Speaking Cherry Red
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-12-2015 @ 10:32 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jhale667 View Post
    Sorry, but that's utter horsesh*t - They would've had to have lynched thousands of them for that to be true. At least 3,000 blacks were lynched during the Jim Crow era in the south, do you seriously think the number of sympathizers (specifically republicans) that got harmed in that era matches that?
    You need a quick history lesson, pay attention 'cause they don't teach this shit in public school.

An estimated 3,446 blacks and 1,297 whites died at the end of KKK ropes from 1882 to 1964, many of the blacks killed were killed not solely because of their race but for their political affiliation.

In an 1868 newspaper interview, Nathan Bedford Forrest (Grand Wizard) stated that the Klan's primary opposition was to the Loyal Leagues, Republican state governments, people like Tennessee governor Brownlow and other carpetbaggers and scalawags. He argued that many southerners believed that blacks were voting for the Republican Party because they were being hoodwinked by the Loyal Leagues. - A Battle from the Start: The Life of Nathan Bedford Forrest. New York, New York: HarperCollins Publishers. p. 336.

In effect, the Klan was a military force serving the interests of the Democratic party, the planter class, and all those who desired restoration of white supremacy. It's purposes were political, but political in the broadest sense, for it sought to affect power relations, both public and private, throughout Southern society. It aimed to reverse the interlocking changes sweeping over the South during Reconstruction: to destroy the Republican party's infrastructure, undermine the Reconstruction state, reestablish control of the black labor force, and restore racial subordination in every aspect of Southern life. - Reconstruction: America's Unfinished Revolution, 1863-1877. New York: Harper & Row. 1988. p. 425–426.

The refernces to this type of activity are numerous, but here is a typical example of Klan activity form the era:

Klan violence worked to suppress black voting. More than 2,000 persons were killed, wounded and otherwise injured in Louisiana within a few weeks prior to the Presidential election of November 1868. Although St. Landry Parish had a registered Republican majority of 1,071, after the murders, no Republicans voted in the fall elections. White Democrats cast the full vote of the parish for Grant's opponent. The KKK killed and wounded more than 200 black Republicans, hunting and chasing them through the woods. Thirteen captives were taken from jail and shot; a half-buried pile of 25 bodies was found in the woods. The KKK made people vote Democratic and gave them certificates of the fact. - W.E.B. Du Bois, Black Reconstruction in America: 1860–1880, New York: Oxford University Press, 1935; reprint, The Free Press, 1998, pp.680–681.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

2. Thanked gbranton for this KICKASS post:

Jagermeister (03-28-2012)

Cunning Linguist
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-07-2016 @ 01:20 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,110 Times in 2,874 Posts

This was just posted on Facebook by a friend:

In the middle, U.S. State Representative Bobby Rush (D-IL) who took to the House floor this morning to speak out against the murder of Travyon Martin, but was shouted down and removed by the acting Republican speaker "for wearing a hat." On the left, a picture of U.S. State Rep. Don Young (R-Alaska) speaking in front of the House wearing a beanie. Young was not asked to remove his "hat" when he spoke against Obama's energy plan. On the right, another well-known hoodie wearer.

Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Bottom feeder
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-22-2024 @ 04:52 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Need to pop your shoulder back into socket after that stretch, jhale667???

5. Thanked Catfish for this KICKASS post:

Jagermeister (03-28-2012)

Cunning Linguist
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Thumbs down Swing and miss.

Quote Originally Posted by gbranton View Post
    You need a quick history lesson, pay attention 'cause they don't teach this shit in public school.
    Yeah, well... good thing I went to private school then.

Your post proves I was right...3K versus 1K is NOT "more republicans than blacks". And your post only mentions a few hundred republican lynchings, black or otherwise.

Next time provide a link, btw.

Oh, and die in a fire, Catsh*t!

Open 8am-5pm M-F
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    01-08-2015 @ 01:06 PM
    Status
    Thanks

SO that's where your intolerance for religion came form.

Speaking Cherry Red
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Your post proves I was right...3K versus 1K is NOT "more republicans than blacks". And your post only mentions a few hundred republican lynchings, black or otherwise.

Next time provide a link, btw.
    You should have went to a place that taught reading comprehension skills. I NEVER said more WHITES than blacks, I said REPUBLICANS. All the blacks killed in the text refernced above were killed because they, like most blacks during the Reconstruction period were REPUBLICANS, to keep them from VOTING. I could site more instances such as the one above for days, there have been many books written on the subject. I suppose it's not enough to quote the reasons for forming the Klan in the first place from one of the very first Grand Wizards.

