin, one that police say could have been avoided if he did not leave his car as directed by the 911dispatcher. The investigator said the tragedy was avoidable.

Witness 3 said the timing was terrible.

"I saw the police arrive. And they were literally like 5 seconds too late -- like right after the gun went off. Like, they were literally that, that, that short a distance late," the witness said.

Frontline Voice of Reason
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    02-09-2013 @ 06:23 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nickdfresh View Post
    Trayvon Martin Witness Believes 'He Intended for This Kid to Die'
    ABC News

"I do honestly feel..."
    What these witnesses believe or feel likely won't be admissible in court.

TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

http://www.vpc.org/studies/unsafe.htm

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BigBadBrian View Post
    I think it's called testimony...

Cunning Linguist
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

And shithead's perceived state of mind will be of interest in the case. From all accounts, he was NOT acting like some on flabbergasted as in "oh shit, I just shot someone", quite the opposite. He was in "Call the cops so I can go into C.Y.A." mode.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:17 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,281 Times in 4,711 Posts

Yeah, all the fucking idiots are trying to paint Zimmerman's actions as "self defense" now that it seems a fight actually took place. But there would have been no fight had Zimmerman not been stalking him in the first place, against the advice of law enforcement.

If anybody was acting in self-defense, it was Trayvon Martin.

Cunning Linguist
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FORD View Post
    Yeah, all the fucking idiots are trying to paint Zimmerman's actions as "self defense" now that it seems a fight actually took place. But there would have been no fight had Zimmerman not been stalking him in the first place, against the advice of law enforcement.

Exactly.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FORD View Post

The bottom line is that the kid was shot at 'intermediate range.' Zimmerman is fucked...

TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

The bottom line is that the kid was shot at 'intermediate range.' Zimmerman is fucked...
    = 2" to 18". He had a gun powder burn. Zimmerman will walk & riots will ensue.

16. Thanked sadaist for this KICKASS post:

ELVIS (05-21-2012)

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Autopsy report reveals Trayvon Martin was shot at ‘intermediate range’

An autopsy report released to the public Wednesday shows Trayvon Martin, the Florida teen who was shot and killed by neighborhood watch volunteer George Zimmerman, was shot at "intermediate range."

The report shows Trayvon's gunshot wound is consistent with a wound of entrance at intermediate range, which many believe conflicts with Zimmerman's account of what happened the night of the shooting.
    View slideshow: Autopsy report reveals Trayvon Martin was shot at ‘intermediate range’

HLN’s Jane Velez-Mitchell invited experts, including a forensic consultant, to weigh in Thursday on what ‘intermediate range’ means and found their answers varied greatly from three inches, to 12 inches, to 18 inches, to three feet.

The consensus, Velez-Mitchell said, is Trayvon Martin was shot anywhere from a few inches to three feet away from George Zimmerman.

George Zimmerman reportedly told police that Trayvon was the aggressor, and that Trayvon punched him, knocked him down, and beat his head into the ground causing him to shoot and kill Trayvon Martin in self-defense.

Velez-Mitchell posed the question: If Trayvon was on top of Zimmerman, how could the gun fire be several inches away, let alone several feet away?

Forensic consultant Mike Knox explained that when a pistol is fired there will be some type of gunshot residue. He said there would be particles of partially burned and unburned powder as well as soot from the combustion that comes from the firearm.

Knox said the residue is deposited around the wound. Based on the gunshot residue, the pathologist is able to tell that the gun was not in contact with the skin. At intermediate range, the gun would be fired at least several inches away and would be close enough to deposit the soot, the stippling, and the gun shot particle.

Read autopsy report showing "intermediate range"

Velez-Mitchell asked Knox how far away could the shot have been fired and still be considered “intermediate range.” Knox said that with most firearms, such as the 9mm Zimmerman used to kill Trayvon, about three feet would be the maximum distance. Knox said gunshot residue would not be present on the body if the gun was shot a distance of more than three feet away.

