"Family Research Council" dumbass blames the gays for Colombian prostitution scandal

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

"Family Research Council" dumbass blames the gays for Colombian prostitution scandal

Tony Perkins blames Secret Service Prostitution Scandal on the Repeal of Don't Ask Don't Tell
    Submitted by Brian Tashman on Tue, 04/17/2012 - 11:30am

Yesterday Janet Mefferd hosted Family Research Council president Tony Perkins where they spent most of the time lamenting the inevitable nomination of Mitt Romney, as Mefferd was troubled by Romney’s past (but since renounced) support of gay rights. But the two agreed that Obama’s advocacy for equal rights for gays and lesbians is far more disconcerting and Perkins even tied last year’s repeal of Don’t Ask Don’t Tell to the scandal involving Secret Service agents who solicited prostitutes in Colombia. While prostitution is legal in the country, their use of prostitutes had the potential to compromise the President’s security. Perkins claimed that since the President has been “enforcing open homosexuality in our military” then he should not have been “upset” about the prostitution scandal, maintaining that Don’t Ask Don’t Tell’s repeal led to “a total breakdown” in “moral order”:
    Mefferd: You know one issue that I think has not gotten as much attention as it deserves to get is the homosexuality issue. A lot of people have talked about Mitt Romney and what he did with the gay marriage issue and so forth in Massachusetts, but even Politico and the New York Times have talked a lot about the increasing number of top Republicans who are donating to pro-gay causes, the extent to which the GOP doesn’t want to fight on this issue anymore. But we as Christians can’t stand stop fighting on this issue, Tony, so what do we do when we’re faced with a race where maybe we feel like the candidates are way too similar on this and both of them are wrong?

Perkins: Yeah, you know that’s a great point. Just for a moment step back and look at the implications of this, over the weekend we saw the news of the President’s Secret Service detail in Colombia and the issue of them hiring prostitutes and now the White House is outraged about that. Actually in a meeting this morning my staff asked, ‘why should the President be upset’? It was actually legal; it was legal there to do that, so why should we be upset? Well, the fact is we intuitively know it’s wrong, there’s a moral law against that.

The same is true for what the President has done to the military enforcing open homosexuality in our military. You can change the law but you can’t change the moral law that’s behind it. You can change the positive law, the law that is created by man, but you can’t change the moral law, it’s wrong. So what you have is you have a total breakdown and you can’t pick and choose. Morality is not a smorgasbord; you can’t pick what you want. I think you’re absolutely right, this is a fundamental issue going forward because if we say ‘let them do what we want,’ what’s next? You cannot maintain moral order if you are willing to allow a few things to slide.
    <embed width="400" height="20" flashvars="file=/sites/default/files/mp3/Perkins Mefferd 4-17-2012.mp3" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" bgcolor="undefined" src="http://www.rightwingwatch.org/sites/default/files/mp3/player.swf"></embed>

"enforcing open homosexuality"?? What the fuck does that even mean, Norman Bates???

Link
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992
  • jhale667
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

What an idiot. Everyone know's it's Sophia Vergara's fault....

This quote sums it up: "But we as Christians can’t stand stop fighting on this issue" - yeah, keep standing up for intolerance, and trying to make false equivalencies, f*cktards.
    Originally posted by conmee
    If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
    Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
    I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
    Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
    Originally posted by eddie78
    I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• Nitro Express
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

The whole scandal could very well be bullshit and another cooked up red herring. I was talking to a retired FBI special agent about this and he says the kind of background check one has to go through to be on the presidential security team is about a thorough as it can be. Adultry is considered a security risk and can get you booted out of the Secret Service. I mean these guys are screened and they aren't going to be the ones who are going to be involved with prostitutes and parties on such a level. I'm calling bullshit on this one. I buy this one about as much as I buy them getting Osama Bin Laden. Where's the proof? With Obama I want proof because his whole administration are nothing but a bunch of crooks and liars. I believe this about as much as I believe in Bush' "Weapons of mass destruction".

I see it as nothing more than a corrupt, desperate White House trying to slander one of this country's long-standing security agencies. The Secret Service never had this level of problems before Obama, strange that they would suddenly have it now. The president probably wants to take control of that organization and run it the way he sees fit and fill it full of a bunch of his cronies.

This shit is so third world is laughable.
      No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• jhale667
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
        I see it as nothing more than a corrupt, desperate White House trying to slander one of this country's long-standing security agencies. The Secret Service never had this level of problems before Obama, strange that they would suddenly have it now. The president probably wants to take control of that organization and run it the way he sees fit and fill it full of a bunch of his cronies.

...And with THAT, ladies and gentleman, a new conspiracy theory is hatched...

Really - you think the POTUS would want to have to quickly replace 11 members of the entourage that was supposed to be prepping the place for his arrival on short notice? Was the hooker that complained over the $60 discrepancy a CIA operative?
        If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• FORD
          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Irony there is that Mark Sullivan, the guy running the Secret Service is a Chimpointee......

Though a Colombian hooker on the BCE/CIA payroll wouldn't be out of the question, considering how involved the BCE/CIA is in the "local agriculture".
          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Nitro Express
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

If the Secret Service is that far gone how come problems like this haven't showed up before? Loose women have always been used as tools to compromise security. Nothing new there. All I know is people who know what kind of background checks are required even to get these kind of jobs are saying bullshit on this one. Maybe one or two agents go off the deep end but 11? You are talking the inner security around the US President here. One thing they screen even to get into the service is how likely you are to be involved in such shenanigans. Such people can be blackmailed and compromised. The last kind of people the Secret Service wants to hire are people who think with their dicks. It's one reason security agencies like to hire conservative, religious family oriented people who are less likely to play around.

Comment

• jhale667
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
              If the Secret Service is that far gone how come problems like this haven't showed up before?
              Who says it hasn't, and this is the first we've ever heard of it? That's the thing about this incident - had the hooker NOT complained, no way would we know about it...and they were so calm and routine about it the implication is this type of activity has occurred before.

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• BITEYOASS
                ROTH ARMY ELITE
                • Jan 2004

This is what happens when you hire former Navy sailors into the Secret Service.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                  SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

So, "homosexuality bad, potential sex trafficking and slavery goooodddd." Mongoloid right wing christian fucknuts!

Comment

• BigBadBrian
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Jan 2004

FORD, the forum fag, posts yet another story that offends his ilk. Too pathetic.
                    “If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush

Comment

• jhale667
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004

Brie is living proof that the dudes who are the most homophobic are the ones compensating for, and repressing their own hunger for da KACK.... and Brie sees gay people ...EVERYWHERE...EVEN IN THE MIRROR...

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• binnie
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • May 2006

I've never understood why people are against homosexuals.........just can't understand the prejudice.
                        The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• Seshmeister
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Comment

• Nitro Express
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by binnie
                            I've never understood why people are against homosexuals.........just can't understand the prejudice.
                            I don't mind homosexuals who are decent enough to realize they don't have to shove their sex life in everyone's face and think they are extra special. I tire of the ones who think they are extra special, want extra special treatment and they are going to shove their whole agenda down your throat.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Do you still agree with your post if you replace the word 'homosexuals' with 'people'?

Do you like heterosexuals that do that?

Comment

Working...