Thread: Need help; NAME THAT FUNKY DLR BEAT on SCRAPBOOK 1 video

Roth Army Recruit

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Need help; NAME THAT FUNKY DLR BEAT on SCRAPBOOK 1 video

Hey all, if you Itune David Lee Roth Scrapbook 1, there is a cool vid of Dave... AND I WANT TO KNOW THE TUNE that starts at 2minutes 40 seconds into that vid. Vhfrance posted the said vid, i love that beboppy tune but cannot seem to find the name. It is cool to see Dave dancing his own style of tectonic. What an entertainer.

So, who knows the name of that tune....let me know.
    Thanks

your last loose end
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Muntag451 View Post
    Hey all, if you Itune David Lee Roth Scrapbook 1, there is a cool vid of Dave... AND I WANT TO KNOW THE TUNE that starts at 2minutes 40 seconds into that vid. Vhfrance posted the said vid, i love that beboppy tune but cannot seem to find the name. It is cool to see Dave dancing his own style of tectonic. What an entertainer.

So, who knows the name of that tune....let me know.
    Thanks
    My guess is that this piece of music is something Dave did at a home studio or any studio for that matter aside from recording with VH. The style of music is called vocalise which is "musical composition consisting of the singing of melody with vowel sounds or nonsense syllables rather than text". It is also a form of vocal exercise. It is quite possibly something that was recorded specifically for this dance segment. Again, just guessing here. It would be cool if it were to become available.

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I think you meant YouTube - couldn't find anything on itunes, just this on youtube

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/t7r50cGe-0I?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/t7r50cGe-0I?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

Tried to shazam it, came up with nothing. It probably is just something Dave created but never released. Cool tune though.
    Stay Frosty!

THE DAY IS DONZO LET'S HAVE SOME FUNZO!!

Youcan'thandleTheTruth!
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    What I can't figure is why Dave either took dance lessons or went to great lengths to teach himself that free-form hip hop dance he does in the video, and then doesn't use it in concert (at least according to the vids I've seen). Dancing for that kid during DTNA would be a good example. Sliding on the floor, doing a spin, and throwing your hands in the air Al Jolson style does not constitute dance.
    My karma just ran over your dogma.

Thread Information