Knox confirmed distant-range means there is no presence of any type of gunshot residue, meaning the gun would have been shot from a distance greater than three feet, and close-range means the gun was touching the victim's body.

The information provided by Knox conflicts somewhat with information on the Forensics-Medicine.info website that reads:

In forensics there are four types of gunshot wound:

Contact wound - the muzzle of the gun was applied to the skin at the time of the shooting;
    Close Range - the muzzle of the gun was six to eight inches away from the skin at the time of the shooting;
    Intermediate Range - the gun was eight inches to 3.5 feet away; and
    Distant Range - the gun was over 3.4 feet away at the time of the shooting.

http://www.examiner.com/article/auto...rmediate-range

TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I think it's called HEARSAY and won't be admissible.

TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

HLN’s Jane Velez-Mitchell invited experts, including a forensic consultant, to weigh in Thursday on what ‘intermediate range’ means and found their answers varied greatly from three inches, to 12 inches, to 18 inches, to three feet.
    Dang. Guess my numbers were close, right on the mark, or a little off.....lol. Just something for the lawyers to argue about for days & make more money. I bet after this trial we will know exactly the definition of Intermediate Range.

TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Anyone know the closeness you have to fire for gunshot burns? 3 feet seems a bit far. But what do I know? I've seen an AR-15 shot that fired out what looked like a cannonball sized fireball. That would burn you from 10 feet easy. I know we aren't talking about an AR-15 here, but 3 feet? I've never fired a handgun at night so don't know the fire that can come out.

TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sadaist View Post
    = 2" to 18". He had a gun powder burn. Zimmerman will walk & riots will ensue.
    Agreed.

I saw the following on another Left-wing news site, in the comments column under the story:

The black community won't protest the absence of good fathers in the black family.

The black community will not protest black on black crime.

The black community will not protest black dropout rates in schools.

The black community will not try to improve their own neighborhood.

BUT…

The black community will riot and burn when one of their own thugs commits a crime and gets his ass kicked by someone other than another black.

The black community will burn down their own stores and neighborhoods when they do protest.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

LOL You're a lawyer now?

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Dang. Guess my numbers were close, right on the mark, or a little off.....lol. Just something for the lawyers to argue about for days & make more money. I bet after this trial we will know exactly the definition of Intermediate Range.
    No, they weren't really that close actually...

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Anyone know the closeness you have to fire for gunshot burns? 3 feet seems a bit far. But what do I know? I've seen an AR-15 shot that fired out what looked like a cannonball sized fireball. That would burn you from 10 feet easy. I know we aren't talking about an AR-15 here, but 3 feet? I've never fired a handgun at night so don't know the fire that can come out.
    Was the flash suppressor broken? Yeah, it does flash a bit and I haven't fired a pistol/revolver at night either. But I imagine there is a variance there based on caliber and pistol type. But unlike the AR-15/M-16 series (which have different types of flash suppressors depending on vintage and type and fire a relatively "small caliber" slug but have a lot of powder to propel it to a very high velocity), pistols do not have a suppressor and may in fact spray more at close range, but may not have as much of a charge...

I dunno much about forensics though...
    Last edited by Nickdfresh; 05-20-2012 at 12:28 PM.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Agreed.

I saw the following on another Left-wing news site, in the comments column under the story:

The black community won't protest the absence of good fathers in the black family.

The black community will not protest black on black crime.

The black community will not protest black dropout rates in schools.

The black community will not try to improve their own neighborhood.

BUT…

The black community will riot and burn when one of their own thugs commits a crime and gets his ass kicked by someone other than another black.

