A Strat is born...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Strat is born...

Cool vid showing how a Strat is fabricated at the Fender factory from start to finish....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Mnyl...layer_embedded

Originally posted by conmee
    If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
    Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
    I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
    Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
    Originally posted by eddie78
    I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

I'd like to see that side by side with a Les Paul and then an explanation about why they are twice as expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by Seshmeister View Post
      I'd like to see that side by side with a Les Paul and then an explanation about why they are twice as expensive.
      The Discovery Channel did a tour of the Gibson plant for one of their "how'd they build that" shows a few years back... you gotta figure it's a more labor-intensive process with the glued-in neck and the laminate top, etc. - but still, they ARE a bit steep in price...
      If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

Originally posted by jhale667 View Post
        The Discovery Channel did a tour of the Gibson plant for one of their "how'd they build that" shows a few years back... you gotta figure it's a more labor-intensive process with the glued-in neck and the laminate top, etc. - but still, they ARE a bit steep in price...

Some Assembly Required: Gibson Guitars

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
        ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

It bugs me because I've always wanted one but not as a main guitar and it seems too much. My pal recently bought a new US Strat which over here was $1500 and a new Les Paul standard which was about $2500.

Anecdotal and subjective but for me the Strat was way nicer to play.

Comment

When I was a kid I was given a choice between a Strat or a Les Paul (Custom) once I'd proven to my mom that I was serious about playing... because I was an EVH/Rhoads freak and wanted something with a trem, I took the Strat...in hindsight probably should've taken the LP...

I still kinda want one, but no way am I dropping $3K or more for something I'll still end up changing the pickups and hardware on.

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

I've been gassing over these two Agiles from Rondo music...

$439.00

$425.00

"If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

A Les Paul has binding. A more sophisticated finish. A glued in neck and tilted head stock. An arched top. They are a lot more work to make than a Strat. The wood in them is more expensive too. Plus you are paying for the name too.
                No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

We have seen how a Strat is born. This is how a Strat dies.
                  No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

Originally posted by jhale667 View Post
                    . - but still, they ARE a bit steep in price...
                    Yup, but once you find the one that speaks to you. It's worth every penny...
                    Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

No trem and awkward to reach high notes it could never be my main guitar.

Comment

No trem and awkward to reach high notes it could never be my main guitar.
                        I used a Floyd's a lot back in the day. Still do occasionally. But my main guitar for many years was a Gibson Flying V.
                        Once I got my LP, it's been my main beast for the last 7 years. I can't escape it's tone. (Duncan JB- bridge- Gibson 485 paf -neck)
                        Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

A V has never appealed to me because of the awkwardness of playing sitting down. That said I try to force myself to practice standing up most of the time these days as it really makes a huge difference.

Comment

I know what you mean about tone though over the last year I've been using an Ibanez thing that was nowhere near as nice to play as my handmade custom thing I'd been playing for 20 years just because it sounded so good with the Dimarzio's I had put in it.

Comment

i had a 1960 flametop reissue for a while... there's just something about them i don't like.

there's nothing about strats i don't like.

Comment

Working...
                              X