X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ZahZoo
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by jhale667
    That whole story just seems weird, and I'd love to see it officially confirmed or debunked. I mean, who doesn't offer condolences to their bandmate of 30 years when their parent dies, even if you're currently pissed at each other? From everything I've ever read seen or heard, Mike seems like too nice of a guy to have done that...
    I firmly believe that whole story of Mike not offering condolences when Ed's mom passed is 120% pure fabrication that stemmed from these fan boards not any real life occurrence.

If there were any truth to it... she died at a time when the brothers were holed up in the bat cave and not talking to anyone during Ed's cancer/divorce era. From what I recall there wasn't even an obit in any of the So Cal newspapers. So her passing could have come and gone and no one but the immediate family knew. That can't be called a snub if public knowledge wasn't in play... On the flip side... there's not one shred or crumb of evidence that Dave even extended a kind word during this event. It's all urban internet legend until one of the players clarify...
    "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• fryingdutchman
      Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by jhale667
      That whole story just seems weird, and I'd love to see it officially confirmed or debunked. I mean, who doesn't offer condolences to their bandmate of 30 years when their parent dies, even if you're currently pissed at each other? From everything I've ever read seen or heard, Mike seems like too nice of a guy to have done that...
      Agreed, jhale. I did preface it with "legend has it", so I'm not saying I totally buy into it.
      Originally posted by perilouspete
      fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Comment

• Carmine
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by ZahZoo
        I firmly believe that whole story of Mike not offering condolences when Ed's mom passed is 120% pure fabrication that stemmed from these fan boards not any real life occurrence... It's all urban internet legend until one of the players clarify...

I agree totally, Zahz...even though there's probably a rant or two from me on this topic somewhere on this board...blame that on first reaction and my own personal beliefs towards something like this...

Comment

• fwacf
          Roadie
          • Jul 2004

Wait for the book......I gotta feeling after the success of this tour and the lack luster of Chickenfeed,we may see a Mikey Book soon!
          When you turn on your stereo, does it return the favor?

Comment

• MmboSlmrCasalad
            Roadie
            • May 2004

I was thinking the same thing recently...as a b-side or as part of a "mini-set" within their stage show...have Ed play his dad's part on guitar instead...

Comment

• 78/84 guy
              Crazy Ass Mofo
              • Apr 2005

Originally posted by vanshipman
              I would love to see the band play Big Bad Bill as a tribute to Ed and AL's Dad, and Wolf's Grandfather. That would be epic, they could pipe in Jan's part and have pictures as they play.
              Great fucking idea !! The only cover on that album they should have really done. Even though I like the album. People would love it that don't even know it.

Comment

Working...