The black community will burn down their own stores and neighborhoods when they do protest.
    Well Brian, being our obvious racial inferiors, of course none of those lazy blacks don't really give a shit about anything but their freedom to rob and pillage white gated-communities free of dedicated, upstanding neighborhood watch personnel exercising good judgement protecting their neighborhoods from all the scary black peoplez wearin' hoodies... (irony)

TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Well Brian, being our obvious racial inferiors, of course none of those lazy blacks don't really give a shit about anything but their freedom to rob and pillage white gated-communities free of dedicated, upstanding neighborhood watch personnel exercising good judgement protecting their neighborhoods from all the scary black peoplez wearin' hoodies... (irony)
    Nick, keep dodging those harsh realities. What I posted wasn't meant to piss anybody off or be controversial. They are modern day American Tragedies...and the truth.

roth beer pest
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    06-02-2022 @ 11:33 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,377 Times in 1,853 Posts

And shithead's perceived state of mind will be of interest in the case. From all accounts, he was NOT acting like some on flabbergasted as in "oh shit, I just shot someone", quite the opposite. He was in "Call the cops so I can go into C.Y.A." mode.
    or shock, just sayin'...

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:43 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,347 Times in 6,031 Posts

Nick, keep dodging those harsh realities. What I posted wasn't meant to piss anybody off or be controversial. They are modern day American Tragedies...and the truth.

Now people travel and mix more it is completely inevitable that all humans will become mixed race, get to used to it.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...ime-in-US.html

Non-white births outnumber white births for the first time in US

White births in the United States are no longer in the majority, according to new data from the US Census Bureau, as a rising Hispanic population contributes to an historic demographic shift.

Minority races – Hispanics, blacks and Asians and other mixed races – accounted for 50.4 per cent of births over the year to July, accounting for a majority for the first time in US history.
    The demographic milestone had been expected for years in a country founded by European whites and that early on relied heavily on the work of enslaved African populations, then went through a civil war and civil rights battle over issues of race.

In recent years, the growth of Hispanic populations immigrating from Latin America has hastened a decline in the majority status of white births, the census data suggested.
    "This is an important landmark," said Roderick Harrison, a former chief of racial statistics at the Census Bureau who is now a sociologist at Howard University. "This generation is growing up much more accustomed to diversity than its elders."

As a whole, the nation's minority population continues to rise, following a higher-than-expected Hispanic count in the 2010 census. Minorities increased 1.9 per cent to 114.1 million, or 36.6 per cent of the total U.S. population, lifted by prior waves of immigration that brought in young families and boosted the number of Hispanic women in their prime childbearing years.

But a recent slowdown in the growth of the Hispanic and Asian populations is shifting notions on when the tipping point in U.S. diversity will come – the time when non-Hispanic whites become a minority. After 2010 census results suggested a crossover as early as 2040, demographers now believe the pivotal moment may be pushed back several years when new projections are released in December.
    The annual growth rates for Hispanics and Asians fell sharply last year to just over 2 per cent, roughly half the rates in 2000 and the lowest in more than a decade. The black growth rate stayed flat at 1 per cent.

Racial and ethnic minorities make up more than half the children born in the US, capping decades of heady immigration growth that is now slowing.
    New 2011 census estimates highlight sweeping changes in the nation's racial make-up and the prolonged impact of a weak economy, which is now resulting in fewer Hispanics entering the U.S.

The report comes as the Supreme Court prepares to rule on the legality of Arizona's strict immigration law, with many states weighing similar get-tough measures.
    "We remain in a dangerous period where those appealing to anti-immigration elements are fuelling a divisiveness and hostility that might take decades to overcome," Harrison said.

As a whole, the nation's minority population continues to rise, following a higher-than-expected Hispanic count in the 2010 census. Minorities increased 1.9 per cent to 114.1 million, or 36.6 per cent of the total U.S. population, lifted by prior waves of immigration that brought in young families and boosted the number of Hispanic women in their prime childbearing years.

But a recent slowdown in the growth of the Hispanic and Asian populations is shifting notions on when the tipping point in U.S. diversity will come – the time when non-Hispanic whites become a minority. After 2010 census results suggested a crossover as early as 2040, demographers now believe the pivotal moment may be pushed back several years when new projections are released in December.
    The annual growth rates for Hispanics and Asians fell sharply last year to just over 2 per cent, roughly half the rates in 2000 and the lowest in more than a decade. The black growth rate stayed flat at 1 per cent.

