• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JenniferM
    Roadie
    • Feb 2004

Okie dokie!

Originally posted by Zing!
    You need to post that pic in the VH/DLR Grab bag thread!
    "Why behave in public if you're livin' on a playground?"

Comment

• PSYCHOVHFAN
      Roth Army Recruit
      • Aug 2007

I first heard them in 1978, Eddie's playing knocked me out and Dave's screams were so beautifully primal. I was hooked. I hung in there when Dave left because of Eddie. I have always gotten center right seats to focus on Ed's playing, as far back as 1981 and did so again on Saturday night in Tacoma. I was floor 1, row 3, seat 12 and the show was stellar. The pace was spot on with Dave in excellent form, plenty of interaction with the crowd and he moved well. Edward was as good as I have ever seen him, maybe better than ever. And how cool is it that he is clean.

Comment

• Coyote
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Yount
        So when did you cross over into an obsessive DLR/VH fan?
        A bright-eyed 13 year old Coyote was hanging out at his sisters apartment, going through her then-boyfriends record collection (vinyls), armed with a 90-minute blank cassette.
        Coming across an album with a smoking baby on the cover, I asked the guy "Who's this? Is it good?" to which he answered "I think you'll like that".
        And he was right. After a while that blank tape was 1/3 full.
        Also saw the HFT video around that time.

Going through the records again, came across another interesting looking album, this time it had a Technicolor jungle dude on the cover.
        Same questions, same answer. And the tape was 2/3 full. (The rest of it was filled with Ratt and other various hard rock)

Later on, I had them all on CD's. Even the Van Hagar-crap AND that one with Cherone, but I was young and hungry for knowledge...
        Missed out on the VHIII Helsinki gig in '98, though.
        Why settle for something you have, if it's not as good as something you're out to get?

Originally posted by Seshmeister
        It's like putting up a YouTube of Bach and playing Chopstix on your Bontempi...

Comment

• vanshipman
          Head Fluffer
          • Apr 2004

I go back to the very beginning. When VH I came out I was flabbergasted, I couldn't believe what I was hearing. Eruption just stunned me and then the rest of the album just won me over. From then on life was simply waiting for the next VH record. And now with the new album and tour it's good to have them back.

Comment

Working...