Member No
    Last Online
    04-08-2015 @ 12:58 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,934 Times in 1,875 Posts

Junior Seau dead of apparent suicide :(

OH NOES!

I kinda feel like crying. This guy WAS Mr San Diego (next to Tony Gwynn). So sad. he was so nice. We would see him driving sometimes & always wave nd honk. he ALWAYS waved back.

rest in peace 55.

http://www.tmz.com/2012/05/02/junior.../#.T6F8xNmQiKo

NFL legend Junior Seau was found dead in his home in Oceanside, CA ... and a law enforcement source at the scene tells us cops believe he shot himself.

Seau was 43-years-old ... and leaves behind 3 kids and an ex-wife.

Cops are currently at Seau's home -- located in San Diego County -- and were seen talking with a man who was inside the house and appeared distraught.

We're told Seau sent text messages to his ex-wife and 3 kids yesterday saying, "Love you." We're told they all responded and didn't suspect anything was wrong. We're told he last saw his kids 3 weeks ago.

Sources close to Seau tell us family members didn't notice any signs of depression in recent weeks.

Seau was a beast in the NFL -- skyrocketing to fame thanks to his explosive play with the San Diego Chargers, Miami Dolphins and New England Patriots. The USC standout was selected in the first round of the NFL draft in 1990 and played in the league for 20 years.

Seau was involved in a car accident back in 2010 when he drove his SUV off a cliff in Carlsbad, CA hours after he was arrested for allegedly attacking his girlfriend. Seau later said he was not trying to kill himself ... insisting he had fallen asleep at the wheel.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

The Menace Is Loose Again
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

This fucking sucks dudes.

43 years old and 3 kids. So young. I feel so bad for these kids. Man, depression can hit anyone.

TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Check this out. Remember when the Chargers went to the Super Bowl in 1995? Lost to the 49'ers bad. but....

Seau is the eighth member of the Chargers 1994 Super Bowl team to pass.

WEIRD! I remember when my favorite player from that team died right after the game (1-2 weeks I think) David Griggs. Then a few years back linebacker Chris Mims died. I met him at a bar and have his autograph on a $1 bill. I forget the other names from the team that have died. Cursed team? Man that was a great team. Such a fun season to be a Chargers fan.

TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Dec 13, 2011 3:00 PM

Death Is Stalking The 1994 Chargers

It is the plot of the least likely Final Destination sequel ever: members of the 1994 AFC Champion Chargers have been dying premature deaths. Even more premature than the average CTE-doomed football player: with Lew Bush's death last week, seven players from that Super Bowl team have passed away before the age of 45.

• Five months after that Super Bowl, LB David Griggs drove his car off a freeway ramp and slammed into a sign pole. Subsequent tests would show that his blood alcohol level was twice the legal limit.

• In 1996, RB Rodney Culver and his wife were aboard ValuJet FLight 592 from Miami to Atlanta when it crashed into the Everglades, killing all on board.

• In 1998, LB Doug Miller was struck by lightning while camping in Colorado. CPR was being performed on Miller when he was struck again by a second bolt.

• In 2008, C Curtis Whitley was found dead in his trailer in Texas. Whitley had a history of substance abuse and had twice been suspended by the NFL, and toxicology results pointed to an accidental overdose.

• Also in 2008, DE Chris Mims was discovered facedown on the bathroom floor of his Los Angeles apartment. An autopsy revealed an enlarged heart, and Mims weighed 456 pounds at his death.

• Earlier this year, DT Shawn Lee died from cardiac arrest brought on by years of complications with diabetes.

• On Thursday, Bush suffered a heart attack at his home in San Diego. Since retiring in 2002, friends say he had struggled with his weight.

A combination of freak accidents and typical post-football life demises. This is a statistical anomaly, not the spectral fingers of death personified plucking Bobby Ross's squad from this mortal plane. Still: football is a really, really dangerous game.

http://deadspin.com/5867720/death-is...-1994-chargers

fourthcoming
    What a shame......R.I.P. Junior.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

∞ SHEEP PEN GYPSY
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-25-2024 @ 06:27 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,031 Times in 685 Posts

A shame............

RIP Junior!

Makes me wonder....'roids? Concussion????

A sad end to a HALL OF FAMER

TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Going to Charges games in the 90's I remember thousands of fans holding signs that read

SAY OW!!

everytime he made a big tackle.

The guy was a machine. he also had a pretty good restaurant in San Diego called SEAU'S. You know, $10 burgers and the likes. TONS of humongous televisions broadcasting games, micro brews, etc. Fun place to be on a Sunday during football season. And everything I know or heard about him was nothing but great stuff.

Looks like the restaurant is still in biz.

http://www.seau.com/

8. Thanked sadaist for this KICKASS post:

Matt White (05-02-2012)

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    11-16-2021 @ 10:37 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Damn what the f*ck just heard this on the radio

Open 8am-5pm M-F
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    01-08-2015 @ 01:06 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Yeah this sucks!