Pointing to a longer-term decline in immigration, demographers believe the Hispanic population boom may have peaked.
    "The Latino population is very young, which means they will continue to have a lot of births relative to the general population," said Mark Mather, associate vice president of the Population Reference Bureau. "But we're seeing a slowdown that is likely the result of multiple factors: declining Latina birth rates combined with lower immigration levels. If both of these trends continue, they will lead to big changes down the road."
    -------------
    The immigrants staying put in the U.S. for now include Narcisa Marcelino, 34, a single mother who lives with her two daughters, ages 10 and 5, in Martinsburg, West Virginia. After crossing into the U.S. from Mexico in 2000, she followed her brother to the eastern part of the state just outside the Baltimore-Washington region. The Martinsburg area is known for hiring hundreds of migrants annually to work in fruit orchards. Its Hispanic growth climbed from 14 per cent to 18 per cent between 2000 and 2005 before shrinking last year to 3.3 per cent, still above the national average.

Marcelino says she sells food from her home to make ends meet for her family and continues to hope that one day she will get a hearing with immigration officials to stay legally in the U.S. She aspires to open a restaurant and is learning English at a community college so she can help other Spanish-language speakers.
    If she is eventually deported, "it wouldn't be that tragic," Marcelino said. "But because the children have been born here, this is their country. And there are more opportunities for them here."

Of the 30 large metropolitan areas showing the fastest Hispanic growth in the previous decade, all showed slower growth in 2011 than in the peak Hispanic growth years of 2005-2006, when the construction boom attracted new migrants to low-wage work. They include Lakeland, Florida; Charlotte, North Carolina; Atlanta; Provo, Utah; Las Vegas; and Phoenix. All but two – Fort Myers, Florida, and Dallas-Fort Worth – also grew more slowly last year than in 2010, hurt by the jobs slump.
    Pointing to a longer-term decline in immigration, demographers believe the Hispanic population boom may have peaked.
    "The Latino population is very young, which means they will continue to have a lot of births relative to the general population," said Mark Mather, associate vice president of the Population Reference Bureau. "But we're seeing a slowdown that is likely the result of multiple factors: declining Latina birth rates combined with lower immigration levels. If both of these trends continue, they will lead to big changes down the road."

William H. Frey, a demographer at the Brookings Institution who analysed the census data, noted that government debates over immigration enforcement may now be less pressing, given slowing growth. "The current congressional and Supreme Court interest in reducing immigration – and the concerns especially about low-skilled and undocumented Hispanic immigration – represent issues that could well be behind us," he said.

Minorities made up roughly 2.02 million, or 50.4 per cent of U.S. births in the 12-month period ending July 2011. That compares with 37 per cent in 1990.
    In all, 348 of the nation's 3,143 counties, or 1 in 9, have minority populations across all age groups that total more than 50 per cent. In a sign of future U.S. race and ethnic change, the number of counties reaching the tipping point increases to more than 690, or nearly 1 in 4, when looking only at the under age 5 population.
    The counties in transition include Maricopa (Phoenix), Arizona; King (Seattle), Washington; Travis (Austin), Texas; and Palm Beach, Florida, where recent Hispanic births are driving the increased diversity among children. Also high on the list are suburban counties such as Fairfax, Virginia, just outside the nation's capital, and Westchester, New York, near New York City, where more open spaces are a draw for young families who are increasingly minority.

According to the latest data, the percentage growth of Hispanics slowed from 4.2 per cent in 2001 to 2.5 per cent last year. Their population growth would have been even lower if it weren't for their relatively high fertility rates – seven births for every death. The median age of U.S. Hispanics is 27.6 years.

Births actually have been declining for both whites and minorities as many women postponed having children during the economic slump. But the drop since 2008 has been larger for whites, who have a median age of 42. The number of white births fell by 11.4 per cent, compared with 3.2 per cent for minorities, according to Kenneth Johnson, a sociologist at the University of New Hampshire.