Cunning Linguist
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

You should have went to a place that taught reading comprehension skills..
    You first.

I NEVER said more WHITES than blacks, I said REPUBLICANS.
    And you were still wrong.

Bottom feeder
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

You're a phoney, man. This is, like, way more hateful than anything anyone else has posted in this thread.

Speaking Cherry Red
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

You first.
    In all fairness, my initial post should have read that a majority of people killed by the Klu Klux Klan were killed because they were Republicans. The number of whites versus blacks killed was not germain to the point I was illustrating. They wanted to supress the black vote because most blacks up until the Depression voted Republican.

The first two black US Senators, elected during Reconstruction? Republicans. The first TWENTY ONE black Representatives elected to the House? Also Republicans. Also elected during the Reconstruction period.

Versus ZERO Democrats.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/African...tates_Congress
    Last edited by gbranton; 03-28-2012 at 04:56 PM.

The true JBC
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    11-14-2018 @ 03:27 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,298 Times in 1,690 Posts

Seems to me the fact they were Repukes was just a byproduct.....what black in their right mind wouldn't be a Repuke considering Lincoln freed them.

Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    02-26-2014 @ 09:15 AM
    Status
    Thanks

This was just posted on Facebook by a friend:

In the middle, U.S. State Representative Bobby Rush (D-IL) who took to the House floor this morning to speak out against the murder of Travyon Martin, but was shouted down and removed by the acting Republican speaker "for wearing a hat." On the left, a picture of U.S. State Rep. Don Young (R-Alaska) speaking in front of the House wearing a beanie. Young was not asked to remove his "hat" when he spoke against Obama's energy plan. On the right, another well-known hoodie wearer.

So what, all three are bullshit.

Speaking Cherry Red
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kwame k View Post
    Seems to me the fact they were Repukes was just a byproduct.....what black in their right mind wouldn't be a Repuke considering Lincoln freed them.
    As Ronnie was quoted in the very first post on this thread, the Republicans are the party of individual rights, they had probably had enough of working for the collective.

But seriously, they wouldn't have become Republicans and run on the party ticket without acceptance from the Republican party establishment, so they were obviously tolerant and accepting of them. Black party loyalty really shifted when FDR passed the New Deal. I find it ironic that they now mainly self-identify with the party that fillibustered and voted overwhelmingly AGAINST the Civil Rights Act as opposed to the party that introduced and voted overwhelmingly FOR it.

Cunning Linguist
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

As Ronnie was quoted in the very first post on this thread, the Republicans are the party of individual rights, they had probably had enough of working for the collective.

But seriously, they wouldn't have become Republicans and run on the party ticket without acceptance from the Republican party establishment, so they were obviously tolerant and accepting of them. Black party loyalty really shifted when FDR passed the New Deal. I find it ironic that they now mainly self-identify with the party that fillibustered and voted overwhelmingly AGAINST the Civil Rights Act as opposed to the party that introduced and voted overwhelmingly FOR it.
    Not surprising when you note that neither party resembles their past incarnations in that regard.

Open 8am-5pm M-F
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Damn. I just posted that in the wrong thread.
    Last edited by Jagermeister; 03-28-2012 at 05:18 PM.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:36 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,281 Times in 4,711 Posts

The party of Lincoln and Teddy Roosevelt became the party of the BCE and the Religious Reich. Sadly, the actual Republicans pushed aside by those fascists didn't fight for their own party. Instead they branded themselves the "Democratic Leadership Council" and staged a hostile takeover of the Democratic party instead.

So now we have a right wing party ("Democrats") and a batshit crazy fascist party ("Republicans") with neither one representing the people.

Not that any of this is directly related to a racist vigilante piece of shit who stalked a kid (against police advice) and then murdered him and called it "self defense". (But only after muttering about "fucking coons always getting away with it" into an open phone line.)

Open 8am-5pm M-F
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Where the fuck am I?

The true JBC
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

IIRC, the majority of Republicans came from the Northern Sates and the majority of Democrats were from the Southern States.........in the reconstruction era at least. So including blacks into the GOP would of been an easier sell since it was the industrial North that was the driving force behind the abolition of slavery.

It amazes me that anyone other than a corporate whore would vote Republican anymore.........

Open 8am-5pm M-F
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

It amazes me that anyone other than a corporate whore would vote Republican anymore.........

The true JBC
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Really.....defend the Repukes and why you'd vote for them, Jag!

