3/29/12 Billy Sheehan Int - Pro Shot EEAS Footage, Remastered Sonrisa Salvaje in EUR

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nitro Express
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by moose
    EEAS show here in Toronto was one of the best shows
    I have ever seen

Would love to see a DVD release of that tour
    Roth pulled out all the stops on that one. I loved the stage and lighting rig. It was about as full in your face rock and roll as you could get before people became conformists and such things upset people.
    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Hardrock69
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Feb 2005

After seeing van hagar 3 months previous, I knew what the real deal was when Uncle Dave hit town. His tour was what the next Van Halen tour should have been.

Comment

• Zing!
        Veteran
        • Oct 2011

Originally posted by vandeleur
        i remember when i heard vai had joined whitesnake i couldnt believe it ... still makes no sense now
        WTF... still to this day - makes not a lick of sense, other than a gi-normous paycheck. Love Jason Becker, love ALAE, but also wonder what a third, proper rock album with Vai might have been like. I know there's some folks here that despise the guy as a 6-string wanker, but he filled some pretty big shoes at the time.
        My karma just ran over your dogma.

Comment

• kr4m3r
          Roth Army Recruit
          • Feb 2012

Originally posted by Zing!
          but he filled some pretty big shoes at the time.
          ..indeed he did, reminds me of this:
          Another one from this infamous concert!!! Nobody in the crowd knew that Yngwie had left the band and some fuckers started to insult Steve! This is a great co...

at 1.04 "You suck!"

Amazing, he learnt the songs in 2 days !

Comment

• Terry
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Zing!
            WTF... still to this day - makes not a lick of sense, other than a gi-normous paycheck. Love Jason Becker, love ALAE, but also wonder what a third, proper rock album with Vai might have been like. I know there's some folks here that despise the guy as a 6-string wanker, but he filled some pretty big shoes at the time.
            From everything I've read, Vai just wasn't into the stuff Dave was doing by the time Skyscaper rolled around, which makes the switch the Whitesnake inexplicable except as a paycheck, agreed...because that Slip Of The Tongue album was fucking dreadful.

I kinda like A Little Ain't Enough overall a bit more than Skyscaper, truth be told.
            Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• DONNIEP
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Mar 2004

Speaking of Vai, anybody remember when we had his journal from the EEAS tour up on the site? Or was that DDLR.com?
              American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• Zing!
                Veteran
                • Oct 2011

Originally posted by DONNIEP
                Speaking of Vai, anybody remember when we had his journal from the EEAS tour up on the site? Or was that DDLR.com?
                Definitely remember Vai's journal - a must read for all Diamond Dave fans. Don't remember where I saw that first - but it was really the tour to end all tours from his perspective - like Dave never missed a beat, didn't pause at all from the VH days to his first solo tour.. total decadence and rock and roll extreme...

From where I sit, ALAE is a way better album than Skyscaper. Pure rock. Sure, Dave's voice sounds better on Skyscraper, but the uber-over-the-top mixing of that album dates it beyond belief.. at least to my dumb ass ears.
                My karma just ran over your dogma.

Comment

• DONNIEP
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Mar 2004

Just for the sheer impact alone EEAS has to be Dave's best solo record, in my drunken opinion. Damn, I remember waiting for that record and when I pressed play on the tape player - holy muther fucker!!!
                  American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• vandeleur
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Sep 2009

Yeah i prefer ALAE to skyscraper
                    fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• Carmine
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Apr 2004

It's not Pro-Shot...but this isn't too bad...Man, what a tour that was...

Comment

• vandeleur
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Sep 2009

what a great video .. put a smile on my face for the day .... how much energy on that stage .. shit ,you could power a city for a week
                        fuck your fucking framing

Comment

Working...