X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr Walker
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Green Manalishi
    This is a real gem and a total treat to watch . Obviously Keef is a wreck and Mick has to carry this tune . If this is ever officially released as a live DVD / CD I would be greatly interested . This is my favorite era of Stones music . I recently purchased the box set of " Ya - Ya's " , and the DVD's of " Ladies and Gentlemen..." , " Stones In Exile " , and " Some Girls - Live In Texas 1978 " . Kick ass stuff ! This recent raiding of the archives does not hurt my feelings . I hope it continues .

Snow's the time to cash in... can't take it with you.

Comment

• FORD
      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by ODShowtime
      So let me get this straight. You can D/L the FLACs and happily pay for them in other countries, but not in the USA? That's fucking retarded.
      Hell yeah it is. At $9 for a fucking double album, they would easily sell millions of copies of this, if they would allow the real thing to be sold in the US. Yeah, I'm sure the iPod junkies will buy the crappy Mp3 version. Hell if that's the only way you listen to music, you'll probably never notice the difference. But it doesn't work on an actual audio system.
      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• FORD
        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

It appears the Stones do have official video of this show. Does this mean another Eagle Rock DVD is imminent?

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• FORD
          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Interesting lineup on this one.... Woody on bass. Wyman on synthesizer. Might be the only time that ever happened on stage.
          Last edited by FORD; 04-20-2012, 02:21 AM.
          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• FORD
            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

The 1973 version is still better, but this is alright.........

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• ODShowtime
              ROCKSTAR

• Jun 2004

Ever since I got my serious speaker set up a few months ago I don't fuck around any more. MP3s are for when you're at the beach or at work or something. That's it. I mostly spin vinyl these days... Man Ford I just picked up a Stones Europe 73 FM LP about a month ago... was so excited. It looked ok in the store but it's all scratched Would have sounded great.

I won't listen to MP3s in my house unless I need to hear something and can't find it. They don't sound right.
              gnaw on it

Comment

• FORD
                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

OK, now that I've burned this entire show to CD's and listened to it in its entirety on a real stereo, I have a theory about this Stones Archive series....

Given the serious flaws in performances here from both the coke-addled Mick and the smacked up Keef, this couldn't have been either of them who chose to put this out. So I'm thinking Archive #1 - Brussels Affair was Keith's choice. Archive #2 - Hampton 1981 was Mick's choice. And since Woody (and Billy Preston) is the true star of THIS show, he must have been the one who chose to release this show.

So if my theory is correct, I can't wait to see what Charlie picks for Archive #4. I doubt Mr. Watts reads this board, but if any of you lurking Universal Music Group spies have his e mail, I know I'd love to see a fully remastered soundboard from the 1969-70 tour. (Probably not the Altamont show, given the history)
                Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

Working...