What have they done in the last 12 years that has made your life better?

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:36 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,281 Times in 4,711 Posts

Really.....defend the Repukes and why you'd vote for them, Jag!

What have they done in the last 12 years that has made your life better?
    12 years?? Shit, the last Republican to do anything decent was Nixon, when he created the EPA. (And that obviously doesn't make up for all the bad shit he did)

Speaking Cherry Red
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Not surprising when you note that neither party resembles their past incarnations in that regard.
    Well not ENTIRELY true, the Repubs in the last couple of decades have appointed blacks as Secretaries of State and Defense and nomiated them to the Supreme Court. BUT neither party has really done much for the average American over that time period. For both parties it has been all about wooing the least sophisticated voters with entitlement programs while sucking the big corporate cock.

Both parties as they are currently constituted, make me sick to my stomach and while I don't like them I DO like history.

The true JBC
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FORD View Post
    12 years?? Shit, the last Republican to do anything decent was Nixon, when he created the EPA. (And that obviously doesn't make up for all the bad shit he did)
    I went with 12 years because I doubt Jag's attention span is capable of going beyond that

Speaking Cherry Red
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jagermeister View Post
    Damn. I just posted that in the wrong thread.
    I know, right? This quote:

As Ronnie was quoted in the very first post on this thread,
    .....was referring to the Ronald Reagan thead. I must have really needed something to eat worse than I thought.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 02:53 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,991 Times in 3,230 Posts

Blog Entries
    The Grand Old Party turned into Gagging On Pricks (GOP). It's full of a bunch of dickheads that make us gag.

27. Thanked Nitro Express for this KICKASS post:

gbranton (03-28-2012)

Speaking Cherry Red
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

IIRC, the majority of Republicans came from the Northern Sates and the majority of Democrats were from the Southern States.........in the reconstruction era at least. So including blacks into the GOP would of been an easier sell since it was the industrial North that was the driving force behind the abolition of slavery.
    But I just linked to 23 Senators and Representatives that were elected to Congress and the House during that time. Most all were from southern states, so somebody down here and not up there was voting for them and you can bet it WASN'T southern Democrats.

Bottom feeder
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Express View Post
    The Grand Old Party turned into Gagging On Pricks (GOP). It's full of a bunch of dickheads that make us gag.
    This thread is a bunch of liberals gagging on each others' pricks! It's hilarious!

The true JBC
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

But I just linked to 23 Senators and Representatives that were elected to Congress and the House during that time. Most all were from southern states, so somebody down here and not up there was voting for them and you can bet it WASN'T southern Democrats.

Sure......I could see a huge swing to Repukes during that time in the South. With blacks and the influx of people taking over the government from the Rebels, it would certainly have been a time of transition from prewar to postwar party affiliation, with the Repukes taking over.

The true JBC
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
    This thread is a bunch of liberals gagging on each others' pricks! It's hilarious!

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
    What's even more hilarious is someone on another VH site said the Roth Army was full of a bunch of angry communists.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    I just see it is there is a big red white and blue dick fucking us all up the ass everyday. Some people enjoy it and some people don't.
    Last edited by Nitro Express; 03-28-2012 at 06:01 PM.

Speaking Cherry Red
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

By the way, Lincoln did not like black people. Though he signed the Emancipation Proclamation, he wanted to send tem all back to Africa or put them all on an island in the Caribbean.

What he REALLY fought the Civil War for was to preserve the Union.

"My paramount object in this struggle is to save the Union, and is not either to save or to destroy slavery. If I could save the Union without freeing any slave I would do it, and if I could save it by freeing all the slaves I would do it; and if I could save it by freeing some and leaving others alone I would also do that. What I do about slavery, and the colored race, I do because I believe it helps to save the Union; and what I forbear, I forbear because I do not believe it would help to save the Union." - Abraham Lincoln, August 22, 1862.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    By the way, Lincoln did not like black people. Though he signed the Emancipation Proclamation, he wanted to send tem all back to Africa or put them all on an island in the Caribbean.

"My paramount object in this struggle is to save the Union, and is not either to save or to destroy slavery. If I could save the Union without freeing any slave I would do it, and if I could save it by freeing all the slaves I would do it; and if I could save it by freeing some and leaving others alone I would also do that. What I do about slavery, and the colored race, I do because I believe it helps to save the Union; and what I forbear, I forbear because I do not believe it would help to save the Union." - Abraham Lincoln, August 22, 1862.
    I watched a program on how to fix the banking system. Lincoln's issuing of green backs was used as an example. Lincoln had to finance the war and he went to the New York bankers. They were already waiting for him but when Lincoln heard the obscene interest rates they were demanding he return to Washington depressed. He then got the wise idea to issue green back currency through the Treasury. It was a successful program. Currently our the tax payer has to pay interest to the Federal Reserve Bank and then pays more interest to the private banks who issue it in the form of loans. Lincoln's green back was interest free and as long as the government didn't print too many and accepted them as payment of taxes, you had a working monetary system better than any central bank. It's what we need to go back to. It worked.

Why Lincoln wanted to preserve the union came up in this program. I never quite got it. The southern states had the legal right to succeed the union so why not let them go? Lincoln knew if the union divided the European powers would invade and take over. Bismark in Germany knew this and he knew the dangers of turning a country's money supply over to private central banks. Apparently the British had moved troops into Canada and the French moved troops into Mexico and would have moved in if the union had split. Saving the union kept Europe out.

The civil war was never about slavery. The freeing of the slaves was a nice bonus because of it. I think we should have made it available for free slaves to return to Africa if they choose to do so and made every effort to reunite them with their family members there. The government could have also set up some co-ops that the slaves could own to help them transition into a free system instead of doing nothing and letting them fare for themselves. Doing nothing created problems that lasted over 100 years.
    Last edited by Nitro Express; 03-28-2012 at 06:19 PM.

The true JBC
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I know all that.......as a matter of fact, when we had a rank the Presidents thread here I stated the exact same thing.

I'm talking more about how during reconstruction many of the established leaders......State and local were taken out of their jobs because of their support of the Southern cause. The new leaders were more in tune with the Repukes by default.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    I think today the Democratic Party and Republican Party exist only to fool people into thinking they have a choice. Both pretty much serve the same corporate interests now. To many people in both parties like money.

Speaking Cherry Red
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Why Lincoln wanted to preserve the union came up in this program. I never quite got it. The southern states had the legal right to succeed the union so why not let them go? Lincoln knew if the union divided the european powers would invade and take over.
    States did and technically still do have the right to succeed. It was protectionism for Nothern manufacturers. The southern states leaving the union would have had a devasating effect on the North's economy, as many essental goods such as cotton and tobacco came from the South. Factories would have been idled, unemployment would have been rampant and the North's economy could very well have collapsed. Lincoln relied on heavy contributions from manufacturers and the railroad industry, who needed to keep the Union intact in order to keep their businesses running, many think he gave in to that pressure to preserve the Union.
    Last edited by gbranton; 03-28-2012 at 06:30 PM.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    You aren't going to grow cotton and sugar cane north of the mason dixon line. So yeah that probably was one reason as well. Follow the money.
    Last edited by Nitro Express; 03-28-2012 at 06:36 PM.

Speaking Cherry Red
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I think today the Democratic Party and Republican Party exist only to fool people into thinking they have a choice. Both pretty much serve the same corporate interests now. To many people in both parties like money.
    I don't think they serve the SAME corpoate intersts entirely. There is some overlap, but Repubs are more cloesly aligned with the military industrial complex, which explains their affinity for being the world police and their zeal to bring "freedom" to everyone who has the resorces to pay for weapons, while the Dems are in the pockets of those selling carbon credits and the like, which explains them throwing away money on non-sustainable "green" technology and the EPA.

Speaking Cherry Red
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I'm talking more about how during reconstruction many of the established leaders......State and local were taken out of their jobs because of their support of the Southern cause. The new leaders were more in tune with the Repukes by default.
    Good point, but people still had to vote for them, they were't running unopposed.

Speaking Cherry Red
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I know all that.......as a matter of fact, when we had a rank the Presidents thread here I stated the exact same thing.
    I PERSONALLY wouldn't rank him too highly. He suspended Habius Corpus, then issued an arrest warrant for a Supreme Court Chief Justice when he correctly ruled that according to Article I of the Constitution, only Congress, not the president, could suspend the Great Writ of Habeas Corpus. He jailed newpaper editors who dared disagree with him, turned the US Army on it's own citizens in placs like New York City to quash protests and then put tens of tousands of them in prison. He put captured Confederate soldiers into prison camps where thousand died of hunger, disease and exposure.

The Menace Is Loose Again
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-08-2015 @ 12:58 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,934 Times in 1,875 Posts

Catfish + fire = yummy fish fry

44. Thanked sadaist for this KICKASS post:

gbranton (03-28-2012)

Thread Information