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-28-2024 @ 09:22 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,517 Times in 2,422 Posts

Ate at his sports bar several years ago in San Diego, pretty cool place....

Mind-Roaster
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    05-31-2018 @ 06:51 PM
    Status
    Thanks

that is fucked up about the '94 Bolts. and for some wildly unlikely reasons, too (mixed in with the more typical heart attacks and substance issues) - I mean fuckin' struck by lightning and a commercial airliner crash?

Seau certainly seemed to be one of the good guys.

∞ SHEEP PEN GYPSY
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by damngoodtimes View Post
    that is fucked up about the '94 Bolts. and for some wildly unlikely reasons, too (mixed in with the more typical heart attacks and substance issues) - I mean fuckin' struck by lightning and a commercial airliner crash?

Seau certainly seemed to be one of the good guys.
    I knew a chick on that flight......"Act of God" is the only explanation......................

TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Yeah. Very weird shit. That whole season was weird. If you remember we were NOT supposed to beat the Steelers in Pittsburgh and won by swatting that last second pass into the endzone that would have won it for them. We got to Pittsburgh & the AFC championship game by beating the Dolphins. they lost on a last second go-ahead field goal that would have won it for them. Missed a field goal from like 32 yards out? WTF.

The entire season was 1 miracle after another....until the Super Bowl game.

It's like the guys on the team used all their saves up and then started dropping afterwards.

LIGHT EM UP!!
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-31-2015 @ 07:51 AM
    Status
    Thanks

he's the 3rd ex nfl players to fatally shoot himself in the last 15 months.. This sounds just like what Dave Duerson did and was going through last year. Head trauma is a motherfucker

TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chi-town324 View Post
    he's the 3rd ex nfl players to fatally shoot himself in the last 15 months.. This sounds just like what Dave Duerson did and was going through last year. Head trauma is a motherfucker

But Junior did the tackling....he didn't get hit. I don't remember him ever going out from a kabonk on the noodle. Maybe because he is 43 and all he has ever done is play football and now he is lost without it? Feeling useless? No path? Or a nasty divorce? The guy was rich & loved. Rare combination today. But depression can hit anyone. But it seems so surreal & bizarre. Junior Seau committing suicide? Seriously...wtf!? Just can't imagine it in my wildest dreams. Unbelievable news. And by that over used saying I truly mean it is extremely hard to believe it went down like this.

fourthcoming
    Quote Originally Posted by sadaist View Post
    But Junior did the tackling....he didn't get hit. I don't remember him ever going out from a kabonk on the noodle. Maybe because he is 43 and all he has ever done is play football and now he is lost without it? Feeling useless? No path? Or a nasty divorce? The guy was rich & loved. Rare combination today. But depression can hit anyone. But it seems so surreal & bizarre. Junior Seau committing suicide? Seriously...wtf!? Just can't imagine it in my wildest dreams. Unbelievable news. And by that over used saying I truly mean it is extremely hard to believe it went down like this.
    I think you realty nailed it on the head. 20 yrs of playing football....one year removed from the game and this happens? It has to be a combination of many things...hopefully steroid use wasn't one of them. I'm sure it's difficult for these guys to walk away from the game kind of like it's difficult for a boxer to retire. A divorce, who knows if he had money issues....alot of football players end up broke, alot of them have no other life skills to fall back on for the rest of their lives.....who knows. It is sad and at the same time, I'm watching his poor mother on ESPN last night ......and this woman is completely heartbroken....don't ask me why nobody ended her press conference and let the poor woman grieve in peace....I guess we are a country of people who can't get enough of other people's misery. Anyway, I'm watching his poor mother and my girlfriend and I practically have tears in our eyes for her, and I can't help but think it was a little selfish of Junior to go out that way....not to mention his kids he leaves behind. Kids who will not collect life insurance money so they can be taken care of because their father committed suicide. My girfriend got pissed at me and said I don't know what I'm talking about and I don't understand depression. Maybe I don't......in any event, rest in peace Junior.

18. 2 users say thank you to fourthcoming for this KICKASS post:

ashstralia (05-03-2012),sadaist (05-03-2012)

∞ SHEEP PEN GYPSY
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Tackling someone is ALMOST as painful as getting hit......And Junior played with Reckless abandon!

Sad...no matter what the cause.....

Idle No More
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-09-2020 @ 08:56 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,591 Times in 1,076 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Matt White View Post
    Tackling someone is ALMOST as painful as getting hit......And Junior played with Reckless abandon!

Sad...no matter what the cause.....
    Yup, you don't have to hit your head to get your brain rattled. I don't think the link between concussion and depression can be ignored anymore.

