X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Halen High
    Commando
    • Jul 2004

Eddie Money

Are there any Eddie Money fans here? I don't think many Aussies are aware of Eddie but I love his story, music and vocals - one of the most unique voices in popular music/rock in my opinion.

His 1982 track, 'Shakin' is probably my favourite Money song (the girl in the video is unforgettable), while 'I Think I'm In Love', 'Walk On Water', and 'Take Me Home Tonight' are others I rank highly. 'Two Tickets to Paradise' always reminds me of the movie 'Carlito's Way'.
  • Mr Walker
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    • Jan 2004

I remember listening to 'No Control' a lot back in the day.
    'Gimme Some Water' is a pretty heavy track.

Comment

• Halen High
      Commando
      • Jul 2004

Possibly his best album. On some tracks he did rock hard - Gimme Some Water was certainly one of them.

Comment

• Dan
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jan 2004

Eddie Money Fan In Da House.
        First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

• Dan
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Jan 2004

Two Tickets to Paradise-Eddie Money 1978

First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

• Nitro Express
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

It's weird how music can bring smells back. I was spending a lot of time on the beach when some of those Eddie Money songs were playing on the radio. People would have their radios on the beach and you would hear them. It brought the smells of Newport Beach back. I could smell the surf and sand.
            No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• gbranton
              Veteran
              • Aug 2005

Yeah, I got some love for Money. I saw him in 2010 and he was FANTASTIC! EVH isn't the only Ed who can still get it done live.
              "Don't want 'em to get you goat, don't show 'em where it's hid." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Mushroom
                Commando
                • Jul 2009

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                It's weird how music can bring smells back. I was spending a lot of time on the beach when some of those Eddie Money songs were playing on the radio. People would have their radios on the beach and you would hear them. It brought the smells of Newport Beach back. I could smell the surf and sand.
                That's the way I remember the late 70's... Hanging out on the beach in La Jolla with my parents and friends... All day long and into the night. The music. The suntans. The swimming. The surf and sand. The bonfire. The barbecuing. And the adults passing the doobie. Eddie Money was part of the soundtrack. I remember the radio stations KGB and KPRI.

I don't know why my post has the thumbs down. That was a good trip.
                Last edited by Mushroom; 04-21-2012, 01:02 AM.

Comment

• DONNIEP
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Mushroom
                  That's the way I remember the late 70's... Hanging out on the beach in La Jolla with my parents and friends... All day long and into the night. The music. The suntans. The swimming. The surf and sand. The bonfire. The barbecuing. And the adults passing the doobie. Eddie Money was part of the soundtrack. I remember the radio stations KGB and KPRI.

I don't know why my post has the thumbs down. That was a good trip.
                  Has there ever been a better place to hang than La Jolla??? Nope. Damn, out of all the places/times I miss the most from my years in San Diego, that town will always hold a special spot for me...

Baby Hold On To Me is a freakin' great song and I crank that fucker up every time it comes on the radio!!

American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• Mushroom
                    Commando
                    • Jul 2009

Originally posted by DONNIEP
                    Has there ever been a better place to hang than La Jolla??? Nope. Damn, out of all the places/times I miss the most from my years in San Diego, that town will always hold a special spot for me...

Baby Hold On To Me is a freakin' great song and I crank that fucker up every time it comes on the radio!!
                    That's what I'm talking about. I've been "stranded" in Hawaii working since February and still reminisce about La Jolla.

Comment

• High Life Man
                      Commando
                      • Jan 2004

Agree with Walker. GSW is a great track.

Comment

• twonabomber
                        formerly F A T
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Halen High
                        His 1982 track, 'Shakin' is probably my favourite Money song (the girl in the video is unforgettable)
                        that's Apollonia Kotero, before Apollonia 6 and Purple Rain.
                        Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• chefcraig
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Apr 2004

This one always stuck with me, even though it really wasn't that big of a hit. What stood out in the early days of MTV were the very small handfuls of clips that attempted to tell a story, with a narrative somehow drawn out in the film that just happened to work well with the music. As a result, I always thought this little micro-movie was one of the best videos ever created.

Here, Money portrays an undercover vice cop concerned over the welfare of a young girl, and while it is never quite resolved as to what Money's motivation is, it is assured his actions are honorable ones.

See all music videos Eddie Money

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                          ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• So this is love
                            Veteran
                            • Jan 2012

Originally posted by gbranton
                            Yeah, I got some love for Money. I saw him in 2010 and he was FANTASTIC! EVH isn't the only Ed who can still get it done live.
                            Don't get too excited now comparing EVH with Eddie Money...??? Have another drink dude!
                            Now who`s that babe with the fab-u-lous shad-ow?

Comment

• gbranton
                              Veteran
                              • Aug 2005

Originally posted by So this is love
                              Don't get too excited now comparing EVH with Eddie Money...??? Have another drink dude!
                              Whoa, by get it done I mean he can still do what made him famous. What the Money man does and what Ed does don't compare.
                              "Don't want 'em to get you goat, don't show 'em where it's hid." - David Lee Roth

Comment

Working...