• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MUSICMANN
    Sniper
    • Apr 2004

Originally posted by jhale667
    This was just posted on Facebook by a friend:

In the middle, U.S. State Representative Bobby Rush (D-IL) who took to the House floor this morning to speak out against the murder of Travyon Martin, but was shouted down and removed by the acting Republican speaker "for wearing a hat." On the left, a picture of U.S. State Rep. Don Young (R-Alaska) speaking in front of the House wearing a beanie. Young was not asked to remove his "hat" when he spoke against Obama's energy plan. On the right, another well-known hoodie wearer.

So what, all three are bullshit.

Comment

• gbranton
      Veteran
      • Aug 2005

Originally posted by kwame k
      Seems to me the fact they were Repukes was just a byproduct.....what black in their right mind wouldn't be a Repuke considering Lincoln freed them.
      As Ronnie was quoted in the very first post on this thread, the Republicans are the party of individual rights, they had probably had enough of working for the collective.

But seriously, they wouldn't have become Republicans and run on the party ticket without acceptance from the Republican party establishment, so they were obviously tolerant and accepting of them. Black party loyalty really shifted when FDR passed the New Deal. I find it ironic that they now mainly self-identify with the party that fillibustered and voted overwhelmingly AGAINST the Civil Rights Act as opposed to the party that introduced and voted overwhelmingly FOR it.
      "Don't want 'em to get you goat, don't show 'em where it's hid." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• jhale667
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by gbranton
        As Ronnie was quoted in the very first post on this thread, the Republicans are the party of individual rights, they had probably had enough of working for the collective.

But seriously, they wouldn't have become Republicans and run on the party ticket without acceptance from the Republican party establishment, so they were obviously tolerant and accepting of them. Black party loyalty really shifted when FDR passed the New Deal. I find it ironic that they now mainly self-identify with the party that fillibustered and voted overwhelmingly AGAINST the Civil Rights Act as opposed to the party that introduced and voted overwhelmingly FOR it.
        Not surprising when you note that neither party resembles their past incarnations in that regard.
        Originally posted by conmee
        If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
        Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
        I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
        Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
        Originally posted by eddie78
        I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• Jagermeister
          Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

Damn. I just posted that in the wrong thread.
          Last edited by Jagermeister; 03-28-2012, 05:18 PM.

Comment

• FORD
            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

The party of Lincoln and Teddy Roosevelt became the party of the BCE and the Religious Reich. Sadly, the actual Republicans pushed aside by those fascists didn't fight for their own party. Instead they branded themselves the "Democratic Leadership Council" and staged a hostile takeover of the Democratic party instead.

So now we have a right wing party ("Democrats") and a batshit crazy fascist party ("Republicans") with neither one representing the people.

Not that any of this is directly related to a racist vigilante piece of shit who stalked a kid (against police advice) and then murdered him and called it "self defense". (But only after muttering about "fucking coons always getting away with it" into an open phone line.)
            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Jagermeister
              Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

Where the fuck am I?

Comment

• kwame k
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Feb 2008

IIRC, the majority of Republicans came from the Northern Sates and the majority of Democrats were from the Southern States.........in the reconstruction era at least. So including blacks into the GOP would of been an easier sell since it was the industrial North that was the driving force behind the abolition of slavery.

It amazes me that anyone other than a corporate whore would vote Republican anymore.........
                Originally posted by vandeleur
                E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• Jagermeister
                  Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

It amazes me that anyone other than a corporate whore would vote Republican anymore.........

Comment

• kwame k
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Feb 2008

Really.....defend the Repukes and why you'd vote for them, Jag!

What have they done in the last 12 years that has made your life better?
                    E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• FORD
                      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Really.....defend the Repukes and why you'd vote for them, Jag!

What have they done in the last 12 years that has made your life better?
                      12 years?? Shit, the last Republican to do anything decent was Nixon, when he created the EPA. (And that obviously doesn't make up for all the bad shit he did)
                      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• gbranton
                        Veteran
                        • Aug 2005

Originally posted by jhale667
                        Not surprising when you note that neither party resembles their past incarnations in that regard.
                        Well not ENTIRELY true, the Repubs in the last couple of decades have appointed blacks as Secretaries of State and Defense and nomiated them to the Supreme Court. BUT neither party has really done much for the average American over that time period. For both parties it has been all about wooing the least sophisticated voters with entitlement programs while sucking the big corporate cock.

Both parties as they are currently constituted, make me sick to my stomach and while I don't like them I DO like history.
                        "Don't want 'em to get you goat, don't show 'em where it's hid." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• kwame k
                          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                          • Feb 2008

Originally posted by FORD
                          12 years?? Shit, the last Republican to do anything decent was Nixon, when he created the EPA. (And that obviously doesn't make up for all the bad shit he did)
                          I went with 12 years because I doubt Jag's attention span is capable of going beyond that

Comment

• gbranton
                            Veteran
                            • Aug 2005

Originally posted by Jagermeister
                            Damn. I just posted that in the wrong thread.
                            I know, right? This quote:

As Ronnie was quoted in the very first post on this thread,
                            .....was referring to the Ronald Reagan thead. I must have really needed something to eat worse than I thought.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

The Grand Old Party turned into Gagging On Pricks (GOP). It's full of a bunch of dickheads that make us gag.
                              No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• gbranton
                                Veteran
                                • Aug 2005

IIRC, the majority of Republicans came from the Northern Sates and the majority of Democrats were from the Southern States.........in the reconstruction era at least. So including blacks into the GOP would of been an easier sell since it was the industrial North that was the driving force behind the abolition of slavery.
                                But I just linked to 23 Senators and Representatives that were elected to Congress and the House during that time. Most all were from southern states, so somebody down here and not up there was voting for them and you can bet it WASN'T southern Democrats.

Comment

Working...