Member No
    Last Online
    11-04-2021 @ 07:27 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,233 Times in 2,449 Posts

Blog Entries
    See how biased you are ??
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Not you, Va...

Cunning Linguist
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-07-2016 @ 01:20 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,110 Times in 2,874 Posts

Kinda hard to make the "self-defense" argument OR "stand your ground" defense when you the guy with the gun, disobeyed instructions and went chasing after the unarmed kid running from you - that then turned around and tried to defend HIMSELF from you the perceived attacker. The only person that had the right to "stand their ground" was Martin.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

4. Thanked jhale667 for this KICKASS post:

FORD (06-28-2013)

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:36 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,281 Times in 4,711 Posts

Even if Zimmerman and his entire family didn't come off as arrogant entitled racist pricks (did you see his asshole brother on Bill Maher's show a couple months back?) the deck is already stacked to make this a powder keg.....

You have a state known for blatant political corruption - most of it geared against minorities.
    You have a fucked up gun policy which was definitely written by and for the benefit of racists.
    You have a jury makeup that is questionable at best.

The BCE still runs Florida. Wouldn't surprise me if Jeb wanted a race riot to come out of this.

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Shaddup...

I think that's maybe what you and fail want...

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-28-2024 @ 09:22 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,517 Times in 2,422 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FORD View Post
    Even if Zimmerman and his entire family didn't come off as arrogant entitled racist pricks (did you see his asshole brother on Bill Maher's show a couple months back?) the deck is already stacked to make this a powder keg.....

You have a state known for blatant political corruption - most of it geared against minorities.
    You have a fucked up gun policy which was definitely written by and for the benefit of racists.

The BCE still runs Florida. Wouldn't surprise me if Jeb wanted a race riot to come out of this.

All I'm saying is AT THIS TIME, he's not guilty beyond reasonable doubt....

Everything, at least right now, is secondary....

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ELVIS View Post
    Shaddup...

I think that's maybe what you and fail want...
    Nope.....

I don't think a race war would solve a damn thing in this country.

Now on the other hand......

Cunning Linguist
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

That's just ELBOW saying the stupidest thing he can think of for effect. He doesn't believe that shit.

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-02-2020 @ 09:51 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,443 Times in 997 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jhale667 View Post
    Kinda hard to make the "self-defense" argument OR "stand your ground" defense when you the guy with the gun, disobeyed instructions and went chasing after the unarmed kid running from you - that then turned around and tried to defend HIMSELF from you the perceived attacker. The only person that had the right to "stand their ground" was Martin.
    How is straddling someone, holding them down and beating the shit out of them 'defending yourself?' I'm waiting to see how it all plays out before jumping to a conclusion but that's a real stretch to label "self-defense".

11. Thanked Dr. Love for this KICKASS post:

ELVIS (06-28-2013)

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

This really comes across as hyperbole.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Love View Post
    This really comes across as hyperbole.
    Really?

How about this? http://www.theroot.com/views/zimmerm...ks-are-racists

or this? http://www.mediaite.com/tv/reporter-...ist-in-nature/
    Last edited by FORD; 06-28-2013 at 05:57 PM.

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I meant the part about gun policy being written for the benefit of racists and that they are aiming for a race riot to occur.

Every state these days seems to have rampant political corruption. We've settled too much into an "us vs them" mentality and refuse to work together anymore. Focus more on what drives us apart rather than unites. For all I think Bush was a piece of shit, I do miss the time after 9/11 when everyone came together.

15. Thanked Dr. Love for this KICKASS post:

ELVIS (06-28-2013)

Cunning Linguist
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

How is straddling someone, holding them down and beating the shit out of them 'defending yourself?' I'm waiting to see how it all plays out before jumping to a conclusion but that's a real stretch to label "self-defense".

Not at all.... some weird dude's following you, you bolt, feeling (as he indicated to his friend) threatened, he chases after you - you are completely within your rights to stop and STAND YOUR GROUND against the weird motherfucker chasing you. You telling me if some dude's chasing after you you're NOT going to try to knock him the F out? And how do you justify Zimmerman's use of lethal force - just because he was losing the fight HE initiated by giving chase when he shouldn't have?

Racial component aside, Zimmerman's a piece of shit, and had he listened to the dispatcher like he was supposed to have this would not have happened. It's all on him.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I meant the part about gun policy being written for the benefit of racists and that they are aiming for a race riot to occur.
    Well, you have 5 BCE appointees on the Supreme Court who made a blatantly racist decision on Tuesday. Call it speculation if you will, but they had to know that would piss off a lot of people. And this Zimmerman case is similar to the Rodney King case, in terms of how it is being defined along racial lines, and how the wrong decision is likely to bring a similar reaction..

Why did the Supreme Court decide to hear the Voting Rights Case while this particular trial was going on? Pure coincidence? Or an alterior motive? Rhetorical question of course, since it's not possible to prove either way. But the timing is damn suspicious, you have to admit.

