Complete video of 1983 Montevideo, Uruguay concert FOUND!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • scottxconn
    Roth Army Recruit
    • Mar 2012

Complete video of 1983 Montevideo, Uruguay concert FOUND!

Although this is my first post on the Army, I've enjoyed the website for a while now. I've been a CVH fan all my life.

A friend recently gave me a copy of the complete video of the band's 1983 show in Montevideo, Uruguay. In the 80's, his ex-wife worked at a company which did business with the band's management, and she was able to access the band's library of recordings. The recording is similar to that of the other concerts in circulation from that tour, including the A/V quality, although the band has a bit more energy on this one, and the crowd was really into it the whole night.

His ex was able to copy quite a bit of material back then, including several complete proshots from different tours with Dave which are not in circulation yet. I saw the list of recordings he has, and the best way to describe it is that it's a goldmine. Aside from the Uruguay show, the only other footage he showed me was of a proshot of one of the 1984 shows; the camerawork and video quality is amazing. I had to ask him about the Grail, and his ex wasn't able to find anything, just the three videos of the Oakland show already in circulation.

I'm sure most of you are doubting the existence of the Uruguay recording, as it's been almost thirty years since the show. So I've posted a clip of the night's last song, YRGM, on YouTube, for which I'm attaching the link below. I'd like to share the concert video, and I'm now working on cleaning up the A/V.

I hope you all enjoy the clip. All the best.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
  • Jagermeister
    Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

Holy shit! Is this for real?

Comment

• Jagermeister
      Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

Wait a minute here folks. This dude flies in here and is making a very serious claim and I am not sure you all understand the garvity of it.

Comment

• DLR4VH
        Full On Cocktard
        • Jun 2004

Pro shot of 1984 tour

Comment

• Jagermeister
          Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

Originally posted by DLR4VH
          Pro shot of 1984 tour
          Among other things yes. Montevideo video? Something appears suspect to me and I can't quite put my finger on it but I am excited.

Comment

• DLR4VH
            Full On Cocktard
            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Jagermeister
            Among other things yes. Montevideo video? Something appears suspect to me and I can't quite put my finger on it but I am excited.
            What's suspect is that Eddie's playing YRGM with his double neck Kramer

Comment

• moose
              Veteran
              • Mar 2004

video footage of the a 1984 show......saweet!!

Comment

• don don
                Groupie
                • Jan 2007

Can't fucking wait to see that shit!

Comment

• ELVIS
                  Banned
                  • Dec 2003

One suggestion...

Please leave the audio alone.

Even if you know what you're doing audio-wise, leave it alone if you're going to share it...

Please...

Comment

• Jagermeister
                    Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

Well yeah but it's not very nice of the dude to post that and then just leave.

Comment

• private parts
                      Sniper
                      • Jan 2007

Originally posted by Jagermeister
                      Well yeah but it's not very nice of the dude to post that and then just leave.
                      No shit!. Mystery Man wait, come back.
                      sigpic" You ever notice when I scream I sound like Mr. Bill on acid" DLR

Comment

• VAiN
                        Use my hand, I won't look
                        ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

This sounds fishy as hell, but I'll be the first guy thanking him if it's real.
                        Originally posted by wiseguy
                        That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• chefcraig
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by VAiN
                          Agreed, but then again if you told me as recently as Christmas time that there would be seven classic Van Halen albums available by Spring and the band would be touring with a pretty impressive set list, I would have said you were off your rocker. Nominally, if something sounds too good to be true, it is. But in this new bizarro world of Van Halen, I'll take a wait and see attitude.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                          ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Jagermeister
                            Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

Originally posted by VAiN
                            I have not listened to the audio of that show in a long time. Have you?

Comment

• Mushroom
                              Commando
                              • Jul 2009

Originally posted by scottxconn
                              Although this is my first post on the Army, I've enjoyed the website for a while now. I've been a CVH fan all my life.

A friend recently gave me a copy of the complete video of the band's 1983 show in Montevideo, Uruguay. In the 80's, his ex-wife worked at a company which did business with the band's management, and she was able to access the band's library of recordings. The recording is similar to that of the other concerts in circulation from that tour, including the A/V quality, although the band has a bit more energy on this one, and the crowd was really into it the whole night.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1r8QG76QxY
                              ok good for you. Now either share all with the rest of us (hey its illegal for you to profit off of this) or STFU

Comment

Working...