Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sadaist
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jul 2004

OK. Angus & Malcolm? Seems obvious. Maybe too obvious though.
    “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Kristy
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by sadaist
      OK. Angus & Malcolm? Seems obvious. Maybe too obvious though.
      YOU WIN!

Here's your $100!

Don't spend it all in one place.

Comment

• sadaist
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jul 2004

LOL! Shit, I can barely get out of 7-11 for under $20...and that's when I DON'T buy gas.

That's pretty cool though. I never knew they had a 3rd brother. Pretty neat he is also musically inclined. Those boys sure got it flowing in their blood.
        “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Matt White
          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Kristy
          Brilliant...right.
          Grow up................

IN honor of EASTER

"WHEN THE MAN COMES AROUND"

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/sFTOznr-_H8?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sFTOznr-_H8?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

And I heard, as it were, the noise of thunder: One of the four beasts saying: "Come and see." And I saw. And behold, a white horse.
          There's a man goin' 'round takin' names. An' he decides who to free and who to blame. Everybody won't be treated all the same. There'll be a golden ladder reaching down. When the man comes around.

The hairs on your arm will stand up. At the terror in each sip and in each sup. For you partake of that last offered cup, Or disappear into the potter's ground. When the man comes around.

Hear the trumpets, hear the pipers. One hundred million angels singin'. Multitudes are marching to the big kettle drum. Voices callin', voices cryin'. Some are born an' some are dyin'. It's Alpha's and Omega's Kingdom come.

And the whirlwind is in the thorn tree. The virgins are all trimming their wicks. The whirlwind is in the thorn tree. It's hard for thee to kick against the pricks.

Till Armageddon, no Shalam, no Shalom. Then the father hen will call his chickens home. The wise men will bow down before the throne. And at his feet they'll cast their golden crown. When the man comes around.

Whoever is unjust, let him be unjust still. Whoever is righteous, let him be righteous still. Whoever is filthy, let him be filthy still. Listen to the words long written down, When the man comes around.

Hear the trumpets, hear the pipers. One hundred million angels singin'. Multitudes are marchin' to the big kettle drum. Voices callin', voices cryin'. Some are born an' some are dyin'. It's Alpha's and Omega's Kingdom come.

And the whirlwind is in the thorn tree. The virgins are all trimming their wicks. The whirlwind is in the thorn tree. It's hard for thee to kick against the pricks.

In measured hundredweight and penny pound. When the man comes around.

And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts, And I looked and behold: a pale horse. And his name, that sat on him, was Death. And Hell followed with him.

Comment

• Kristy
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Matt White
            Grow up................
            Some day you'll see the light.

Comment

• 78/84 guy
              Crazy Ass Mofo
              • Apr 2005

Bullfrog Blues- Rory Gallagher
              Stranglehold- Ted Nugent
              Red House- Jimi Hendrix
              Unchained- Van Halen
              Sin City- AC/DC

Comment

• Matt White
                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Kristy
                Some day you'll see the light.
                IN THE LIGHT???

I have seen it..............

Straight from Albion.........................

Comment

• chefcraig
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Apr 2004

I really don't give a crap if people think this stuff (or my liking of it) is wimpy, it's great shit and yeah, it's fucking beautiful, downright gorgeous music. I feel gifted as hell to have heard it.

Simon & Garfunkel from the September 19, 1981 Concert in Central Park. This was subsequently shown on HBO back in the days that I had enough disposable income to afford more than basic cable.

A Paul Simon solo song, this version features the rarity of being sung solely by Art Garfunkel. From the same Central Park show, this track would hold special meaning to those witnessing or reflecting upon the events of September 11, 2001, some twenty years later.

Originally from 1966's Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme album, I'm unsure of where and when this clip was recorded. Not that it matters.

The title track to my favorite album of all time. There isn't a live take in existence that equals the quality of the studio version.

Another Elton and Bernie tune, originally from the Honky Chateau album, covered here in a wonderful fashion by the always lovely Wilson sisters.

Last edited by chefcraig; 04-08-2012, 02:02 PM.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                  ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Coyote
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Jan 2004

(Actually, it's a Duke Ellington tune... But Django just fuckin' owns it.)

Why settle for something you have, if it's not as good as something you're out to get?

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                    It's like putting up a YouTube of Bach and playing Chopstix on your Bontempi...

Comment

• Mr. Vengeance
                      Full Member Status

• Nov 2004

Here's one..
                      Stay Frosty, muthas!

Comment

• Etienne
                        Commando
                        • Aug 2010

Steely Dan - Kid Charlemagne

Comment

• TJ71
                          Roth Army Recruit
                          • Feb 2012

Comment

• katina
                            Commando
                            • Mar 2012

STILL LIFE Peter Hammill , composed in 1975, with Van der Graaf Generator, I copied the lyrics:

Citadel reverberates to a thousand voices, now dumb:
                            what have we become? What have we chosen to be?
                            Now, all history is reduced to the syllables of our name -
                            nothing can ever be the same now the Immortals are here.
                            At the time, it seemed a reasonable course
                            to harness all the force of life without the threat of death,
                            but soon we found
                            that boredom and inertia are not negative,
                            but all the law we know
                            and dead are Will and words like survival.

Arrival at immunity from all age, all fear and all end....
                            Why do I pretend? Our essence is distilled
                            and all familiar taste is now drained
                            and though purity is maintained it leaves us sterile,
                            living through the millions of years,
                            a laugh as close as any tear....
                            Living, if you claim that all that entails is
                            breathing, eating, defecating, screwing, drinking,
                            spewing, sleeping, sinking ever down and down
                            and ultimately passing away time
                            which no longer has any meaning.

Take away the threat of death
                            and all you're left with is a round of make-believe;
                            marshal every sullen breath
                            and though you're ultimately bored by endless ecstasy
                            that's still the ring by which you hope to be engaged
                            to marry the girl who will give you forever -
                            that's crazy, and plainly
                            it simply is not enough.

What is the dullest and bluntest of pains,
                            such that my eyes never close without feeling it there?
                            What abject despair demands an end to all things of infinity?
                            If we have gained, how do we now meet the cost?
                            What have we bargained, and what have we lost?
                            What have we relinquished, never even knowing it was there?

What chance now of holding fast the line,
                            defying death and time
                            when everything we had is gone?
                            Everything we laboured for and favoured more
                            than earthly things reveals the hollow ring
                            of false hope and of false deliverance.

But now the nuptial bed is made,
                            the dowry has been paid;
                            the toothless, haggard features of Eternity
                            now welcome me between the sheets
                            to couple with her withered body - my wife.

Hers forever,
                            hers forever,
                            hers forever
                            in still life.

Comment

• sadaist
                              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                              • Jul 2004

Probably over played to the bone, but still one of the best songs ever recorded. Definitely this bands best. I won't speak about much of their other output. Let's just enjoy the great they did create.

Comment

• Matt White
                                • Jun 2004

QUEEN............so many BRILLIANT tunes!

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1EvL7-9RVGE?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1EvL7-9RVGE?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

Stevie!!! Such a musical genius!

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Xi-BUgf8Ohw?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><par am name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Xi-BUgf8Ohw?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

The IMMORTAL SAM COOKE

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NaNzxniXxYE?version=3&feature=player_detailpage">< param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NaNzxniXxYE?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

Comment

Working...