Warning: Undefined array key "birthday" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/notice.php on line 1 Dick Clark Dead at 82.... - The Diamond David Lee Roth Army

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dick Clark Dead at 82....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dick Clark Dead at 82....

MSNBC is reporting that the king of American Bandstand and New Year's Eve is dead at 82...

Dick Clark dead at 82
    By TODAY news services
    Slideshow: Dick Clark remembered

Famed television personality Dick Clark died of a heart attack Tuesday morning in Los Angeles, his spokesman confirms. Clark was 82.

Clark is best known for hosting long-running television shows such as "American Bandstand," the game show "Pyramid" and "Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve."

Clark had been in St. John's Hospital in Santa Monica, Calif. after undergoing an outpatient procedure Tuesday night. He suffered the heart attack following the procedure and that attempts to resuscitate him were unsuccessful.

Clark is survived by his wife, Kari, and his three children.

Comment

R.i.p.
      Originally posted by conmee
      If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
      Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
      I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
      Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
      Originally posted by eddie78
      I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

Well that just sucks.
        American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

Goodnight Dick! RIP

Icon of American Pop Culture!

Never forget seeing Pat Benatar on AB back in 1980!

Comment

Damn.....
            RIP
            5/25/03 - Anderson,SC (DLR Solo)
            9/27/07 - Charlotte,NC
            8/10/12 - Greenville,SC

Comment

There's a video I want to post, because it's just one of the most bizarre moments in tv preformance history..but I'll leave that to el-ford-o.

RIP Dick
              Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

pride of my university being interviewed by DC.

Comment

The good thing is that he won't have to put up with Ryan Seacrest's bullshit anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by DONNIEP View Post
                    Well that just sucks.
                    Yeah. Good dude. American Icon. As a little kid I loved American Bandstand. Fun television. Now we get Seacrest which is no comparison whatsoever. But to his credit, he fully respects & honors the guys that paved the way for him.

If there's a Heaven & they celebrate New Years Eve, I know who will be hosting the party.
                    “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

I think they still called him "America's Oldest Teenager" right up until he had that stroke. Actually surprised he lasted as long as he did after that.

One of my all time favorite Bandstand moments......

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

Originally posted by FORD View Post
                        I think they still called him "America's Oldest Teenager" right up until he had that stroke. Actually surprised he lasted as long as he did after that.

One of my all time favorite Bandstand moments......

Honestly, who's bright idea was it to have the lead singer of the sex pistol's new band, as a preforming act on American Bandstand?

Comment

Originally posted by Matt White View Post
                          Goodnight Dick! RIP

Icon of American Pop Culture!

Never forget seeing Pat Benatar on AB back in 1980!
                          Yeah, that was a great one, from my 14 year old perspective at the time, especially....

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

Originally posted by Unchainme View Post
                            Honestly, who's bright idea was it to have the lead singer of the sex pistol's new band, as a preforming act on American Bandstand?
                            Dunno.... but it looks like the Beastie Boys were watching, and Johnny's performance inspired their own eventual turn on AB.....

...lip syncing is bullshit anyway, so why not have fun with it?
                            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

Originally posted by FORD View Post
                              Yeah, that was a great one, from my 14 year old perspective at the time, especially....

It was special to a 12 yr old too!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X