• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sadaist
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jul 2004

Originally posted by gbranton
    . I called him Sparky because he really fought hard to live

And that takes us back to the elephant killing thread where I was saying how hard it is to keep a life going no matter how hard you try....yet so easy to end it. And when you actually see an animal truly fight to continue living, it gives you a new respect before you decide to squeeze that trigger.

And this is just with animals! I don't want to imagine the guilt I would have if I were responsible for taking a fellow human being.
    “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• BigBadBrian
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
      I don't have a dog in this fight.

But it would be nice to wait until ALL of the evidence is presented before making judgments.....
      Agreed.

Let ALL of the evidence surface before giving an opinion. Supposedly martin was the one who struck first. I'm sorry people, but being followed is not a crime in this case.

However, it seems that being white is a crime according to certain people on this board.

Reuters agrees, calling Zimmerman a "white hispanic" neighborhood watch volunteer. I didn't know there was such a thing as a "white hispanic." Most Latinos would kick your ass for using that phrase.

Here's a LINK to that story.
      “If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush

Comment

• knuckleboner
        Crazy Ass Mofo
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Headly1984
        that is a lot of inference ..

why not wait for the facts instead of presume

- if you were not there or are not a psychoanalyst

- why psuedo-psychoanalyze like the pundits claiming white on black racism by an adult on a helpless innocent child - and also creating hoodie campaigns while race baiting by claiming it a white on black racist event right?

why ?
        no it's not. the 911 tape has the police telling the guy to let them handle it and not to follow him. he did, anyways.

Comment

• fryingdutchman
          Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

I gotta admit...I had never heard of the "Stand Your Ground" law prior to this incident, and generally speaking I'm not very "political."

Essentially, it sounds like if you pick a fight then end up on the losing end, you can't use "self-defense" as your defense for killing someone. Fair enough.

But it seems pretty stupid to have such a law in the first place. Retreat from a violent situation should always be the first option. Opening fire should be the LAST resort when the retreat option is taken off the table.

Apparently an anonymous witness has come forward saying that Trayvon was "straddling" the other dude and beating him up. Who knows how credible that will end up being? It will be interesting to see how all of this plays out.

But it's a life-altering tragedy for all involved no matter how you slice it.
          Originally posted by perilouspete
          fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
            ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
            • Dec 2003

Originally posted by knuckleboner
            no it's not. the 911 tape has the police telling the guy to let them handle it and not to follow him. he did, anyways.
            Doesn't make him a murderer, just as Zimmerman referring to him as a "fucking coon" doesn't....

The grand jury testimony should be very interesting....
            Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• ELVIS
              Banned
              • Dec 2003

So, like it's ok 'n stuff to use a derogatory term like "coon" on this website ??

Comment

• ELVIS
                Banned
                • Dec 2003

Originally posted by knuckleboner
                So if a blg raging pcp head is coming through your window and you have a gun in one hand and your phone in the other hand, and the 911 bitch says don't shoot...

What do you do ??

Comment

• sadaist
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Jul 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
                  So, like it's ok 'n stuff to use a derogatory term like "coon" on this website ??

When speaking of raccoons, yeah. Plus even in it's derogatory form it isn't really considered a 'bad' word like the N-word.

I hate saying N-word. It's like saying F-word. We all know the word. We've all heard it, said it, seen it. Just say it for F-words sake. Just seems silly that adults can't have a conversation about words & language without actually speaking the words in question. Oh well. Civilization....I'll fall in line with whatever is the norm for today.
                  “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• sadaist
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Jul 2004

So if a blg raging pcp head is coming through your window and you have a gun in one hand and your phone in the other hand, and the 911 bitch says don't shoot...

What do you do ??

Oooh...I love these!

um....throw the phone at him and tell him his dealer is on the other end?

Comment

• ELVIS
                      Banned
                      • Dec 2003

Originally posted by sadaist
                      Plus even in it's derogatory form it isn't really considered a 'bad' word like the N-word.
                      Yes it is...

Comment

• FORD
                        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

What do you do ??
                        The raging PCP head is in your house. You aren't sitting in your gas hog SUV following him around the neighborhood. Completely different situation.
                        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• sadaist
                          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                          • Jul 2004

Yes it is...

Well, yeah. I just mean it doesn't carry the same weight. Don't ask me why. Just like out of the curse words we use FUCK is considered the big whopper...yet they are all curse words. Who knows why we put more weight on 1 than the others. Man I'm tired.

Comment

• fryingdutchman
                            Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by FORD
                            The raging PCP head is in your house. You aren't sitting in your gas hog SUV following him around the neighborhood. Completely different situation.
                            Agreed. Once somebody enters your PRIVATE residence, all bets are off.

If it was my house, the asshole gets he his head vented...end of story.
                            Originally posted by perilouspete
                            fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Comment

• jhale667
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

So, let's say Zimmerman DID utter the racial slur...given that, would it be surprising that Martin decided to punch said slur-using douche in the nose? Seems like the normal reaction (and one Zimmerman would DESERVE at that point- fact). ESPECIALLY if the weirdo had been (rather suspiciously) following you up until that point? The kid probably thought HE was about to be assaulted by some bigot whackjob at that point, and was trying to pre-empt the anticipated attack. Regardless, lethal force should NOT have been the go-to response from Zimmerman, sorry.

Bottom line, ZIMMERMAN f*cked up when he kept following Martin. The authorities indicated they were on their way, and did not need him to follow, and he DID.
                              Originally posted by conmee
                              If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                              Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                              I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                              Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                              Originally posted by eddie78
                              I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• jhale667
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Aug 2004

OH, here we go: Now a friend is claiming Zimmerman said "goon" (riiiiiight). “I don’t know of anyone younger than 40 who uses ‘coon’ as a racial epithet anymore.” Funny, I don't know anyone that uses the word "goon"...period! Just sayin'.

Friend: Zimmerman Thought Shooting Would “Blow Over”

UPDATE: Friends of George Zimmerman, who shot and killed Trayvon Martin last month, are starting to come out to defend him. Joe Oliver tells ABC News that Zimerman was distraught over the shooting and has now gone into hiding, fearing for his life.

"Up until this point, because he was there and he knows what happened, and because he's not in jail, he's been very confident—naively—that this will all blow over,”' Oliver said on Good Morning America.

The fringe New Black Panther Party has reportedly offered a $10,000 bounty for the capture of Zimmerman, the Orlando Sentinel reported.

Oliver, who says he has known Zimmerman for a decade, told ABC that the 28-year-old likely said “goon” on the 911 tape rather than “coon” as many people believe. “I don’t know of anyone younger than 40 who uses ‘coon’ as a racial epithet anymore.”

The distinction is important because what he said that night could make the difference in whether authorities will be able to charge Zimmerman with a hate crime, reports the Associated Press. “If that was a racial epithet that preceded the attack on Trayvon Martin, we definitely have a hate crime,” a legal expert says.

Meanwhile, as protests erupt across the country demanding justice for Martin, “the hoodie has emerged as an unlikely symbol,” writes the Miami Herald. Celebrities have joined ordinary citizens posting pictures of themselves wearing hoodies in a show of support for Martin.

Wow, those two new black panther dudes get a lot of press...
                                Originally posted by conmee
                                If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                                Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                                I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                                Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                                Originally posted by eddie78
                                I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

Working...