No announcement yet.

Stand Your Ground Doesn't Equal Neighborhood (Death Squad) Watch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think the saddest part is how predictable it is.

Black kid gets killed... everyone splits along party lines.
    I've got the cure you're thinkin' of.

http://i.imgur.com/jBw4fCu.gif

Comment

• Right along party lines
      Originally posted by vandeleur
      E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• Originally posted by BigBadBrian View Post
        I think you're forgetting which Political Party let the White Hoodies in!

Yeah, I think people HAVE forgotten. The KKK lynched more Republicans than blacks back in the day.
        "Don't want 'em to get you goat, don't show 'em where it's hid." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Is that the idiot from Georgia who was afraid Guam was going to "tip over and capsize"?
          "Don't want 'em to get you goat, don't show 'em where it's hid." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Originally posted by gbranton View Post
            Yeah, I think people HAVE forgotten. The KKK lynched more Republicans than blacks back in the day.

Sorry, but that's utter horsesh*t - They would've had to have lynched thousands of them for that to be true. At least 3,000 blacks were lynched during the Jim Crow era in the south, do you seriously think the number of sympathizers (specifically republicans) that got harmed in that era matches that?
            Originally posted by conmee
            If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
            Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
            I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
            Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
            Originally posted by eddie78
            I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• Originally posted by jhale667 View Post
              Sorry, but that's utter horsesh*t - They would've had to have lynched thousands of them for that to be true. At least 3,000 blacks were lynched during the Jim Crow era in the south, do you seriously think the number of sympathizers (specifically republicans) that got harmed in that era matches that?
              You need a quick history lesson, pay attention 'cause they don't teach this shit in public school.

An estimated 3,446 blacks and 1,297 whites died at the end of KKK ropes from 1882 to 1964, many of the blacks killed were killed not solely because of their race but for their political affiliation.

In an 1868 newspaper interview, Nathan Bedford Forrest (Grand Wizard) stated that the Klan's primary opposition was to the Loyal Leagues, Republican state governments, people like Tennessee governor Brownlow and other carpetbaggers and scalawags. He argued that many southerners believed that blacks were voting for the Republican Party because they were being hoodwinked by the Loyal Leagues. - A Battle from the Start: The Life of Nathan Bedford Forrest. New York, New York: HarperCollins Publishers. p. 336.

In effect, the Klan was a military force serving the interests of the Democratic party, the planter class, and all those who desired restoration of white supremacy. It's purposes were political, but political in the broadest sense, for it sought to affect power relations, both public and private, throughout Southern society. It aimed to reverse the interlocking changes sweeping over the South during Reconstruction: to destroy the Republican party's infrastructure, undermine the Reconstruction state, reestablish control of the black labor force, and restore racial subordination in every aspect of Southern life. - Reconstruction: America's Unfinished Revolution, 1863-1877. New York: Harper & Row. 1988. p. 425–426.

The refernces to this type of activity are numerous, but here is a typical example of Klan activity form the era:

Klan violence worked to suppress black voting. More than 2,000 persons were killed, wounded and otherwise injured in Louisiana within a few weeks prior to the Presidential election of November 1868. Although St. Landry Parish had a registered Republican majority of 1,071, after the murders, no Republicans voted in the fall elections. White Democrats cast the full vote of the parish for Grant's opponent. The KKK killed and wounded more than 200 black Republicans, hunting and chasing them through the woods. Thirteen captives were taken from jail and shot; a half-buried pile of 25 bodies was found in the woods. The KKK made people vote Democratic and gave them certificates of the fact. - W.E.B. Du Bois, Black Reconstruction in America: 1860–1880, New York: Oxford University Press, 1935; reprint, The Free Press, 1998, pp.680–681.

Comment

• This was just posted on Facebook by a friend:

In the middle, U.S. State Representative Bobby Rush (D-IL) who took to the House floor this morning to speak out against the murder of Travyon Martin, but was shouted down and removed by the acting Republican speaker "for wearing a hat." On the left, a picture of U.S. State Rep. Don Young (R-Alaska) speaking in front of the House wearing a beanie. Young was not asked to remove his "hat" when he spoke against Obama's energy plan. On the right, another well-known hoodie wearer.

If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• Need to pop your shoulder back into socket after that stretch, jhale667???

Comment

• Swing and miss.

Originally posted by gbranton View Post
                    You need a quick history lesson, pay attention 'cause they don't teach this shit in public school.
                    Yeah, well... good thing I went to private school then.

Your post proves I was right...3K versus 1K is NOT "more republicans than blacks". And your post only mentions a few hundred republican lynchings, black or otherwise.

Next time provide a link, btw.

Oh, and die in a fire, Catsh*t!

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

SO that's where your intolerance for religion came form.

Comment

Your post proves I was right...3K versus 1K is NOT "more republicans than blacks". And your post only mentions a few hundred republican lynchings, black or otherwise.

Next time provide a link, btw.
                        You should have went to a place that taught reading comprehension skills. I NEVER said more WHITES than blacks, I said REPUBLICANS. All the blacks killed in the text refernced above were killed because they, like most blacks during the Reconstruction period were REPUBLICANS, to keep them from VOTING. I could site more instances such as the one above for days, there have been many books written on the subject. I suppose it's not enough to quote the reasons for forming the Klan in the first place from one of the very first Grand Wizards.

Comment

• Originally posted by gbranton View Post
                          You should have went to a place that taught reading comprehension skills..
                          You first.

I NEVER said more WHITES than blacks, I said REPUBLICANS.
                          And you were still wrong.

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

Oh, and die in a fire, Catsh*t!
                            You're a phoney, man. This is, like, way more hateful than anything anyone else has posted in this thread.

Comment

You first.
                              In all fairness, my initial post should have read that a majority of people killed by the Klu Klux Klan were killed because they were Republicans. The number of whites versus blacks killed was not germain to the point I was illustrating. They wanted to supress the black vote because most blacks up until the Depression voted Republican.

The first two black US Senators, elected during Reconstruction? Republicans. The first TWENTY ONE black Representatives elected to the House? Also Republicans. Also elected during the Reconstruction period.

Versus ZERO Democrats.

Last edited by gbranton; 03-28-2012, 04:56 PM.

Comment

• Seems to me the fact they were Repukes was just a byproduct.....what black in their right mind wouldn't be a Repuke considering Lincoln freed them.
                                Originally posted by vandeleur
                                E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

Working...
                                X