Asian population increases also slowed, from 4.5 per cent in 2001 to about 2.2 per cent. Hispanics and Asians still are the two fastest-growing minority groups, making up about 16.7 per cent and 4.8 per cent of the U.S. population, respectively.

Blacks, who comprise about 12.3 per cent of the population, have increased at a rate of about 1 per cent each year. Whites have increased very little in recent years.

Other findings:
    -The migration of black Americans back to the South is slowing. New destinations in the South, including Atlanta, Charlotte, North Carolina, Raleigh, North Carolina, and Orlando, Florida, saw sharp drop-offs in black population growth as the prolonged housing bust kept African-Americans locked in place in traditional big cities. Metro areas including New York, Chicago, Los Angeles and San Francisco had reduced declines or gains.
    -Nine U.S. counties in five states saw their minority populations across all age groups surpass 50 per cent last year. They were Sutter and Yolo in California; Quitman in Georgia; Cumberland in New Jersey; Colfax in New Mexico; and Lynn, Mitchell, Schleicher and Swisher in Texas.
    -Maverick County, Texas, had the largest share of minorities at 96.8 per cent, followed by Webb County, Texas, and Wade Hampton, Alaska, both at 96 per cent.
    -Four states – Hawaii, California, New Mexico and Texas – as well as the District of Columbia have minority populations that exceed 50 per cent.

The census estimates used local records of births and deaths, tax records of people moving within the U.S., and census statistics on immigrants. The figures for "white" refer to those whites who are not of Hispanic ethnicity.

29. Thanked Seshmeister for this KICKASS post:

jhale667 (05-21-2012)

Cunning Linguist
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Aw, is Brie scared cuz him's officially a downtrodden minority now?

Idle No More
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-09-2020 @ 08:56 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,591 Times in 1,076 Posts

I just love the line "a country founded by European whites", totally negating the existence of North American Aboriginals.

Canada and the US think history didn't start until the white man got here.

32. 2 users say thank you to Angel for this KICKASS post:

jhale667 (05-21-2012),Unchainme (05-21-2012)

Cunning Linguist
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Hey, look at the bright side - if Brie goes outside in a hoodie now - I'm calling it "supsicous" and blasting him at point blank range...and statistics say I'll walk! "He was a big fat balding white dude in a hoodie, officer - I felt....uh...."threatened" -y'know, not psychially- that he was loweing my property values - WHAT WAS I SUPPOSED TO DO???"

34. Thanked jhale667 for this KICKASS post:

ThrillsNSpills (05-21-2012)

ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-12-2014 @ 11:20 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,202 Times in 757 Posts

I'm going to just blame your ignorance on the cocktail you take for neuropathy.

36. Thanked ThrillsNSpills for this KICKASS post:

jhale667 (05-21-2012)

Professional Smartass
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-05-2021 @ 07:55 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,578 Times in 878 Posts

It's not hearsay.

However, I agree that witness testimony about the defendant's state of mind will probably not be admissible. They can testify to conduct they observed, but not the defendant's mental impressions.

Cunning Linguist
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Thumbs down Newsworthy BUMP...Zimmerman's still a liar and a scumbag...

Zimmerman's getting nailed for lying about the money generated by his "please feel sorry for my murderous *ss" site...

Judge revokes George Zimmerman's bond. Accused slayer must report to sheriff in 48 hours

Seminole County (Florida) Circuit Court Judge Kenneth Lester has revoked the bond of George Zimmerman and ordered him to report to the sheriff by Sunday at 2:30 PM ET. Zimmerman, who is charged with second-degree murder in the killing of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin, is free on $150,000 bond.

Prosecutors say Zimmerman misled the court on his finances during a bail hearing that allowed his release on $150,000 bond. Zimmerman's attorney said several days later that he had discovered his client had raised more than $200,000 from a website. That money wasn't disclosed at the bond hearing.
    Judge Kenneth Lester heard the argument at the evidence hearing because he said the matter was "very serious."

