Groupie
    • Feb 2004

HAIL:

Comment

• rwc
      Groupie
      • Feb 2004

OOLA:
      We've all witnessed Dave forgetting the words... Eddie forgets the song this time & Dave reacts brilliantly.

Comment

• Momshell
        Veteran
        • Jan 2012

Those are awesome! Looks like you had great seats. What's up with the crowd in front - people in the first couple of rows sitting down? Loved OOLA - Dave is fuckin hysterical, as usual!
        Thanks for posting!
        Stay Frosty!

THE DAY IS DONZO LET'S HAVE SOME FUNZO!!

Comment

• katina
          Commando
          • Mar 2012

Originally posted by rwc
          OOLA:
          We've all witnessed Dave forgetting the words... Eddie forgets the song this time & Dave reacts brilliantly.

http://youtu.be/Dpxi0syRBJ4
          Unbelievable!!! Great videos.

Comment

• SunisinuS
            Crazy Ass Mofo
            • May 2010

Originally posted by rwc

Sweet.
            Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

• vandeleur
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Sep 2009

Cool vids man
              fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• rocking ron
                Head Fluffer
                • Sep 2010

Awesome stuff, it's still getting better and better..........

- A little ain't enough -

Comment

• rwc
                  Groupie
                  • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Momshell
                  Those are awesome! Looks like you had great seats. What's up with the crowd in front - people in the first couple of rows sitting down? Loved OOLA - Dave is fuckin hysterical, as usual!
                  Thanks for posting!
                  We were in row F, center section, right on the aisle. The seats were great. This is the second time I got the VIP (first time was in Chicago in 2007 - front row that time).
                  I must say, there is a HUGE difference between seeing the concert up close and seeing it from good seats (I caught 4 shows from 07-08 & I saw them in Louisville from the floor (near the sound board)). Being up close, you can actually watch the band (watching Eddie play is incredible).

Is the VIP worth it??? I think next time I'll skip the VIP thing and get tickets up-close off stub hub. I think I could have gotten similar seats for around $300 (the VIP is about twice that). The VIP is cool for the soundcheck - in Chicago it lasted about 1 song. In Atlanta it was much, much better - 5 songs including As-Is and LUTS. Note that Dave doesn't show up for the sound check - it's just the Van Halens.
                  Aside from the sound check, you sometimes get a backstage tour (which is really lame - in Atlanta there was no tour but they gave us more time at the sound check).
                  The food is largely dependent on the venue. In Chicago, it was chicken wings and nachos. In Atlanta, it was Mac-N-Cheese. No I'm not kidding. I've heard from others that the food in some venues is quite good (but in my experience, it sucked - bad - especially considering the cost of the VIP experience).
                  The gift bag is nothing special.
                  That said... the sound check is really, really cool (especially if you get to hear stuff they normally don't play). Security gets pissy if you try to record it.
                  The whole point of the VIP is the seat. That is DEFINITELY worth it (but you can probably get a much better price off stub hub).

Comment

Working...