X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TJMKID
    Veteran
    • Mar 2004

Originally posted by sadaist
    Yeah. That is #1 on the list. If he has had to lick EVH's butthole behind the scenes for 5 years for this to happen or if he stood his ground & EVH gave in who knows. We may never know...unless Dave releases another book someday. But whatever it took....THANK YOU DAVE!!!!

I think there is a good chance Dave will write another book ---- I've heard rumors it's already in rough draft and titled "The Tao of Dave" ???

"Crazy From the Heat" kinda leaves you with a bad taste from the '96 MTV fiasco and I think Dave wants to put a happy ending on his VH years with these 2 recent tours. I think we'll hear a lot about that redemption in his 2nd book.

Can't wait to read it !!!

Comment

• SNIPER
      Crazy Ass Mofo
      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by TJMKID
      I think there is a good chance Dave will write another book ---- I've heard rumors it's already in rough draft and titled "The Tao of Dave" ???

"Crazy From the Heat" kinda leaves you with a bad taste from the '96 MTV fiasco and I think Dave wants to put a happy ending on his VH years with these 2 recent tours. I think we'll hear a lot about that redemption in his 2nd book.

That would be cool. Hope it happens.

Comment

• chi-town324
        Crazy Ass Mofo
        • Feb 2007

Whats the story behind the foot cast on the back of the Van Halen II album? Did he really break it jumping off risers trying to get a good picture?
        Good luck Zing...hope ya hear something either way...

Comment

• sadaist
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Jul 2004

Lets just hope the book talks about "these last 3-4 tours and 2-3 albums & live dvd". wink wink
          “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Jetstream
            Foot Soldier
            • Dec 2011

I appreciate your endeavors ---- but shouldn't you at least post links to your online resume or interviews you've done to get some cred on this request ???

Dave and the VH boys seem to be aiming only at "pros" on this tour. The Cafe Wha? and Forum rehearsal gigs were invite-only for "professional media types". I think that was a little snobby on their part ---- but in all fairness they did manage to issue a press pass to WARF for Cafe Wha? and thus the Army was officially represented at that function.

Plus, I've heard rumors WARF got shoehorned into the official "She's the Woman" video on behalf of the Army's good working relationship with our DDE rep so that's encouraging as well.

Baby steps, my friend ---- don't get discouraged if your interview with Lord Diamond is refused ---- these things move kinda slow in this day and age.

actually post references in public removed from the source who your contacting is consider unprofessional, but I understand your perspective as well. I think it is a well written proposal
            I got lost in the...

Comment

• sadaist
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jul 2004

Originally posted by IceCreamBlondie

p.s. I would LOVE to know if Our Man Roth reads the Roth Army every once in a while.....

Totally agree. In fact I think ALL celebrities should hit up their main fan sites now & then and possibly make a few posts. But the majority of celebrities now are so detached from the actual fanbase it's ridiculous. They just let TMZ and the likes do all the work for them. Rather than reaching out to the fans for publicity they just "forget" to wear panties or let a sex tape "leak" out. LAME.

Dave kicked us some tickets to Cafe Wha? and the Los Angeles shows. Right there is serious props from the man himself.
              “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Yount
                Commando
                • Jan 2012

David Lee - do you still sleep in two to four hour bursts, three or so times a day with your ski hat? Do you still hide under the covers and flip around on the radio dial? What's for breakfast? (Don't say the competition I've heard that one.)

Comment

• Von Halen
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by BumBahDeeDah

Where's Animal?
                  Animal was let go, as was all of Dave's old crew.

Comment

• BumBahDeeDah
                    Head Fluffer
                    • Mar 2004

Damn. I liked Animal. Spoke to him on the radio. Sold him a watch. (maybe he got let go partly due to lateness).

He was at the show in NYC in '08, but of course things change.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                      ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                      • Dec 2003

Originally posted by IceCreamBlondie
                      Good luck Zing! Let us know what happens...we are rooting for ya!

p.s. I would LOVE to know if Our Man Roth reads the Roth Army every once in a while.....
                      I think "every once in a while" is overestimating it, but yes, he has been on the site....
                      Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• vandeleur
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Sep 2009

That is cool as fuck
                        fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                          ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                          I think "every once in a while" is overestimating it, but yes, he has been on the site....
                          As in actually posting or just checking it out? If the former, could you reference the thread(s)? Thanks.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                            ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                            • Dec 2003

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
                            As in actually posting or just checking it out? If the former, could you reference the thread(s)? Thanks.
                            Oh no, just lurking....

But I'm pretty sure that Sarge has always reserved the login names of the band members, just in case...
                            Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                              ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Kick ass!

Comment

• chefcraig
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan

But I'm pretty sure that Sarge has always reserved the login names of the band members, just in case...
                                Not surprisingly, no one has ever attempted to claim the Gary Cherone one.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                                ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

Working...