Depression sucks, I've battled it since my teens. Interesting to note that my first concussion was at the age of 2, and I played hard as a kid, resulting in more than one concussion.

My heart goes out to his family, I've lost friends and family members to suicide. It's the worst kind of death to have to go through, there's a lot of guilt and shame attached...

TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Angel View Post

My heart goes out to his family, I've lost friends and family members to suicide. It's the worst kind of death to have to go through, there's a lot of guilt and shame attached...

Maybe that's exactly the reason many do it. Less for themselves and more as a final fuck you to the people close to them that they feel wronged them somehow. The old "you'll be sorry when I'm dead" thinking.

TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

If you guys get a chance, take a look at todays San Diego Union. Entire front page is Junior. Man.....I can't remember my town loving someone so much. Junior IS Mr San Diego. Even when he left for the Patriots, he never truly left.

http://www.utsandiego.com/

TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Check this out today too if you can.

http://www.chargers.com/

TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fourthcoming View Post
    . Anyway, I'm watching his poor mother and my girlfriend and I practically have tears in our eyes for her, and I can't help but think it was a little selfish of Junior to go out that way.....

DON'T WATCH THIS unless you are in a very strong mood.

The cops are crying, the media is crying, shouting "we love you Mrs Seau", the crowd is crying. WHEN have you seen something like this where even the cops & media are all in tears? (just for my point to you guys not in San Diego how dang important & loved this guy was here. Why I keep posting about it and can't believe it)

Let me say, in the 90's Mrs Seau was at every home game. She sat with the regular fans. We met her a few times & always saw her. She would hug everyone that would say "hi! We love your son!". She is just about the sweetest lady you can imagine. And down to Earth. Man, this is just getting more fucked up. If he was in a car accident it would sure be a lot easier to take.

Again, final warning about this video.....it's rough.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxGEGTt9yZQ

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

That whole season was weird. If you remember we were NOT supposed to beat the Steelers in Pittsburgh and won by swatting that last second pass into the endzone that would have won it for them.
    Thanks for reminding me about that game, asshole....

26. Thanked Va Beach VH Fan for this KICKASS post:

sadaist (05-03-2012)

TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Va Beach VH Fan View Post
    Pittsburgh?

Dude....that knock down was the single greatest sports moment of my life. Me & a ton of friends were drinking to watch the game. All I remember once it was swatted down was a huge dogpile in the living room with everyone tearing up & screaming WE'RE GOING TO THE FUCKING SUPERBOWL!!!!!!!!

The entire city felt like an earthquake. after our dogpile we rolled outside and the streets filled up with thousands of people screaming, singing, chanting, hugging....you'd think we just won the entire game of football. Lifetime champs or something. CRAZY.

The team flew in that night & the city was allowed to greet & welcome them back from Pittsburgh at Jack Murphy Stadium. Capacity 62,000.....filled with an estimated 90,000 for that greeting. People were standing on the roofs! As you drove your car in to the stadium the fans lined up on either side to high five everyone pulling in. People were on hoods, truck beds, roofs.

INSANITY!!!

After the teams speeches the crowd rushed the field. I went to the center of the 50 yard line & looked up at a full stadium. Surreal. I reached down & took a clump of grass. That grass still sits in the bottom of the lucky Corona bottle I was holding when we knocked that final pass down.

Steelers have had many many great winning moments. This was ours. And man, did we appreciate & savor the fuck out of it.

TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Something lighter. Although I doubt these quarterbacks would agree.

TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Have some salt with that wound please.....

Final 4 downs. the biggie came at 2:59

And the uploaders comments are spot on..

"This clip features the greatest moment of my life as a sports fan. When Gibson batted down the pass and the Chargers were Super Bowl bound....it was a glorious moment. I know.....we all know.....what happened next when we played the 49ers, but I will forever relish this moment."

Idle No More
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-09-2020 @ 08:56 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,591 Times in 1,076 Posts

Maybe that's exactly the reason many do it. Less for themselves and more as a final fuck you to the people close to them that they feel wronged them somehow. The old "you'll be sorry when I'm dead" thinking.
    I think more often they're thinking that the world would be better off without them in it. When you're at the point of suicide, you think about other's a lot.

Everyone thinks that suicide is a selfish act, except those that have been there and no what games the mind plays. Depression is a nasty disease...

fourthcoming
    That Steeler Chargers game was a great game.....was rooting for San Diego cuz they were the underdogs and could never take Neil O'Donnel seriously. I'm sure Steeler fans are doing just fine with their 6 rings.

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Yeah, I forgot how it is for you lowly franchises to make it to a Super Bowl....

fourthcoming
    Yeah, I forgot how it is for you lowly franchises to make it to a Super Bowl....
    Damn Steeler fans.....lol....I'm a Giants fan so I have nothing to complain about. Steelers do things the right way that's why their consistent.

Thread Information