Every state these days seems to have rampant political corruption. We've settled too much into an "us vs them" mentality and refuse to work together anymore. Focus more on what drives us apart rather than unites. For all I think Bush was a piece of shit, I do miss the time after 9/11 when everyone came together.
    Well, I'd rather not be united by rage and stupidity next time, but I think I might otherwise agree with that......

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Not at all.... some weird dude's following you, you bolt, feeling (as he indicated to his friend) threatened, he chases after you - you are completely within your rights to stop and STAND YOUR GROUND against the weird motherfucker chasing you. You telling me if some dude's chasing after you you're NOT going to try to knock him the F out? And how do you justify Zimmerman's use of lethal force - just because he was losing the fight HE initiated by giving chase when he shouldn't have?

Racial component aside, Zimmerman's a piece of shit, and had he listened to the dispatcher like he was supposed to have this would not have happened. It's all on him.
    Few times I've had to defend myself, it was generally pop the fucker until he goes down then get the fuck outta there. I can totally get defending yourself. But I have a hard time believing that involves pinning someone and beating them senseless. At some point the threat has passed. On the flip side, if I thought there was a shady individual in my area, and it came to a confrontation and he had my pinned and was beating the fuck out of me and I had a gun, I'd probably shoot too. That's also self-defense. If Zimmerman had got punched once or twice and the dude was getting the f outta there and Zimmerman shot him, then the fucker should hang. But the way its described? Dunno. I don't agree with the argument that its his fault because he disregarded the dispatcher.

Seems to me like both of them are guilty of terrible judgement.

19. Thanked Dr. Love for this KICKASS post:

ELVIS (06-28-2013)

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Well, you have 5 BCE appointees on the Supreme Court who made a blatantly racist decision on Tuesday. Call it speculation if you will, but they had to know that would piss off a lot of people. And this Zimmerman case is similar to the Rodney King case, in terms of how it is being defined along racial lines, and how the wrong decision is likely to bring a similar reaction..

Why did the Supreme Court decide to hear the Voting Rights Case while this particular trial was going on? Pure coincidence? Or an alterior motive? Rhetorical question of course, since it's not possible to prove either way. But the timing is damn suspicious, you have to admit.

Well, I'd rather not be united by rage and stupidity next time, but I think I might otherwise agree with that......
    I don't care for the decision but I get the reasoning (or excuse) behind it. I would say that to keep ensure equality under the law, every state, district, county, municipality, whatever should have to get permission to change their laws. But that leads to the inevitable "well if you're not doing anything wrong you should have no objection to having to ask to govern yourselves" which is a rationale I don't really like at all and I've seen way too often applied to this PRISM bullshit. I don't like the nanny state and I don't think everything should be federal. Then again, I think the federal government has an obligation to step in and protect its citizens from abusive state governments.

Most likely the SCOTUS accepted the case and heard it because someone appealed to them on it and they decided it had merit. You're wading into ELVIS conspiracy theory territory if you're insinuating that they only took it because Treyvon Martin was killed in Florida and they were hoping to maximize the racial outrage with their decision.

I agree, it would be nice to unite without the rage, stupidity and overarching fear, but most people don't work like that. I guess we can look forward to some unity when the silent majority stands up for itself after the financial system implodes and we're all royally fucked.

Cunning Linguist
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Seems to me like both of them are guilty of terrible judgement.
    Even if true (don't agree but will play along), not in equal amounts. Not even close. Zimmerman used terrible judgement multiple times that evening, the last time with a gun.

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Well, he's going to walk and rightly so in my opinion...

It was still wrong to shoot the kid though...

I sure wouldn't have shot him...

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Zimmerman's probably going to have a short life either way....... *

Ordinarily in prison he might be recruited by the "Aryan Brotherhood" types for murdering a black kid, but he's part Hispanic with a "Jewey" sounding name, so they aren't likely to back him up. So he would be an easy target as a guest of the state.

And outside, there will probably be just as many people gunning for him. And with that fucked up "Stand Your Ground" law, they will be able to get away with it as easy as he did.. (at least in theory)

*... note to our NSA/Booze Allen Hamilton/BCE/Carlyle overlords - not to be implied as ME threatening to kill this useless son of a bitch! That's not enough reason for me to go to Florida......

The true JBC
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    11-14-2018 @ 03:27 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,298 Times in 1,690 Posts

Look.....from the kid making phone calls that he was scared to Zimmerman not listening to a dispatcher, to the kid kicking his ass.......there's enough blame to go around.

The real issue is a teenaged boy is dead......robbed of his Life, Liberty and Pursuit of Happiness and a grieving family who lost a child!

So we can banter about the semantics but at the end of the day......a child is dead!

To me it ends with Zimmerman being told by the authorities not to engage, period!

Over what? The kid might of B&E'd a house!

25. 3 users say thank you to kwame k for this KICKASS post:

Angel (06-28-2013),FORD (06-28-2013),jhale667 (06-28-2013)

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kwame k View Post
    Look.....from the kid making phone calls that he was scared to Zimmerman not listening to a dispatcher, to the kid kicking his ass.......there's enough blame to go around.

The real issue is a teenaged boy is dead......robbed of his Life, Liberty and Pursuit of Happiness and a grieving family who lost a child!

