• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuckit, Im gonna do it. MWM and CGTSNM

Cant get this stuff no more
    Me wise Magic

Im putting them on the end of ADKOT.

Fuck the haters of those songs, I reckon they will
    round it off just nicely. What an album 15 songs !

Would love to hear MWM and Blood and Fire in the next legs on tour.
    I reckon Wolf and Eddie can cover the backing vox on that song too...

Am I crazy ? Im going to reburn the CD.
    BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
    Love ya Mary Frances!

You're crazy... but it's a mostly normal kind of crazy...
    "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

I think those two track rock
      fuck your fucking framing

Comment

For the love of the baby Jesus......don't do it
        Originally posted by vandeleur
        E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

Do it. I never understood why those two songs were so disliked. Just the sheer impact of hearing CGTSNM on the radio, out of the blue one day, was like having VH kick your front door down! 12 years with no Van Halen and all of a sudden you hear this on the radio - and you think, is that who I think it is...no, that can't be...hell YEAH, that's Van Fuckin' Halen!!!
          American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

I always liked the songs for what they were... at the time, they were certainly better than anything else we had heard for 11 years, and arguably better than half of Diver Down and 1984. (covers and keyboards, etc.) But I think the clusterfuck of the whole 1996 "reunion" trainwreck really ruined the whole thing for a lot of people, and that probably includes the band themselves, given their reluctance to even acknowledge the existence of the songs on the 2007/8 tour or the current tour.

Of course, now with this monster album that ADKOT is, those two songs from 1996 seem a little weaker by comparison, even though they were the 100% original lineup (well who knows whether Sobolewski actually played bass on the damn things or not).

As for burning them onto a CD with the new album.... why the Hell not? It's easier than having to fast forward over a bunch of Hagar cheese every time you want to hear them.
            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

I'd replace "Big River" and "Beats Working" with those tracks, then put "As Is" at the end, where the song's fade-out would fit perfectly and should have been located in the first place.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
              ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

Totally with you on that one, Ford. These two songs were all we were gonna get at that time. And, as you said, ADKOT is a monster album.
                I wouldn't put CGTSNM & MWM at the end of the CD, just because the sound's not the same. But fuck me, they're powerful as well.
                And fuck Bozolewski.
                I have spoken.

Comment

I couldn't do that. MWM is a solid track, but I can't stand Ed's tone on it, and CGTSNM musically sounds like a Haggar left-over, saved only by Dave's fitting lyrics. They showcase the last time we would ever see the original line-up, but they also represent one of the worst chapters in the band's history. I was just as delirious as anybody when I first heard MWM on the radio and had that "...is this VAN HALEN?" moment, but neither of these two tracks measure up to anything on ADKOT for me.
                  My karma just ran over your dogma.

Comment

i think both tracks are great , put them on a cd ... why not ... but I dont think there better than anything on ADKOT .....

Comment

I love these tracks, but they don't gonna play MWM live because Dave doesn't like this song that much ( told this on radio 2002) , but hey : You Never Know!!

They've done already HEAR ABOUT IT LATER ,, GIRL GONE BAD ,, OUTTA LOVE AGAIN ,, WOMEN IN LOVE so let's hope they will surprise us with some more

stuff they haven't done yet like : ME WISE MAGIC , CAN'T GET THIS STUFF.. , DIRTY MOVIES ,, BIG RIVER ,, TOP JIMMY and STAY FROSTY!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Panamark View Post
                        blood and fire is my favorite on the album. and damn if DC wasn't the 2nd venue they played it at live. i'd seen earlier set lists, but didn't check the immediately preceeding one. so when eddie began the intro to blood and fire, my shit-eatting grin crammed in a bunch more shit...so to speak.

was way cool that the most exciting point of the night for the knuckleboner was one of the new songs. viva van halen!

Comment

Originally posted by Panamark View Post
                          Cant get this stuff no more
                          Me wise Magic

Im putting them on the end of ADKOT.

Fuck the haters of those songs, I reckon they will
                          round it off just nicely. What an album 15 songs !

I reckon Wolf and Eddie can cover the backing vox on that song too...

Am I crazy ? Im going to reburn the CD.
                          I agree 100%.

I kinda thought they should have been put on....but I bet they will be put on a later printing as bonus songs. They deserve a better home than the 1 they share with Hagar.
                          “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

Blood And fire when am listening to it just makes me think of the triumph over adversity and the final death throws of van Hagar .it's just a love song to the CVH faithful ... Dave says it best ... Told you I'd be coming back.
                            Last edited by vandeleur; 04-10-2012, 07:25 PM.

Comment

MWM and CGTSNM are fine tracks...even more so considering the context of how they were created.

I'd sooner listen to either of those than, say, Where Have All The Good Times Gone...or I'll Wait.

Doubt they'll get a live airing this tour, though.
                              Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

Working...
                              X