State prosecutors said on Friday Zimmerman's wife, Shelley, knew about the PayPal money from his website and lied at the bond hearing when she said she didn't know of it.

It was also discovered that Zimmerman had a second passport that he did not inform the court about when he surrendered his other passport to the court. The precaution is standard procedure to keep defendants from fleeing the country. State prosecutor Bernie de la Rionda said, "The defendant lied to this court."
    When Zimmerman sought release from jail, his relatives testified they had little money. His attorney said several days later that he had discovered his client had raised more than $200,000 from a website. "This court was led to believe they didn't have a single penny," said de la Rionda. "It was misleading and I don't know what words to use other than it was a blatant lie."

At the same hearing Friday, both the prosecution and defense asked the judge to stop the release of witnesses' names and statements by Zimmerman to the police on the grounds that it will taint the jury pool. A consortium of several media groups have asked the judge not to stop the releases.

12:46 PM PT: In a handwritten letter a few days before his bond hearing, Zimmerman wrote that, “My attorney seems cautiously optimistic about me receiving bond tomorrow and I will put funds received through my website towards my bond.” However, during Zimmerman’s April 20 bond hearing, no mention of the website’s substantial revenues was made by the accused killer or his lawyer. Zimmerman had already raised about $200,000 by that time, his lawyer subsequently acknowledged.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/0...ff-in-48-hours
    Last edited by jhale667; 06-01-2012 at 04:50 PM. Reason: Forgot the link

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    11-04-2021 @ 07:27 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,233 Times in 2,449 Posts

Blog Entries
    Please disperse, nothing to see here...

TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Newsworthy BUMP...Zimmerman's still a liar and a scumbag...

But not a racist and not a murderer.

Cunning Linguist
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Maybe not a racist, though he WAS profiling Martin...and if his "I shot him because he was beating up on me" quote is true, he's a huge WUSS - and guilty of manslaughter at least.

TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I don't know. I do believe the media and certain groups hung this guy out to dry way too early in the whole thing. It got really quiet once everyone saw Trayvon wasn't as young & innocent as originally reported and more importantly that Zimmerman was not white.

Sad thing is eventually a white guy is gonna kill a black guy and the whole nation is gonna FLIP. I mean a major flip. Like the LA riots but nationwide. We have been walking on this very thin edge for a while now and it's just waiting for something to push it over. Everyone needs to simmer down a notch, and the media needs to quit keeping the fire going on that boiling pot. But I think the media WANTS the shit to hit the fan.

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    11-04-2021 @ 07:27 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,233 Times in 2,449 Posts

Blog Entries
    Of course they do...

Cunning Linguist
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Nah, the only people that want riots and a "race war" are jerkoffs like the Aryan Nation, the Klan...and all 8 of the "New Black Panthers". No rational person of any color wants that.

And Zimmerman - had he A) been charged immediately as he should have and B ) not tried to play the victim, and had people in the media LYING for him might not be as reviled as he is...but it's mostly his own doing.

Running with myself
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    06-13-2016 @ 11:12 AM
    Status
    Thanks

The fact that he made dozens of phone calls to 911, usually involving a "black" suspect, and was overheard referring to Martin as a "fucking coon" and saying "they ALWAYS get away with it" suggests that Zimmerman might have an issue with folks who have more pigment in their skin than he does.

As for murderer, he stalked the kid and killed him, after being advised by law enforcement NOT to pursue him. What would you call it? Sure as Hell wasn't self defense.

Running with myself
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    06-13-2016 @ 11:12 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Nah, the only people that want riots and a "race war" are jerkoffs like the Aryan Nation, the Klan...and all 8 of the "New Black Panthers". No rational person of any color wants that.
    There's 8 "New Black Panthers" now? I've only ever seen three guys in their videos. Where did the other 5 come from?

Thread Information