So we can banter about the semantics but at the end of the day......a child is dead!

To me it ends with Zimmerman being told by the authorities not to engage, period!

And Zimmerman is on trial for his life, right?

27. Thanked Va Beach VH Fan for this KICKASS post:

ELVIS (06-29-2013)

Cunning Linguist
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Agree Zimmerman's fucked regardless of the trial outcome. It's pretty much impossible to be sympathetic towards his "plight" between the recording of his exchange with the dispatcher and his also an asshole brother making things worse for him every time he opens his yap.

The true JBC
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Va Beach VH Fan View Post
    And Zimmerman is on trial for his life, right?
    No, he's on trial whether it was justifiable homicide......now what he gets sentenced for is totally different.

There's no way this guy is going to get death.

The true JBC
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Let's add to that......did Zimmerman yell a warning to stop or he'll shoot?

Someone was yelling for help but you hear no one yelling, "Stop or I'll shoot".

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

yeah I dunno, you're in the middle of a fight, some dude has you pinned down, beating your ass, and you're going to have the where-with-all to say "stop or I'll shoot"?

32. Thanked Dr. Love for this KICKASS post:

ELVIS (06-29-2013)

roth beer pest
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    06-02-2022 @ 11:33 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,377 Times in 1,853 Posts

Let's add to that......did Zimmerman yell a warning to stop or he'll shoot?

Someone was yelling for help but you hear no one yelling, "Stop or I'll shoot".
    he had fists in his face, hard to enunciate as well

34. 2 users say thank you to PETE'S BROTHER for this KICKASS post:

Dr. Love (06-28-2013),ELVIS (06-29-2013)

Cunning Linguist
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

THIS. Bottom line, IMO. He fucked up, no ifs ands or buts about that - and an innocent KID is dead.
    Because of a clearly biased, unfounded ASSumption Zimmerman made, and then decided - on his own - to go all Billy Badass about instead of waiting for the authorities he knew were on the way. There is no way anyone can possibly say they're equally at fault. Zimmerman was supposed to be the adult in this scenario.

36. Thanked jhale667 for this KICKASS post:

Angel (06-28-2013)

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

The true JBC
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PETE'S BROTHER View Post
    he had fists in his face, hard to enunciate as well
    True but at the end of the day.......since most of us are old enough to have a kid his age!

Would you really want to bury your son who just went out to get snacks that night?

Fuck, ever sneak into your girlfriend's bedroom late at night.......what would of happened if an untrained Zimmerman saw that going down?

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

True but at the end of the day.......since most of us are old enough to have a kid his age!
    speak for yourself gramps

40. Thanked Dr. Love for this KICKASS post:

kwame k (06-28-2013)

The true JBC
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

yeah I dunno, you're in the middle of a fight, some dude has you pinned down, beating your ass, and you're going to have the where-with-all to say "stop or I'll shoot"?
    Seems to me when you were told, on tape, to not engage the kid and wait for people who are trained to handle those circumstances.......you got what you deserved.

Take your ass-wipping like a man and move on!

42. 2 users say thank you to kwame k for this KICKASS post:

Angel (06-28-2013),jhale667 (06-28-2013)

The true JBC
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

speak for yourself gramps
    Nice

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

No, he's on trial whether it was justifiable homicide......now what he gets sentenced for is totally different.

There's no way this guy is going to get death.

I don't believe he can get death in Florida for that charge....

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

yeah, florida are a bunch of pussies. They'd hang that motherfucker here. If he killed a white kid, I mean.

The true JBC
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Va Beach VH Fan View Post
    I don't believe he can get death in Florida for that charge....

too fucking lazy to google it, too!

It could be argued that a prison sentence could be a death sentence!

Either way......the guy PUT himself in that situation......after being told not to! He got what he deserved.

Not the kid's fault that he thought he was Johnny law or was compensating for a small dick.

He killed a kid that shouldn't of been killed.......getting his ass kicked just proves he was unable to handle that situation, period!

47. Thanked kwame k for this KICKASS post:

Angel (06-28-2013)

Cunning Linguist
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

yeah, florida are a bunch of pussies. They'd hang that motherfucker here. If he killed a white kid, I mean.

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

It was intentional ironicy.

50. Thanked Dr. Love for this KICKASS post:

kwame k (06-28-2013)

The true JBC
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Texas has it going on..........

pRick Perry was berating Wendy for belittling life while he signed the death sentence of a woman......#500 for your State, right Doc?

Cunning Linguist
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

too fucking lazy to google it, too!

It could be argued that a prison sentence could be a death sentence!

Either way......the guy PUT himself in that situation......after being told not to! He got what he deserved.

Not the kid's fault that he thought he was Johnny law or was compensating for a small dick.

He killed a kid that shouldn't of been killed.......getting his ass kicked just proves he was unable to handle that situation, period!

Bingo. Let's all feel sorry for the 30 year old that "had" to shoot... because he was getting his ass kicked... by the 17 year old... he shouldn't have been fucking with in the first place!

Cunning Linguist
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

It was intentional ironicy.
    So was that.

54. Thanked jhale667 for this KICKASS post: